Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-17-2003, 08:46 PM
BlueWolf02 is offline BlueWolf02

Send a message via AIM to BlueWolf02
eek Black Hawk probs and tutorial won't work

I have a little problem here. I have created in my map a blackhawk. I set up four way points to create a diamond shape. The black hawk flies along the waypoints perfecly. Then what's my prob? Well I read in the manual that u have to use the spawn wp pause option to make a vehicle stop or pause at a certai nwaypoint. However when I type in the numers in the Spawn Wp pause, and then I bring up the item's attribute page for the waypoint, the tiem is back to 0/ Have any ideas? I would go to ur tutorial Steve, but it is not working for me. L8r, The BlueWolf02
Old 06-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Gunshot is offline Gunshot

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
???

*Try Like the Rest & Die like the Rest*
*Kill the Best, Shoot the rest*
Old 06-17-2003, 11:51 PM
a pink punk is offline a pink punk

do you want it just fly to some place and have it stop, and not take off aging? then go to the plave were you name your waypoints and check the box that says "waypoints do not loop" or something.

^Kamikaze made it^
Old 06-18-2003, 08:54 PM

Wat?

No I wnat it to continously fly around in a square design and land at one waypoint and take-off again. But I put the time in the Spawn Wp pause part of the items attributes page for the waypoint and black hawk. But it jsuts restars to 0 and the black hawk never stops. Any ideas or help? Thanx
Old 06-19-2003, 01:01 AM

try makeing so that is does not loop and put a restart on the event that makes is move (try starting arond 120 secs).

^Kamikaze made it^
Old 06-19-2003, 09:27 AM

I''l try that thanx alot, if I have any more porbs I'll post it here.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:14 PM

NOTE: this will only work if you want it to stop one time. sorry for posting it late.

so if you want a 2 blackhawks in your map, just have one for blue team and one for red team

^Kamikaze made it^
Old 06-20-2003, 05:10 PM

no, I want the black hawks to lfy around in a square patteren and always stop on one waypoint then takeoff and go around again. I have another question too, I have a beach with a automatic water level, but now the tunnles I made are under water, how do I make the tunnels dry but keep the beach?
Old 06-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Worm is offline Worm

Send a message via ICQ to Worm
I hope you're a patient guy

1. Insert > choose "Indestructable BHD with 2 miniguns" > hit Insert again to exit.
2. Edit > Groups > select #3 and call it "heli" (or whatever you like) > click "OK" to exit.
3. Click the heli to get the info in the panel > click the panel to bring up the Edit items Attributes window > change "None" in "Group" to #3 heli > click "OK" to exit > hit "U" to deselect.
4. Edit > Waypoints > click #1 and type "heli" as the description > OK (to exit).
5. Insert > Markers > click the top item in the list, then hit "W" to take you to "Waypoints" (saves all that scrolling) > put at 12 WPs on the map in whatever pattern you want, but make sure the last one is placed at the starting point.
6. Right click the first WP you placed on the map and choose "Select this type" from the menu to highlight them all > click the info panel to bring up the Edit Item Attributes window > change "List" from "None" to "#1 - heli" > click OK to exit. All the WPs should now be joined together. Hit "U" to deselect.
7. Edit > Area Trigger > click #1 and call it "heli" > "OK" to exit.
8. Insert > Area Trigger > place two of them diagonally opposite one another around the heli > right click one of them, choose "Select this type" from the menu > click the info panel to get the Edit Item Attributes window and change "#0" to "#1" under Waypoints (the dropdown menu will be disabled btw). Click OK to exit > hit "U" to deselect. Repeat steps 7 and 8, but put the second trigger at Waypoint #7 and call it #2 in the Area Trigger list.
9. Edit > Events > change "Delay" from "0" to "40" (without quotes) > double click "New Trigger", change Trigger Type to "Group" > Trigger Condition to "Area Trigger" > under Trigger Variables, change Group to "3- heli" and Area to "1- heli". it should now say "Group 3 is within area 1" under "IF".
10. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" > change Action Type to "Redirect Group" > Group to "3- heli" > WP list to "1-heli" and leave WP number at "0". It should now say "Redirect group 3 to waypoint 1 - 0".
11. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" again > under "Action type" choose "Change AI, Group" > under "Action subtype" choose "Combat speed" > under "Group" choose "3- heli" > under "Speed" type 25 (or scroll down and choose 25 from the list if you prefer).
12. Click "New event" in the left hand window to change it to "Event 1" > double click "New Trigger" > underr "Trigger type" choose "Group" > under "Trigger Condition" choose "Reached Waypoint" > under "Group 1" choose "#3 - heli" > under WP list, choose "#1 - heli" > under WP number choose "3" > click OK.
13. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" again > under "Action type" choose "Change AI, Group" > under "Action subtype" choose "Patrol Speed" > under Group choose "3- heli" > under "speed" type 15.
14. Click "New event" in the left hand window to change it to "Event 2" > double click "New Trigger" > under "Trigger type" choose "Group" > under "Trigger Condition" choose "Reached Waypoint" > under "Group 1" choose "#3 - heli" > under WP list, choose "#1 - heli" > under WP number choose "7" > click OK.
15. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" again > under "Action type" choose "Change AI, Group" > under "Action subtype" choose "Patrol Speed" > under Group choose "3- heli" > under "Speed", leave it at "0".
16. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" again > under "Action type" choose "Change AI, Group" > under "Action subtype" choose "AI State" > under Group, choose "3- heli" > under "Ai State" choose "Land".
17. Click "New Event" to change it to "Event 3" and under "IF" double click "New Trigger > change Trigger Type to "Group" > Trigger Condition to "Area Trigger" > change "Group" to "3- heli" > change "Area" to "2 - heli" > click OK.
18. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" once more > under "Action type" choose "Redirect group" > under "Group" choose "3 - heli" > under WP list, choose "1 - heli" > under WP number, choose "8".
19. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" once again > under "Action type" choose "Change AI, Group" > under Action subtype, choose "AI State" > under Group, choose "3 - heli" > under "AI State" choose "Follow Waypoint".
20. Double click "New Action" under "THEN" again > choose "AI State" > "Patrol Speed" > "3- heli" > "20" (or whatever speed you want - I presume you know the menu setup by now too).
21. New Event (will be Event 4) > New Trigger > Trigger type = Group > Trigger Condition = Reached Waypoint > Group = "3- heli" > WP list = #1 > WP number = 12 (assuming you put 12 WPs on the map).
22. New Action > Change AI, Group > Patrol Speed > "3 - heli" > Speed = 0.
23. New Action > Change AI, Group > AI State > "3 - heli" > Land.
24. New Event (Event 5) > New Trigger > Group > Area Trigger > "3 - heli" > Area = "1 - heli" > OK.
25. New Action > Reset Event 0.

Should work

Oh, and you can't "dry out" the tunnels. If you want tunnels and water, use DVDG2 as your terrain and build your map on the plateau with the sea at the front and rivers on either side. The plateau is elevated sufficiently to allow you to place both tunnels and water without flooding the tunnels.

Last edited by Worm; 06-24-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:58 PM

I'm just finished what you said to do, except for twelve wp I used four. Anyhow Thanx for ur help and I'm going to see if it will work right now. L8r and thanx
Old 06-29-2003, 09:30 PM

it worked, sorta. It landed in the wrong spots and then it wouldn't land at all. So I got the jist of wat to do and I'm fixing it up. Thanx for all ur help guys! (or gals)