Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:37 PM
flamerboy67664 is offline flamerboy67664

[AW2] Change AIP

I want to make something like: little bird reached waypoint = change AI or AIP file. Is there an Event or a wac script that can do that?
Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerboy67664 View Post
I want to make something like: little bird reached waypoint = change AI or AIP file. Is there an Event or a wac script that can do that?
Interesting I'm Looking into it but a few questions first if you don't mind...

Why not have it set to the AI text file you want first off?

Is there meant to be any players aboard?

As an alternate suggestion whilst I'm checking this over for you...

You could vaporize the bird at a precise location (wp) or by triggers like 3D Area, meride or ssnonssn then teleport a substitute.

The AI will immediately takeover if you include the new bird in a redirect to ssn or group at the same time.

To have it running on appearance, put it a good distance away then assign a temporary pilot - give it 20 seconds to start up then freeze the helo and the AI pilot with (Autonomous = 1)

Then when you need it, vaporize the temporary pilot and set the bird to (Autonomous = 0) when the bird teleports.

PS

You can see it's the fine details needed to make your map more exciting and interactive that make up those ever growing event lists and wac scripts you are probably involved in now, going by the sound of your question.

Last edited by Guest001; 05-18-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Original AIP files are encrypted so maybe the only the AW2 ppl are the only one's who can help you but here's the data from a MIS I just made that reflects the difference between the same helo type and one with a modified AI file.

Mini Guns
type_id 1306
name "Flyable LITTLE BIRD with miniguns"
iai_name "DAH62"
ai_textfile "d_mh6"

Mini Guns - Strafing
type_id 1306
name "Flyable LITTLE BIRD with miniguns"
iai_name "DAH62"
ai_textfile "h_ah6z"

So I guess you could try things like -

ssnai_textfile(1, h_ah6z.aip)

ssnai(1, h_ah6z)

etc...

EDIT

I just had a thought that maybe you could use Blind or Change Team etc... because I can't think of the exact solution off hand for you and I'm about due to ask some questions on the forum myself.

Last edited by Guest001; 05-18-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:16 AM

It was a helicopter formation, where the player rides to get to the Objective (I'm updating my Desert Haze mission) In the posted one here, some little birds are set to plain AI. I have put targets for the player to shoot at. I want the rocket LBs to not attack them. When we reach the objective I want them to change from plain AI to Little Bird rocket AI so they will attack enemies.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
It was a helicopter formation, where the player rides to get to the Objective (I'm updating my Desert Haze mission) In the posted one here, some little birds are set to plain AI. I have put targets for the player to shoot at. I want the rocket LBs to not attack them. When we reach the objective I want them to change from plain AI to Little Bird rocket AI so they will attack enemies.
I'm sorry but I have't got the time to set up a scenario to test this but I think I know what you mean so first off, you could try this...

Start them as the helo you want then set the helo and pilots to - Team Green (Neutral).

When you want them to attack - your men are Blue Team (Good) - change their team to - Red (Bad).

If this fails and they react by shooting at you when firing at targets - set them (and pilots) to fly Blind

If this isn't it let me know.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:31 PM

No. I mean a player rides in a heli formation with friendly Blackhawks, Little Birds benches and rockets and guns. I put enemies for the player to shoot at while going to the objective. I want the armed Little bird to attack enemies [B]at the objective[B] while they will not attack the enemies [B]enroute[B] to the objective.

Again, the said little birds are friendly ones.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
No. I mean a player rides in a heli formation with friendly Blackhawks, Little Birds benches and rockets and guns. I put enemies for the player to shoot at while going to the objective. I want the armed Little bird to attack enemies [B]at the objective[B] while they will not attack the enemies [B]enroute[B] to the objective.

Again, the said little birds are friendly ones.
EDITED: I see but you can still do it like I said, in this case change teams and make the birds blind etc.

You can do it with a little experimentation.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
EDITED: I see but you can still do it like I said, in this case change teams and make the birds blind etc.

You can do it with a little experimentation.
Perhaps a little more explanation.

"Blind" will let the AI follow waypoints etc AOK but the AI will not be able to detect enemies until you set "Not Blind".