Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

New Alabam law in motion.

We have a new bill that is already on its way to the govener to be signed.
it states that if any1 tries to break into your house or property then ya can shoot them.
the Govener has already said that he is going to sign it into effect.

so if all goes well people can leagly protect their property and themselves without being thrown in jail.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:56 PM
milk is offline milk

Send a message via AIM to milk
sweet! michigan needs that

you only get out by not going in
http://judgemikdredd.deviantart.com/
Old 03-29-2006, 05:02 PM

here is the write up .

The Alabama House on Tuesday approved a bill that would give Alabamians immunity from prosecution if they kill people who frighten them in their homes, cars or other dwellings.

The House overcame opposition from black lawmakers and voted 82-9 to approve the bill, which expands and strengthens Alabama's deadly force law. The Senate-passed legislation now goes to Gov. Bob Riley.

Riley has said he supports the changes, which are backed by the National Rifle Association, but there was no word when he might sign the legislation.

"I'd like to thank the House for staying with me," said Rep. Albert Hall, D-Gurley, who sponsored the House version of the bill.

"It says 'defend' is what it says," said the bill's Senate sponsor, Larry Means, D-Attalla, referring to critics who called it "shoot to kill" legislation.

A group of black lawmakers spent Tuesday working to delay the bill, but they couldn't muster the votes to stop debate.

Rep. John Rogers, D-Birmingham, led the efforts to stop changes to Alabama's deadly force law.

"I cannot understand why we're not up here in droves fighting this bill, and I wonder how you're gonna feel when that first death is recorded," he said.

If signed by Riley, changes in the law would take effect June 1.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

here in florida it's pretty easy to get away with murdering someone ... self defence wise
Old 03-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Scattergun is offline Scattergun

lmao that is neat and Michigan does have that "SELF DEFENSE" it is funny How DA Uppers here in michigan will shoot at nething or anyone. i have a Sign that says Do not tresspass or you will be shot at lol for my camp entrance.!

[Comp-1][Intel C2 2.6Ghz @ 2.9Ghz 10% Overclock][2 Gig DDR2 800][x1900 XTX 512mbCrossfire Edition][20 in LCD 8ms]

Old 03-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
god help any fire fight breaking into a house and the party are in bed fast asleep get wake up, one of them pull a gun shot first ask later who was that?

all it takes is 6-9sec to get the gun and shot it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-29-2006, 10:53 PM

that could happen wether there is a law making it leagle to shoot some1 who frightens ya or not.

i look at it like, at the moment if some1 is breaking into your house and you shoot them even if they have a knife or gun, you can still be brought up on charges and be sent to jail.
that is what this new law is here to protect, it is to protect the law abiding person who is just trying to defend themselves and their family aganst harm or death from a dumbass who want to take what they have..

but as with any law there is a chance of some sombich that will abuse it.

but the way it will be brought up is that you will still have to have evidence that you was in danger at the moment.
it doesnt warrent that you can just shoot people without cause.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Id like to read this bill, anyone know the actual bill name?
Old 03-30-2006, 11:10 AM
milk is offline milk

michigna stil needs that bill

Old 03-30-2006, 11:33 AM

Alabam Deadly Force Bill, i think, i did a google for it when i found it.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:03 PM
milk is offline milk

cool

Old 04-02-2006, 12:39 PM
GÂ~ûrÐêâd ~DW~ is offline GÂ~ûrÐêâd ~DW~

Texas has had that law for some time now. Not only can you protect your home but your ride as well. Remember the old days when a person would be hung for stealing a horse..
Old 04-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Here in Canada you just have to make sure the person is within your home when you shoot them. As my grandfather says -- if he gets out, you aughta drag him back in lol.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Alucard-NGS- is offline Alucard-NGS-

lol... here in Arizona if we had that law the mexican populations would be cut in half in one day.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:20 PM
milk is offline milk

LMFAO!

Old 04-02-2006, 09:59 PM

ŁǾŁ
Old 04-04-2006, 07:06 PM

i heard that the govenor signed it and it is a law now.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:19 PM

Governor signs law expanding deadly force to protect home
PHILLIP RAWLS
Associated Press

MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Gov. Bob Riley signed legislation Tuesday that puts Alabama among a growing number of states giving new legal protection to people who kill intruders in their homes, businesses and vehicles.

"With this new law, the decision of crime victims who choose to protect themselves and their families won't be second-guessed," Riley said at a bill-signing ceremony.

The legislation's sponsor, Sen. Larry Means, D-Attalla, is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association. He said he patterned the legislation after a law the NRA got Florida to enact in 2005.

Indiana, South Dakota, and Mississippi recently enacted similar laws. The Georgia Legislature has passed a law that is awaiting the governor's signature, according to the NRA.

Alabama's new law, which takes effect June 1, will delete language from state law that says a person should not use deadly force during a break-in if he or she can "avoid using force with complete safety."

The legislation applies to homes, businesses, occupied vehicles and nuclear power plants. It allows a person to use deadly force "to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by the other person."

"When you feel your life or your family is in danger from an intruder, you should be able to practice self-defense and not worry if a judge or court is going to penalize you," Riley said.

The legislation passed the Senate 30-2 in February and the House 82-9 last week. Opposition came from some black legislators and leaders of grass roots organizations who predicted it will increase vigilante justice.

"Anyone who thinks Alabama will be safer by this legislation will soon find homicides will escalate and that gunfire will be more indiscriminately used by people who have no training in firearm safety because Alabama has no minimal standards for anyone possessing a firearm," said Ronald Jackson, executive director of People United in Birmingham.

Jackson, who plans a legal challenge of the law, said it is bad for Alabama's image.

"This sends the wrong message across the country that crime is out of control and that law enforcement can't protect the people of Alabama," he said Tuesday.

Chris W. Cox, the NRA's chief lobbyist, said the Alabama law was long overdue.

"The pendulum has been swinging in the direction of protecting criminals for too long. Now it's swinging back toward the victims," he said.

Cox said the number of states with such laws could grow in the coming weeks because bills are pending before a dozen state legislatures that are still in session.

i have something to say about this Ronald Jackson, WHAAAA ya wussie, he think it is bad for alabama image, i like for him to tell that too all the innocent people who are in jail for protecting their families from the crackhead with knife, and tell it to the people who because of fear of prossacution from the dummass lawers didnt protect themselves and are now dead.