Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > Humor & Jokes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Humor & Jokes Got a funny joke or a funny email? Post it so we can all laugh!

Old 11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Deer hunter bag 5-people last weekend

Five dead in deer hunting dispute
Alleged gunman arrested after fight over tree stand

"This is real not a joke really happen"
A police officer interviews witnesses in northwestern Wisconsin, where a dispute between deer hunters over a tree stand erupted in gunfire Sunday.
The Associated Press
Updated: 1:42 a.m. ET Nov. 22, 2004

BIRCHWOOD, Wis. - A dispute among deer hunters over a tree stand in northwestern Wisconsin erupted Sunday in a series of shootings that left five people dead and three others injured, officials said.

Jake Hodgkinson, a deputy at the county jail, identified the suspect as Chai Vang but would give no additional details. Several news organizations in Minneapolis-St. Paul reported the suspect was 36-years-old and from St. Paul.

The incident happened when two hunters were returning to their rural cabin on private land in Sawyer County and saw the suspect in one of their tree stands, County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. A confrontation and shooting followed.

It’s not known who shot first, Zeigle said.

Both men were wounded and one of them radioed back to the cabin. Other hunters responded and were shot, he said. Some of the victims may have shot back at the suspect, Zeigle said.

The suspect was “sniping” at the victims with a SKS assault-style rifle, Zeigle said. He was “chasing after them and killing them,” he said.

The dead included four males, including a teenage boy, and a woman, Zeigle said. The man who radioed for help was not fatally wounded. Some of the victims were shot more than once.

All five were dead when officers arrived, he said.

Authorities found two bodies near each other and the other three were scattered around the area, which is near Town of Meteor in southwestern Sawyer County. Two people who stayed in the cabin emerged safely after the shootings.

The suspect, who did not have a compass, got lost in the woods and two other hunters, not knowing the man was being sought in the shootings, helped him find his way out, Zeigle said. When he emerged from the woods, a Department of Natural Resources officer recognized the deer license on his back, given to police by a victim, Zeigle said.

The man was out of bullets when they arrested him, Zeigle said.

One of the injured hunters was in critical condition at St. Joseph’s Hospital. Another was listed in serious condition and the third was in fair condition, both at Lakeview Medical Center.

Wisconsin’s statewide deer gun hunting season started Saturday and lasts for nine days.

Bill Wagner, 72, of Oshkosh, was about two miles away near Deer Lake with a party of about 20 other hunters. He said the incident was “very upsetting.”

After they got word of a shooting, he and others went to round up the rest of the party. He said they heard sirens, planes and helicopters and noticed the surrounding roads blocked off.

“When you’re hunting you don’t expect somebody to try to shoot you and murder you,” he said. “You have no idea who is coming up to you.”

The incident won’t stop their hunt, he said.

“We’re all old, dyed-in-wool hunters,” he said. “We wouldn’t go home because of this but we will keep it in our minds. We’re not forgetting it.”

Source: MSNBC News
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-22-2004, 06:01 PM
thundar is offline thundar

the way i took it from news reports was he was tresspassing on private land an setting in one of there tree stands an when he was asked to leave he started shooting
now i hope they dont put this down as a hunting acedent because in my mind it was no acadent a hunting mishap or acadent meams 1 person was shoot by mistake how can u say i shot 5 an wounded 3 thinking they were deer
personaly this dumb azz needs to be deep fryed for his actions
an why would anyone be hunting with an assault weapon like an sks just dont make since to me
Old 11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Chief ADFP

Wisconsin don't know if they have the right to use a rifle to hunt with? a lot of state in the USA make hunters use a shotgun slug to hunt deers with. ether way i really hope he fry really super slowly.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-22-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:01 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Ya know, for as bad as this may sound, I bet some dumbass Hollywood Director will hear about this and say to himself "Hmmmmm....This just might make an excellent movie!" I can see it turning out as a movie. I just can.

For the suspect, what a n00b! Why would you shoot 5 innocent people just because you were in their treestand? I mean, the least you could have done was gotten down. I mean seriously, People these days are so damn stupid.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Sgt Eagle is offline Sgt Eagle

yes we can hunt with a rifle. but i dont think with the kind he had. in Wisconsin tho. i live in wisconsin. the place he killed the 5 ppl is a 2 hour drive from where i live.

IF YOU CHEAT YOU SUCK
Old 12-04-2004, 08:08 AM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
Wisconsin don't know if they have the right to use a rifle to hunt with? a lot of state in the USA make hunters use a shotgun slug to hunt deers with. ether way i really hope he fry really super slowly.
texas is bothe rifle and bow season with 2 bow seasons
Old 12-04-2004, 09:34 AM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
i read that in the newspaper, its unreal.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Eagle
yes we can hunt with a rifle. but i don't think with the kind he had. in Wisconsin tho. i live in Wisconsin. the place he killed the 5 ppl is a 2 hour drive from where i live.
dang be careful OK

seem some hurter can really loss their cool when hunting now days, must be the hunting season rates are way up there. in USA Fl 5 years all go i pay USD-20.00 bucks for a lic. In Minnesota (AKA: Nightman411 Brother) they have to pay 150.00 for Hunting lic. funny how some state to state vary in cost of a hunting lic's for Deer season lic.

Then again you have to pay the land owner to hunt on their land if they rent/Lease it out for you to use, mostly this is a time limited.

if your lucky you can ask the owner if you can hunt on their land most of them time they say go for it. but some don't like people on their land at all and may tell you no.
===========================================
If you find any one on your land hunting ask them to leave if you don't like them to be on it, if they don't leave call the police Dept and let them handle it!! if a fire fight starts up it between them and the jerk.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-04-2004 at 04:33 PM.