Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Call of Duty
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Call of Duty Anything about the Call of Duty / Modern Warfare series of games.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Call of Duty Review

Call of Duty Review

Call of Duty is based on events in World War II, from taking over small towns, raiding buildings, holding off the enemy in Stalingrad, and other tidbits.

The campaign is split up into a story from a man serving in the United States, to a member serving for Britain, and last, a soldier serving for Mother Russia.

The game to me right now is an average, where it starts off in training, to parachuting, going from objective to objective, using an MG42 Machine Gun Emplacement, escaping in a vehicle, freeing someone, doing the same thing,
and vice versa. The campaign is on rails, so you have to do objectives in order to complete a mission. If you compare this to Operation Flashpoint, there are heaps of ways to complete your mission and also in different directions too.
The AI is pretty straight and good, but once you set the difficulty on Veteran, they are not just machines with guns.

The graphics are pretty great at first, the Distance Fog, lighting, Trilinear option, the detail, and all. But the gameplay always takes over the graphics in this game.
If you try United Offensive, the expansion pack to this game, you will expect more of everything, just double the everything.
Running the game on a Geforce 4 MX-440SE 64MB will do enough to please you, with high resolution as well.

The sound is pretty nice, although you don't hear birds and all, you don't hear much of what you hear when you walk outside in real life. But the guns and grenades are all you need for sound, unless you carry a Thompson which has a great wobble sound when you are running with it in your hands.

Overall, I would give it a 7.4, and if it had as much missions as Delta Force, I would have changing the way I feel about the game, if it came with it's own mission editor then of course it will be a good game, if you know how to use the mission editor. But, I have no idea in Multiplayer how some servers in the game have custom maps you've never seen before. Well, I would say that if you wanna buy the game now you should really check out Multiplayer first, as you are playing against some rough challengers! Off I go!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black