Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-02-2002, 04:31 PM
bloodshot is offline bloodshot

Send a message via ICQ to bloodshot Send a message via Yahoo to bloodshot
prone jump

ive been postin this same question at diff sites cuz i want people's opinions, Is the prone jump considered illegal or some type of glitch in matches and in tourneys??

request your sigs here! www.art-battle.cjb.net

Old 04-02-2002, 04:36 PM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

how u mean....

like to get on top of stuff or to use when shooting?
i read something about mags using a prone/jump something to shoot easier. i could be wrong though...
Old 04-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I use it with a medic and mag cause when you jump pronin you dont have any reciol. Alot easier to hit your targets.. and get outa alot of deaths

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 04-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Shrive is offline Shrive

Send a message via ICQ to Shrive
my idea on this is simple, jump prone is a skill, it is something that you have to work on to get it just right..you have to know when to use it and when not too, SOM doenst let there members play with j-p cuase they consider it a glitch, but if your in a match and someone says hes jump pronbing, they going to SS it and send it to nova, i dont think so, or any t0ourny site, there is no rule in the regulations that says there is no j-ping aloud, so dont worrie bout it, learn it and use it to make ya better...that is how i feel
Shrive out.,..
Old 04-03-2002, 07:27 PM
BLADE =GH= is offline BLADE =GH=

Send a message via ICQ to BLADE =GH=
Prone Jumping is NOT a glitch as everyone can do it. A glitch is a fault in a map or imperfection that can be used by someone to there advantage, like hiding in rocks. Black Dots is a glitch which everyone can see and shooting through buildings is another but both of these are aloud in tournies, but not looked on very nicely.
Old 04-06-2002, 10:39 AM
Skinbag is offline Skinbag

Send a message via ICQ to Skinbag Send a message via AIM to Skinbag Send a message via Yahoo to Skinbag
when i am shooting i ALWAYS jump. cause i am 56k and like in a way telports me :P. but when people Mag vs mag always norm go side to side so u shoot in the middle so jumping is different and most of the time they dont kill me :P

yer same as panther when u jump less recoil and the cross hair shrinks and see where ur aiming better when ya jump.

But some probs as i got a crap keyboard so i mean to Jump side ways but prone jump which means 1 postion = death

Not even Luke Skywalker can beat me !!
Old 04-24-2002, 08:14 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

jumping is a $k1ll. i pretty much sidestep 'jump' in all fps games, it minimizes the crosshair at the same time u move. effective? yes

Old 04-25-2002, 06:09 AM
Vixen is offline Vixen

I am always getting my ass kicked by prone jumpers..lol....but i consider it a skill and now am learning to do it myself...not very good at it at the moment, as i can prone jump but can't fire a weapon at the same time...lol.....but it has got me out of being killed a few times, especially when a sniper is shooting at you.....
It has become part of the game now and more and more ppl are using it...so if you can't beat them...join them.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:50 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
prone jumping isnt cheating or whatever, anyone can do it without any external progs or anything, its just making ht ebest use of what is available in the game engine.

but nova if supposed to have made a realistic soldier sim they fell well short. - running and jumping with a heavy mg / support gun!! lmao, leave that to the quake boyz.

it's a game style thats adopted by nearly everyone who doesnt snipe. if the mm1 wasnt banned on most servers, there would be less snipers and less prone jumpers but probably more naders. its a vicious circle, its impossible to satisfy everyone.

i notice ppl who like the mag dont like games such as ghost recon and flash point. why? cause they like the unrealisitc parts. if zombie make dftfd or df5 more realistic the mag users will be unhappy for sure.

but what do i care? im a sniper
Old 04-25-2002, 07:13 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Prone jump, I use it just because I learned it but sometimes I just do it when running and don't even notice im doing it LoL. I don't like Ghost Recon cause it's to slow paced and you don't have any freedom to move. I have MoH, it's good but not my style of fps game. RTCW is a bit better but it's somtimes to unrealistic. Now if you want a game that rocks try SoF2! Freedom to move, but not not like df with p/j. It's fast paced meaning there no 5 minute wait just to find somene (I HATE THAT!). And it has my vote, I thought RTCW was good untill I tried this Can't stop playing it lol.

Old 04-25-2002, 07:19 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i heard it r0x, some *PR* are playing the multi demo. may have to purchase it when it comes out i love the first sof. maybe we should make a website for it
Old 04-26-2002, 12:46 PM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
i heard it r0x, some *PR* are playing the multi demo. may have to purchase it when it comes out i love the first sof. maybe we should make a website for it
bah, il stick to the quake series

Old 04-26-2002, 04:07 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I played that SF2 Multi demo. Its quite good. Might give it a go when the time comes.
As for Prone - Jumping. I havent a clue how to do it properly, I just know it kicks arse.
I am with StevieB on the glitch issue.
I am pig sick of forums filled with people moaning that people play the game unrealisticaly.
The rules of the game are bound by the game in itself. You have to kill people, targets or time in the zone as much as you can using your skill and judgment.
No where in the game developers meeting do I imagine people said, "well now, what if people run around with a sniper rifle and jump up and down a lot?
What if people run behind other bases start points and shoot them in the back?
What if people use their AT4 sights to line up their MAGS?

Its nonsense. If a person is cheating with third party trainers then they are cheating with third party trainers.
If they are not then they are not.
You can't honestly accuse someone of cheating simply because you do not like their method of play.

1)Because its only your opinion and more often than not, you suck.
2)Because its utterly futile to moan about something that is nothing more than a feature of the same game in which you are playing.

<center>**</center>

I find that people who cheat are no where near as bad as people who assume you are cheating because you are beating them.
The only way to prevent this nonsense is to get out of the culture of looking for an excuse to be crap generally or simply having an off day.
Just because you suck doesnt mean I cheat and vice versa quite often.
I do well in most of my favourite servers but I hate playing Panther, Ghandi*PR*, JOHN RAMBO to name but a few. All players who are infinitley superior to me. The difference is skill and technique. I would never assume they are cheating but feel like saying something when I am being continually frustrated by their play.......

Old 04-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Agreed with ZZ 100%, now next time I beat up on someone look at this post, just cause im kickin your A$$ does not mean I am cheating. I know somtimes people want to say somthing but most of the smart ones don't cause if/when they get good they are going to get the same **** and banned from servers constantly cause they are good. Yes I get banned from alot of servers and hate it! I'm sure Ghandi*PR* knows the feeling of just being good but players always thinkin he cheats cause he is good. It pissses me off when im in a serve havin fun then the accusions come but there is nothing that they can think of as me cheating. Usually its just "YOU CHEAT!". But once one newbie starts then the whole server is after you cause they are tired of you to. If you don't know what i'm talking about then just wait till you get good.

Old 04-27-2002, 11:57 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

those are some good comments, and very true.

Old 04-28-2002, 03:07 AM
BLADE =GH= is offline BLADE =GH=

Send a message via ICQ to BLADE =GH=
Hey ZZ i just played the full version of SF2 it rocks m8, love the effects but i bet it will be banned real soon!!!