Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 07-18-2006, 12:55 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Hey im not promising anything on the System Restore.It wont cause any damage i can tell you that mcuh!If yoiu go back to the day before it quit working then it may help ya figure out why or fix it.Really your better off since 8 months have passed to wipe your computer and do a fresh install if the older drivers dont work.I will notify Chief and see if he can help ya!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 07-18-2006, 03:02 PM
mrz is offline mrz

daredevil do you have msn orsomething? so i can get more help easier?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Scattergun is offline Scattergun

installing an older driver usualy means a Driver roll back

or

you would ahve to look up an older driver on google Download it and Install it from there.

Edit** Do you ahve Win XP or a dirr Operating system.???

[Comp-1][Intel C2 2.6Ghz @ 2.9Ghz 10% Overclock][2 Gig DDR2 800][x1900 XTX 512mbCrossfire Edition][20 in LCD 8ms]

Old 07-18-2006, 05:59 PM
mrz is offline mrz

i have windows xp home edition
Old 07-19-2006, 11:32 AM
NateDoggzDotUU is offline NateDoggzDotUU

Hmm... maybe I can help...

Quote:
Originally posted by smz
It used to work before though, i think something happened when my computer rebooted.
First of all... your video card, 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV, should work with LW... but it will not work with the newer versions of DF (extreme,JO) that use pixel shader support. All the computers at my school use the 82865G/GL/GE/PE/GV video cards and are "decent". I used to play LW with 8 meg Video Cards (voodoo,ati)... and I imagine that the 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV is capable of playing LW. I suspect your having a DirectX conflict... maybe you need to down grade to DX8 if your using 9... I noticed that DXdiag was not recognizing your video card properly, so there is obviously a conflict. Are you using XP SP1? Your problem seems to be Direct3d support... which most video cards support(after 1999) even if they are cheap. I am not sure, but maybe LW uses OpenGl as well... its been a while since i've played LW. You might have to find OpenGL drivers for your video card. You may also search for Third Party drivers... which sometimes fix problems like this one.

Since it used to work, I suspect that there is a simple explanation for all this. Did you install any kind of updates or anything when it stopped working? Is there a possibility that you installed a new version of DirectX or any new games that could have changed graphics settings? You may also goto Control Panel/Intel(r) Extreme Graphics and see if you can find anything there... if any of this sparks an idea... just gimme some more info and I will see if I can help ya some more.

Last edited by NateDoggzDotUU; 07-19-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:10 PM
mrz is offline mrz

yeahnatedog, when i installed the new update from intel.com it stopped working. Now i cant get it back to work
im going to try goingto directx8
Old 07-19-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrz
yeahnatedog, when i installed the new update from intel.com it stopped working. Now i cant get it back to work
im going to try goingto directx8
What update was it? Going back to directx8 might not fix it... if you updated the video drivers; there is a possibility that you need to find the original drivers that came with the computer... should be on a restore cd or you can find it elsewhere(I can find it for you if you need). Do you have SP2 update for XP? There is a possibility that if you upgraded to SP2, it could have caused a problem. If you don't have SP2... try installing it and see if it fixes the problem... i know that SP1 was aimed at fixing graphics problems and such... and SP2 was focused on security.... so that is another possibility... You can find out everything about SP2 at this site(http://aumha.org/win5/a/sp2faq.php), including errors caused after upgrading and such. I'm out for now... I will check back soon. Good Luck!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:00 PM

Well I decided to dig in a little further for ya... if you think about it... DFLW was designed for a 16 bit OS(Windows 98) and sometimes there are random problems when older games are ran on a 16/32 bit Hybrid OS (Windows XP). Mainly with games.... There is a good chance that there is some kinda error specifically for DFLW on XP. I found an article at Microsoft that included DFLW as one of the applications that has had problems running on "limited" accounts. (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;307091). If you are not using an administrator account... there is a possibility that might be the problem. I just thought i'd throw another idea at ya.

I did notice that DXdiag was reporting your video ram incorrectly... so I am still suspicious about video card drivers or DirectX problems. If you are not using SP2... which there is a good chance that your not... installing it may fix the compatibility problems with your video card and DirectX. Who knows... keep trying things and i will keep checking back.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:09 PM

LOL, I had another idea strike me as I was about to leave... Remove your video card drivers and reboot your computer... when you boot back up... it will find your video card again... If it asks you what to do, choose the option that says "I will choose the driver from the list" and it should bring you to a window with compatible drivers found on your computer.... your old driver .inf might still be on the list with the date next to it... choose the oldest one if you have that choice. Sometimes, I have found, that simply uninstalling hardware and reinstalling it fixes many problems Especially back in the 98 days... but if you do that then it should reconfigure everything again.... try that out as well. L8r
Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
uninstill your video card mother broad software/driver? using "add & remove" should be listed in there, then restart your system. put in the Intel CD from Intel broad into the tray so it find the default drivers/software then your set.

best never fool around with any school laptop you may end up paying for it.

if it is your own computer/laptop then update the bois & chipset.

best call Intel tech support so you get the right working one for your mother broad version number you need.

you may get a newer one with some bugs still being workout, so double check first.

intel mother broad are good, but there a draw back to getting the newer one.

don't know the number off hand go to www.intel.com and lookup contack information to get the 888 or 800 number then call them, tell them what mother broad you have model they can tell what bois up date you need for it thats is best for you. they have bois, audio,video, lan updates already released last month
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-19-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
mrz is offline mrz

thank you all for your help but I decided to do system restore and it works now
Old 07-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Chief ADFP

i know what it is reason i have a Intel Mother Broad it to has a video chip build into the mother broad it basic the same thing you have.

i really think you should looking to getting a graphic card for your system. look at your booklet on your mother broad or look it up on Intel web site see what type of video card it need to plug-in to it. slots for the Video card
Old 07-20-2006, 05:43 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
i know what it is reason i have a Intel Mother Broad it to has a video chip build into the mother broad it basic the same thing you have.

i really think you should looking to getting a graphic card for your system. look at your booklet on your mother broad or look it up on Intel web site see what type of video card it need to plug-in to it. slots for the Video card

If im not mistaken Chief my Windows ME does too!I added a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 SE on mine 3-4 years ago when i was gaming and realized the motherboard chip was horrible.So i would say Nvidia Cards should work for him especially that one.Not so sure that card can handle Doom 3 or Quake 4 like games but can any nova game DFX and below.Along with other games years old like call of duty,medal of honor,and etc....

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Chief ADFP

he has to find out what type of card he need for his mother broad if it one of the new model mostly it need a PCIe type card for it.
=========================================
mrz

can you tell me what model your mother broad it?

MOB: Intel ?

i like to look it up.

Intel® 945G Express Chipset
link: http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/945g/index.htm

PCI Express* x16 Interface Delivers greater than 3.5 times the bandwidth over the traditional AGP 8X interface and supports the latest high-performance graphics cards.
===========================================
Details:
Graphics Driver [WIN2K_XP1420.EXE] (5162KB) 14.20 3/26/2006

Top one you can use to instill from desktop then after restart your system it will take 5-15min let it do it thing when your back to ether desktop or log-in screen you know its done.
Update your driver link: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...5&submit=Go%21

Ps: my MOB is D945GNT it use the same things your do, only i remove the graphic drivers/software and got a Ati card graphic card to use, your take a PCIe video card as will

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-21-2006 at 12:23 PM.