Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Wink Nice Promotions

Nice Promotions

I reckon that any member that has more than 400 posts should have an avatar that is 120 x 120 or 150 x 150 pixels.
This grabs more attention. This is because people like new things.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --Not crazy though really
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-16-2005, 08:48 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
but most of us already have avatars that are those dimensions...

Old 12-16-2005, 03:26 PM

Getting It

Getting It

Yes, but I thought it said only 75 x 75 pixels. It must be 75 x 75 Pixels or less.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --To Sharp
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-16-2005, 04:50 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
it is. Nut NovaHQ has a reward system, if you are around long time and have brought in a very good input and stuff you might be nominated for beeing a NHQ High Roller, at the moment those that are in the brotherhood ( sry BD im stealing your line ) are the ones that have been around for a long time, and have brought positive and good suggestions, comments etc.

What you are suggesting, will make people spam. just to get the biggest ava. So imho that is not going to work. Especially since the admins are the only ones that have the power to delete, edit messages.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-16-2005, 05:40 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
it is. Nut NovaHQ has a reward system, if you are around long time and have brought in a very good input and stuff you might be nominated for beeing a NHQ High Roller, at the moment those that are in the brotherhood ( sry BD im stealing your line ) are the ones that have been around for a long time, and have brought positive and good suggestions, comments etc.

What you are suggesting, will make people spam. just to get the biggest ava. So imho that is not going to work. Especially since the admins are the only ones that have the power to delete, edit messages.
I believe that sums it up nicely. I think that it would be nice, but the spam would come in just to get the rewards. However there is a possibilty that this wouldn't happen. Maybe we could try it for like a week or two?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:49 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
they should make it over 1,000 posts though so people have a goal to get an avatar...

the admins should make every member that has over 1,000 posts a special avatar that nobody else can have...now thats a good goal!!

Old 12-17-2005, 04:20 AM

then you are getting what i was referring to, spam.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-17-2005, 05:52 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i agree that number of post should not be rewarded, anyone can post 30 nonsence posts a day. ppl who help others out need the reward, hence the Highroller idea.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Terry is offline Terry

nice idea little man, but steve n katana have summed it up. all ur gonna get is people spamming the hell outta the forums to get a bigger avatar, and lets face it, if thats the case, steve's always gonna have more avatars than the rest of ya lol so i wouldnt bother :P

lol

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 12-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

There are the member status buttons which allow you to brag about the amount of time youve been a member here, which is worth more IMO than the number of posts you have...

Someone who has been here 3 years and makes 1 good post a day would be at just over 1000 posts

the spammer that makes 15 posts a day for a year has about 5000 posts

The member who has 1000 posts is way more deserving than the spammer and would likely be considered for any staff or hqhr over the spammer IMO. This is one of the reasons why the HQHR was set up like it was, it was a way of recognizing senior members but not making it an automatic entry process so that we prevent the spamming for status syndrome that is rampant on forums...
Old 12-17-2005, 10:53 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

u calling me a spammer??

Old 12-17-2005, 11:44 AM

well imho... with the rate you post these little sentences.... I mean, your signature is bigger then your post.

I know i dont post long messages also, but atleast im trying to say something usefull. And i know it doesnt always look like that, but hey, if youre still reading this nonsense you have to many time to spend....

j/k But i think that 1 sentence posts shouldnt be posts.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 12-17-2005, 11:47 AM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShArP ™
u calling me a spammer??
That post was def. spam. lol. No one called u a spammer. Anyways, ya I agree I guess there would be too much spammers. Man spammers need to leave all the forums on the web, especially the forums that are now wrecked, and just stay away from computers. lol.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
lol then i would never have any posts i don't post much but when i do its ussally about something better than spam

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 12-17-2005, 04:37 PM

lol KB

ps, when yer coming to Amsterdam let me know, i'll be the tourguide
pps you are cheating in your sig, youre not member for 4 years looking at yer regdate.. just 3 years this month!!

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 12-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Terry is offline Terry

someones been found out

nah i did the same thing lol. thought id been here 3 years so i used that one, then checked my reg date

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 12-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
think BB/Mike*MFA* is trying to say if you show you can be a out standing member here you can get voted in to High Roller club, get extra nice cool thing to use and have a bigger voice to speak.

a bigger avartar is not a big thing to have anyways, most forum like them to be 64x64 or 74x75, not many like them be over 80x80 in size.

i don't see a big deal having a bigger avatar i think it cool it point out who the admin here.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Quote:
Originally posted by Killerbee ™
lol then i would never have any posts i don't post much but when i do its ussally about something better than spam
YES! - #1 sentence

a fellow spammer. - #2 sentence

i got 3 sentences out of this one... - #3 sentence

LOL

Old 12-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
i just can't count is what that comes down too lmao its fixed now

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 12-18-2005, 02:05 PM

RollEyes Id Agree

Id Agree

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
There are the member status buttons which allow you to brag about the amount of time you've been a member here, which is worth more IMO than the number of posts you have...

Someone who has been here 3 years and makes 1 good post a day would be at just over 1000 posts.

The spammer that makes 15 posts a day for a year has about 5000 posts.

The member who has 1000 posts is way more deserving than the spammer and would likely be considered for any staff or HQHR over the spammer IMO. This is one of the reasons why the HQHR was set up like it was, it was a way of recognizing senior members but not making it an automatic entry process so that we prevent the spamming for status syndrome that is rampant on forums...
I would agree with Mike. Do not think I am trying to be nice to everyone so I can be a High Roller.
Well first there is no reason to spam. Some people recognized me as a spammer when I made my idea up of the 100th Post thing. That is not true, it is just that sometimes I post in the wrong forum, and it gets moved to Spam Forum area place. That is the reason. I will serve NovaHQ. I will be a role model, a good influence and going back a few threads my post is bigger than my sig. Well I like to make my sig a small height different to the one Sharp has because I like to make some things simple and not make a big mess of a thread which I have some idea how I do it sometimes. Some Member Status Images I am entitled to probably have but to keep it like a 12 year old, I am starting to actually be a Joker, a Sig Maker, well I do not actually post sigs up regularly but I update my signature with my new sig. Might get BHD or DFX soon. I should be getting a One Year at NovaHQ one, and all.But I know that somewhere and all we all will fit in a spot which we are entitled to. And that could be Spamming, Helping, Supporting, or Liking. Everyone has a different sig, and I like mainly all of them.

Well there is one thing I am supposed to wait for still, Steve has to reply to me if he will give me permission to make new Member Status Buttons, I already made a set for him, but I am not offically going to get in I think.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --What a long post