Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 06-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Rock is offline Rock

Send a message via ICQ to Rock Send a message via AIM to Rock
The new home of Bab.stats/Chronos program is now open!

The new home of Bab.stats/Chronos program is now open!

Our goal is to continue in the fine tradition that Baboon started, bringing the DF community am updated site, offering a place for support of one of the most popular scripts used in this gaming series, and hopefully to continue the program into the realm of Joint Ops.

The site is still "in progress" but we felt since it was a community site that you all could help get it off the ground! We are asking folks to contribute web links, related scripts, and add-ons right away!

The site is PHP-Nuke 7.3 so there is built in search capability! This was one of the most requested capabilities when we sought to undertake this lofty plan.

Please bear with us as we get the site off and running! The site moves a bit slow, but we are working on that!

Thanks,

Rock
Staff Member,
http://www.babstats.com
Old 06-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Well i'm glad it is going to move onto Joint Operations, the amount of servers that use bab.stats is very large. I'm also glad that it is going to have its own website adress, but i think it should have AI's name on it, nice site btw
Old 06-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

hehe, if u didn't notice the nice site bit was a bit of a lie," order to bring you, the community, the best service possible, we have decided to close the site temporarily while we move to a faster host.

We understand the need and demands that will be placed on the NEW home of Bab.stats.

In the meantime, please continue using the current Bab.stats site.
"
Old 06-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Rock is offline Rock

Quote:
hehe, if u didn't notice the nice site bit was a bit of a lie," order to bring you, the community, the best service possible, we have decided to close the site temporarily while we move to a faster host.
I am not sure you made it to the site before we started making changes in our host. The slowness was something we felt was unacceptable.

The site will be back up, on a new host, and probably with a less intensive them, as soon as we can get it back and running.

The original Bab.stats is no longer maintained, no new downloads are being added, and volunteers were keeping the code up to date --- that's why we are undertaking this task, with the blessing and permission of Baboon, who has retired from the gaming community.

Thanks for your time & patience!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Rock is offline Rock

As for AI, Worm and the rest were happy to help us out and asked for nothing in exchange - - - actually it is less of a headache for them as they will no longer get support requests in their own team forums.

Proper credit will always be given to Baboon, who created the program.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:08 PM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
ah thats bull... ok now whos going to the creator of new stat maker who joint ops community will remember
Old 06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Rock is offline Rock

Quote:
ah thats bull... ok now whos going to the creator of new stat maker who joint ops community will remember
What were you trying to say? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Rock