Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 AM
animosity is offline animosity

Hello, I am looking for a bit of help :)

Hello novahq,I've visited here before but this is my first post. I was told by a friend that you guys could possibly help me out with my highly irritating problem lol. As follows :
I play Delta Force Blackhawk Down and am having trouble with loading servers. It seems fine with single player loading but not when I'm online. I have a dsl connection and I am running on Windows XP with an AMD Sempron Processor 3200+, with 224 mb of Ram, 1.70 ghz Compag Presario.I'm not exactly sure what the graphics card is. I tried to find it but it says "manufaturer installed components".

I have scanned for viruses and spware/ad with no results, I've shut off all programs including firewall and AV but that also didnt help. It is a fairly new computer, just purchased this past Jan. thats why I'm expecting better performance lol. But I know that a new computer doesnt mean its a fast one.If anyone can help me at all I would greatly appretiate it, and would save a lot of time yelling at my computer Thank You.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
well obviously its not your computer if you can play single computer with no problem, what do you mean you have a problem loadingi in, it could mean the difference between very slow dsl or you may just have firewall, I know a friend of mine had to unlock the ports to play most nova games, this might be your problem

Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
welcome to the forums!

just wondering why you mention 2 computers? are both having problems?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:12 AM
~Sgt.Squirmitz~ is offline ~Sgt.Squirmitz~

hullo, turk. welcome to Nova-Hq.

~Semper Stupidus~

Old 07-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: Hello, I am looking for a bit of help :)

Quote:
Originally posted by animosity
Hello novahq,I've visited here before but this is my first post. I was told by a friend that you guys could possibly help me out with my highly irritating problem lol. As follows :

1.) I play Delta Force Blackhawk Down and am having trouble with loading servers.

It seems fine with single player loading but not when I'm online. I have a dsl connection and I am running on Windows XP with an AMD Sempron Processor 3200+, with 224 mb of Ram, 1.70 ghz Compag Presario.

I'm not exactly sure what the graphics card is. I tried to find it but it says "manufaturer installed components".

I have scanned for viruses and spware/ad with no results, I've shut off all programs including firewall and AV but that also didnt help.

2.) It is a fairly new computer, just purchased this past Jan. thats why I'm expecting better performance lol.

But I know that a new computer doesnt mean its a fast one.If anyone can help me at all I would greatly appretiate it, and would save a lot of time yelling at my computer Thank You.
2.) ok your computer is new have you updated it?

other reseaon could be you did not say you have a firewall? you using windows firewall? if so get another firewall it meant to be use temp only, windows firewall do not get updated it only so when you instill update and help some what.

free no adware or spyware to use really good with games: link> "Zonelab" http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/upd...03AEN1023.html

work with all type of connection type

never use "stealth mod or anti-port scan" best have it set to med setting. nova servers or hosted game servers will be blocked if these option are enable game will not load up at all when connecting to other internet games servers.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-29-2006, 07:53 PM
animosity is offline animosity

Ok,I will put this into effect and see what I can do. For Rampage, the loading problem is the actual status bar at the bottom of the map screen where it tells the rules and such, the orange bar. It'll just set there for 5 minutes and never move, but I dont think it's the dsl because it is pretty fast for any other thing I want to do.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok let us know if you still get into trouble joining NW-host servers
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-30-2006, 01:01 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
You may try clearing your game cache which is inside your game folder.Dont delete the cache itself but delete the contents within cause it can cause the loading screen to go slow even with comcast.

As for the Video Card if you havent yet go to Start>Run>type dxdiag and hit ok>Go to videoor display and it should tell you the card your using.

As for the timer stopping i have no clue why it would do that.You might need to reinstall the game due to some files may of been accidently deleted or corrupted.

Routers can cause problems hosting i do know.If the router is connected to both computers it shouldnt need reconfiguring cause there both connected.Mine never did.Be sure you forward port 17479 as UDP.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Scattergun is offline Scattergun

Uninstal the game and Delete the BHD folder in Program Files

Then Install it again and update BHD and all should be fine

[Comp-1][Intel C2 2.6Ghz @ 2.9Ghz 10% Overclock][2 Gig DDR2 800][x1900 XTX 512mbCrossfire Edition][20 in LCD 8ms]