Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
DeepFlow is offline DeepFlow

objext packs?

ok i have seen diffrent objexts from diffrent games as I dont own any other games besides dfx, wondering if there are any packs out there for additional objects
Old 04-07-2006, 07:34 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
yeah, check out www.DFbarracks.com in the download section.
There you'll find a couple of downloads for new items for DFX.

You can download the 92 extra item .def file at
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ion=df&fid=296

Or there is a Deep Jungle mod for the MED at
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...tion=dc&cid=20
Make sure to get the full version and also you need to download the new items MED pics at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by dave61; 04-07-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Uber-Pirate is offline Uber-Pirate

for these items, do other people have to have them to play the map?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:54 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber-Pirate
The 92 extra items .def file actually opens items that are already in the DFX:MED. It unlocks the items for use, and since the 92 extra items are already in the DFX:MED .anyone can see the items with out having to install anything. Also, if you download this I recomend you also download the DFX:MED pics to add missing and the new item pictures for the MED.
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ion=df&fid=277

The Deep jungle MOD is different. IT IS A MOD ! Warning: if you make a mission using the DEEP JUNGLE MOD , then anyone else that wants to play this mission would have to install this same MOD. It does look cool though, but I've not tried it.

I have the 92 extra items .def file installed and would recomend it.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:02 AM

im wondering about the buildings such as the building witha control tower on it withthe glass top
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Uber-Pirate
asker: yes

a host who are hosting any game mod be it Battlefield 1942 or DF: Xtreme or anyother game type, all players must have the same mod and same version of mod to play in the server who is hosting the mod.

or players will be punted out for not having the mod in use.

all so keep in mind never use any mods in novaworld servers stats automatic ban on any player who try to get into their servers using a mod. best exit out of the game and start it up using the stander game.exe
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Alucard-NGS- is offline Alucard-NGS-

Be sure you follow then instuctions when installing any mod and remember make a copy of your main DFX folder.

if you have the objects.def file when you copy you dfx folder for DJ mod delete or you wont see any of the new objects.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepFlow
im wondering about the buildings such as the building witha control tower on it withthe glass top
That would also be in the .DEF file . (which is not a MOD)
Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
asker: yes

a host who are hosting any game mod be it Battlefield 1942 or DF: Xtreme or anyother game type, all players must have the same mod and same version of mod to play in the server who is hosting the mod.

or players will be punted out for not having the mod in use.

all so keep in mind never use any mods in novaworld servers stats automatic ban on any player who try to get into their servers using a mod. best exit out of the game and start it up using the stander game.exe
Correct !

That's why am I cautious not to download or to use a mod terrain or mod items. If you look at the download for the DEEP JUNGLE MOD it says that it is incompatible with NOVAWORLD servers!
Also, its' not fair to others who do not have the same MOD installed who might want to play the map, it's downright inconvenient to have to modify the game just to play a modified map.

If you want the extra items , then download the modified items .DEF file. It is not a mod !!! It only opens the items that are already in your DFX : MED ! It removes the "no tool" so the items can be seen by the MED and is compatible with NOVAWORLD servers.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
look its not novaworld servers its made for, by 3rd party mod, if nova got off their rearend made of some other cool mods they would support them in their stats servers, but we know one per-game serials, don't think they make a lot of money off making up new type mods for their games at all, if anything i think they hate making them up totally.

so they let other make some mods and let them host these 3rd party mods in the buyer own servers and not in theirs.

they put the word out long ago anyways it the normal even in DF: LW days they put the word out don't use 3rd party software/mods/no-cd patch in their stats servers you be banned. its only the norm of things.

some mods are really done up good, and some mods are will cheaply done up.

i like the BF 1942 mod starwars its really cool going to new worlds to fight others off.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-11-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:39 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
look its not novaworld servers its made for, by 3rd party mod, if nova got off their rearend made of some other cool mods they would support them in their stats servers, but we know one per-game serials, don't think they make a lot of money off making up new type mods for their games at all, if anything i think they hate making them up totally.

so they let other make some mods and let them host these 3rd party mods in the buyer own servers and not in theirs.

they put the word out long ago anyways it the normal even in DF: LW days they put the word out don't use 3rd party software/mods/no-cd patch in their stats servers you be banned. its only the norm of things.

some mods are really done up good, and some mods are will cheaply done up.

i like the BF 1942 mod starwars its really cool going to new worlds to fight others off.
I know what you're saying is true , but the items that I am talking about I have made maps using these items ,and my MP maps are being played on NOVAWORLD servers at this moment ! The items were created by NOVALOGIC !

If you have a "clean" installation of DFX (no mods or anything) , then try a map made using the .def file and see the items for yourself. If you can see them , then is it a mod?
http://www.novahq.net/?show=maps&cmd=goto&id=5864
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM

found everything im looking for by switchin resource dir to join ops and Jo1 ;] looks like donzens of objects from other games are still laying in the code and can be used. star with nile in dfx resource dir. set a terrain. once u want to find pieces in another dir, simply change resource dir. I then save the map open "new" so as not to crash nile. then reopen the map in progress. if the object is compatible it will still be there, if not it will simply have been removed. You need to test this before launchin themap in dfx as it weill simply sysdump your dfx if the object isnt allowed.