Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

Angry holes in the ozone layer

ya im kindof tired at these dummies on tv wanting every1 to belive that the ozone layer is getting thin or going away and will be gone in a few short years if we dont stop driving cars that make pollution or burning fossol fuels. in truth the ozone is just fine and is not in any danger of becoming depleated.ya hear them screaching a bout the holes in the ozone at the poles are caused by pollutants we have created.that is bull crap. the ozone layer is all the time being replenished. the ozone layer is created when the sun light hits the oxygen in the atmosphere it creats a chemical reaction that prouduces a protective layer called ozone. and the reason that holes form at the poles is because that it is dark most of the time cause of the angle of the earth. no light means no ozone generation witch makes a thining or hole in the ozone layer.and they try to say that the dangerous gasses of burning coal or of engines are building up causeing the bad ozone called ground ozone witch causes a buildup of greenhouse gasses causing globalwarming or some crap like that.think of this when on a dry day they say something like code yellow or code red ozone alert and on a rainy day they usually say code green.ahh why is that? in reality when it rains the falling water collects the debris or other particles in the air thus cleaning it causing the ground ozone level to drop. and in the state where i live the stupid city officals have put the ozone detectors at the grayhound bus station no wonder it keeps saying bad ozone is up.and they keep holering bout our automobiles are causing all the pollution when they fly in their personal jets and big shinny suv and have their big yahts with twin deisel engines and they lectur every1 when the dont carpool. all it is is the epa showing their butts.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

south of antartica the ozone layer is thinning, but es scientists reckon it willbe back to what is was by 2050. The amount of Co2 and other grrenhouse gasses in the atmosohere is something to be concered about, but ice core spamples taken show thatthe levels naturally vary anyway, but im sure that humans have had an impact, if you look a Co2 levels post indiustrial revolution its hard todeny humans have had an impact.

Anyway i blame the cows, cows are the biggest producers of methane gas (a greenhouse gas) by way of farting.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

lol. lets go on a mass hunting spree and kill em ALL!!!! MWAA HA HA HA!!!

sorry. get a bit carried away by these things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 01-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Confused

you got to be joking
Cow Vs cars (all type of automobile's)

the cows lose in the end. i really can't see there be more cows in the world? i really think there is more automobile's then cows.

my way of thinking it:
ships/ boats/ trucks/ cars/ planes / arm forces jeep/tank/trucks...ect how can one say it all the cows to be blame for damages to the ozone layer? i really think who ever have said has tobe a nut case to thinks all the cows that are doing it. all types of automobile's out weigh the cows. by a long shot cows are on the short end of the stick!! bit me who ever came up with this needed to get more founds for his pocket. i really think it crap totally. all type motor vehicle that is being use in this world today are really out doing the cows. it totally crap to think the cows can do it all by them selfs.

gee has anyone see how much a whale can produce methane gas.

produce: mining coal, oil, burning is damaging the ozone lay more then any thing we can think of. heck swamp gas around the world make up a lot more of methane gases.

really think the amount of gases that the over all cows make is a small amount if you really think about it.

think the Cows only make up maybe 1/10th% over all of the gases in the world.

but some good news' they made a pill that will cut down the cows methane gases produce I'll bit each pill will cost USD-60.00 reason there be a big demands on them and there are a small amount of them to go around.

its a gimmick thats all it is.
Human race is the biggest producers of methane gases we are doing it in so many ways it is not funny. mining/ burning fuel to make us all happy.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-04-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:38 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

ILL EAT BEANS AND HAVE THE 'OL' OZONE UP AND RUNNING IN NO TIME AND WHAT I HAVE LEFT OVER ILL TAKE CARE OF THOSE COWS TOO.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:12 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek

I think some times people invent things to worry about lol, still it leeps the scientists and politicians out of mischief!!!!

Global Warming Regards to all lol lol
Old 01-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

yeah the trouble is the pollies invent something to be concerned about, then never fix it and it becomes a political issue for the next decade. If your going to invent a problem, youd think theyd invent something they could fix to get the votes.

btw i meant south of australia, im not sure if there really is a south of antartica.

Like here certain factions of parliament want the government to sign of on the kyoto protocol, thinking it would save australias drought problems, this isnt exactly what i think, but its getting close, its a transcript from a politicial satire program, some of its a bit rough, itsthelast paragraph thats the best. I have posted it here as to not misrepresent the work of the authors.

BB: (not me - the show was called backberner)
Widespread droughts have once more raised the issue of climate control, but despite international criticism, the Australian government refuses to budge on the Kyoto Protocol. To examine their stance is our correspondent for government reconciliation, Dexter Pinion.

DEXTER:
Yes, thank you Peter, I suppose. I've had it up to here with people using the drought as an excuse to talk about Kyoto. Most Australians remember Kyoto as that bitch who broke up the Beatles, I for one will never forgive her, but Kyoto has a more sinister meaning. It's a morbidly mawkish manifesto upon which the signature of our fair Government is demanded by half-witted harpies like David Suzuki; which in turn will so¬¬¬ow "end the drought". Well Mr Suzuki, you may know something about teaching six year olds to play "Ba Ba Black Sheep" badly on the violin but you sir know nothing about producing rain. Signing a document is not going to make it rain, unless of course the document is produced by Mr L. Ucifer and you sign it in blood.

Mr Suzuki even had the nerve to suggest that the Government was "out of step" with the Australian people on this issue. Well let me assure you Mr Suzuki, that every thinking Australian would rather march to the beat of the glorious John Howard drum than the bleating beat of some bok choy-chompin' chump with an "oooh love the planet" excuse for a personal philosophy. And they would certainly rather see this country become as dry as a Noel Coward play before we stoop to signing a namby pamby international hippie charter like Kee - oto.

What most environmentalists don't want you to know is that the reason this country is in drought is because certain portions of it are hogging all the water; namely rain forests. That's right tree huggers, I've discovered your wet little secret. And as soon as I am elected to the ABC board, I will personally ensure that these selfish rainforests are broken up and distributed one wet tree at a time to needy farmers. Dexter Pinion, signing off from the wettest place in the known universe, the AB friggin' C.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
way things are going AUS will have all the water they like to have, maybe too much sea level raise up too high it be flooding low lands areas there and around the world. up to maybe 72'ft 2008 to 12.000'ft 2012 above ground level.

wight of the oceans there be more then the earth can handle and more earth quacks and after shock felt around the planet in all areas. basic the face of the earth be redone.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-06-2005, 06:16 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
you got to be joking
Cow Vs cars (all type of automobile's)

the cows lose in the end. i really can't see there be more cows in the world? i really think there is more automobile's then cows.

my way of thinking it:
ships/ boats/ trucks/ cars/ planes / arm forces jeep/tank/trucks...ect how can one say it all the cows to be blame for damages to the ozone layer? i really think who ever have said has tobe a nut case to thinks all the cows that are doing it. all types of automobile's out weigh the cows. by a long shot cows are on the short end of the stick!! bit me who ever came up with this needed to get more founds for his pocket. i really think it crap totally. all type motor vehicle that is being use in this world today are really out doing the cows. it totally crap to think the cows can do it all by them selfs.

gee has anyone see how much a whale can produce methane gas.

produce: mining coal, oil, burning is damaging the ozone lay more then any thing we can think of. heck swamp gas around the world make up a lot more of methane gases.

really think the amount of gases that the over all cows make is a small amount if you really think about it.

think the Cows only make up maybe 1/10th% over all of the gases in the world.

but some good news' they made a pill that will cut down the cows methane gases produce I'll bit each pill will cost USD-60.00 reason there be a big demands on them and there are a small amount of them to go around.

its a gimmick thats all it is.
Human race is the biggest producers of methane gases we are doing it in so many ways it is not funny. mining/ burning fuel to make us all happy.
If you put a car (notmal car, not a V8-12 monster) beside a cow, the cow will palote more if it constantly farts.

The problem isnt cars/trucks/tanks its industries and powerplants burning fosal fuel such as coal and oil!

My photography website

Old 01-06-2005, 06:20 AM
-1PARA-

Re: holes in the ozone layer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
ya im kindof tired at these dummies on tv wanting every1 to belive that the ozone layer is getting thin or going away and will be gone in a few short years if we dont stop driving cars that make pollution or burning fossol fuels. in truth the ozone is just fine and is not in any danger of becoming depleated.ya hear them screaching a bout the holes in the ozone at the poles are caused by pollutants we have created.that is bull crap. the ozone layer is all the time being replenished. the ozone layer is created when the sun light hits the oxygen in the atmosphere it creats a chemical reaction that prouduces a protective layer called ozone. and the reason that holes form at the poles is because that it is dark most of the time cause of the angle of the earth. no light means no ozone generation witch makes a thining or hole in the ozone layer.and they try to say that the dangerous gasses of burning coal or of engines are building up causeing the bad ozone called ground ozone witch causes a buildup of greenhouse gasses causing globalwarming or some crap like that.think of this when on a dry day they say something like code yellow or code red ozone alert and on a rainy day they usually say code green.ahh why is that? in reality when it rains the falling water collects the debris or other particles in the air thus cleaning it causing the ground ozone level to drop. and in the state where i live the stupid city officals have put the ozone detectors at the grayhound bus station no wonder it keeps saying bad ozone is up.and they keep holering bout our automobiles are causing all the pollution when they fly in their personal jets and big shinny suv and have their big yahts with twin deisel engines and they lectur every1 when the dont carpool. all it is is the epa showing their butts.
Problem is that the Ozon gases arn't rebuild up in the atmosphere, its rebuild down on the ground (called smog) which is directly dangerous for humans and animales.

"and the reason that holes form at the poles is because that it is dark most of the time cause of the angle of the earth. no light means no ozone generation witch makes a thining or hole in the ozone layer."

To a point, it is darker there (around the polar circle) but what you left out is that its also Sunny for months in end without the sun ever going down. This is the deal in nothern parts of Sweden, above the polarcircle. Its dark 24/7 for around 3-4 months, but its also sunny 24/7 for 3-4 months. Which makes the sun hours equal to that of the south parts of Sweden, and middle parts of the earth (im not talking about the mid point through the eart).

"and they try to say that the dangerous gasses of burning coal or of engines are building up causeing the bad ozone called ground ozone witch causes a buildup of greenhouse gasses causing globalwarming or some crap like that"

Which is true, its smog.

"think of this when on a dry day they say something like code yellow or code red ozone alert and on a rainy day they usually say code green.ahh why is that? in reality when it rains the falling water collects the debris or other particles in the air thus cleaning it causing the ground ozone level to drop"

Yes and your point is?
Secondly, is this good?
Answer: No its not good as these particels wont disapear as magic. These evil particles are stored in the ground and come in contact with the ground level water (what we drink) (dont know if its called that in english, its a translation of the Swedish "words" for that type of ground level water.)

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 01-06-2005 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:08 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

This is a very interesting post but what can we do about it even if it is true? Are we willing to radically change our way of life, give up cars, computers, air travel in an attempt to reverse the damage?

I wonder how many people would be willing to alter their way of life to prevent some thing happening about which there is such strong scientific disagreement?

Warm Regards
Old 01-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

yes swift a type of ozone is built up at ground level. a type is also built up during a thunder storme when there is lightining present there is a bout 4 or 5 diffrent types of ozone and yes UV light from the sun hitting the oxygen atoms in the upper atmospher does rebuild the ozone layer. uv light shining on the o2 molicules at a wavelength of bout 240nm splits the o2 into 2 seperate atoms witch join another o2 molicule making a 03 molicule called ozone. you can reserch it 4 your self. and the electrical arcing of lighting makes a diffrent type of ozone thats the reason after a heavy thunder storm you have a sweet like electric stench lingering and cars make up a whole diffrent type of ozone nothing like that witch is in the stratosphere. and thanks for reminding me yes it is dark most of the time at the poles and then it is sunny for periods to and it does rebuild the ozone layer there to a extent b4 it gets dark again. and the big reason that there is a bigger consintration of gasses at the south pole is there is a rather large volcano down there. 13,000ft volcano called Mt. Erebus.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 01-07-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
-1PARA-

"yes swift a type of ozone is built up at ground level. a type is also built up during a thunder storme when there is lightining present there is a bout 4 or 5 diffrent types of ozone and yes UV light from the sun hitting the oxygen atoms in the upper atmospher does rebuild the ozone layer. uv light shining on the o2 molicules at a wavelength of bout 240nm splits the o2 into 2 seperate atoms witch join another o2 molicule making a 03 molicule called ozone. you can reserch it 4 your self. and the electrical arcing of lighting makes a diffrent type of ozone thats the reason after a heavy thunder storm you have a sweet like electric stench lingering and cars make up a whole diffrent type of ozone nothing like that witch is in the stratosphere"

Im guessing you refered to this:

"Problem is that the Ozon gases arn't rebuild up in the atmosphere, its rebuild down on the ground (called smog) which is directly dangerous for humans and animales."

I wrote that before I had read everything of your post, hence why it doesnt have a quote (besides the big one that was put there afterwords). Sorry about that little misstake .

"and the big reason that there is a bigger consintration of gasses at the south pole is there is a rather large volcano down there. 13,000ft volcano called Mt. Erebus."

Yes this might be a cause for the high consentration, but the South Pole isnt the only place where the Ozon is fading.

Theres also a volcano on the North Pole that erupted in 1985, still not the only place where the Ozon Layer has started to fade, it is although where the most severe thining of the Ozon Layer has accured. What you seem to be saying is that our waste, such as burning fosile fuel has not impact on it, what we should blame is the Sun an volcanoes. Our waste do impact the Ozon layer, if we reduce it to a minimum the overall deteration of the Ozon layer will be decresed. It wont be stoped, but as you say, the Ozon layer is rebuilt, if we decrease the gases that does damage the Ozon layer we might decrease it enough to make an impact so that the rebuild of the Ozon layer can catch up to the detaration of it.

My photography website

Old 01-07-2005, 03:57 PM
-1PARA-

Oh right i forgot to mention that the vulcanoes had had frequent eruptions the last 200 years, the global warming has not been present that long.

My photography website

Old 01-07-2005, 04:04 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
This is a very interesting post but what can we do about it even if it is true? Are we willing to radically change our way of life, give up cars, computers, air travel in an attempt to reverse the damage?

I wonder how many people would be willing to alter their way of life to prevent some thing happening about which there is such strong scientific disagreement?

Warm Regards
Well i dont think the cars is the worst thing we need to deal with, it is to decrease the use of fosile fules to heat up buildings and to generate electricity.

My photography website