Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-17-2024, 01:30 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

To be honest, I'm not sure that it works like this. From what I've understood, AI isn't simply taking other images and pasting them into a grabastic glob of whatever you prompted it with. But it does use images from others to learn. If you tell it you want a picture of a monkey riding a horse, It's going to use other peoples images to figure out what a horse looks like, what does a money look like, what does it look like for something to ride a horse?

It isn't much different than someone such as yourself researching what a Scrome J8-F1 reticle looks like on google images so that you know the correct way to draw one. Or looking at different camo patterns to get an idea of a custom camo scheme.

I think AI upscaling does the same thing. It looks at what the image is. It's tree leaves. Ok if we want to upscale tree leaves, lets see what tree leaves look like.

IDK, it's kind of a gray area.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:13 AM
satrebor is offline satrebor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
To be honest, I'm not sure that it works like this. From what I've understood, AI isn't simply taking other images and pasting them into a grabastic glob of whatever you prompted it with. But it does use images from others to learn. If you tell it you want a picture of a monkey riding a horse, It's going to use other peoples images to figure out what a horse looks like, what does a money look like, what does it look like for something to ride a horse?

It isn't much different than someone such as yourself researching what a Scrome J8-F1 reticle looks like on google images so that you know the correct way to draw one. Or looking at different camo patterns to get an idea of a custom camo scheme.

I think AI upscaling does the same thing. It looks at what the image is. It's tree leaves. Ok if we want to upscale tree leaves, lets see what tree leaves look like.

IDK, it's kind of a gray area.
Exacly, because when I upscaled tree texture, AI made same structure of UV map that does not exist on the internet. It created image 90% similar to original one, even branches and leaves are at same place as original. So maybe its really more creative than we think. Its yes, maybe its checking sample on the wide internet, but creating some UV maps are crazy good.
Attached Images
File Type: png box_sample.png (771.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-19-2024, 01:54 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

upscaling has been around since the 90s. mostly on dvd upconvert formats and music discs going to HD.

now AI does the same thing but uses the internet for reference. upscaling dvd players also get their formatting and firmware updates the same way.

AI is just going to make it easier.

not trying to paint a utopia for AI, just giving my opinion as a realist.

AI is here to stay.