Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:11 PM
ToXiC_RaIn is offline ToXiC_RaIn

Question about BHD Pinger?¿

Well when i first started playing BHD i noticed that some people could be on lets say blue team and in a few seconds join the red team...I asked some people about it and they said they were using a Pinger, So i download BHD Joiner and BHD Pinger but i dont see any way to join blue team or red team..So im woundering how to join another team other then going back to the main screen and then re-loading the server list...Any of you that use pinger please send some info this way.... thanks

Thanks for the Sig Rider

Safety first.....ahhh **** it just start shootin.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

The pinger adds a another page to the novaworld thingy, u add a server that u would usually go on (cant be a novaworld server) so then when u start up and select join a game, then you will see the server you have selected. Click on it and u can join... it shows people joining and leaving to the other team really quickly because they dont have to load the server list.

Anymore questions email me or Private message..
Old 05-13-2004, 06:37 PM

Ahhhh ok i see now, I was woundering what the heck that page was for....Allways saw the page but no servers on it...But i got it now..Thanks alot for your help!

Thanks for the Sig Rider

Old 05-14-2004, 03:15 PM
BB

np m8
Old 05-30-2004, 01:48 AM
SFC_VETTI is offline SFC_VETTI

I figured I would use this thread since it was the same question almost.
I have the BHD Pinger and it never seems to refresh in the mp server selection screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet
Old 05-30-2004, 05:42 AM
BB

you need to start it up everytime , theres a small box on the pinger with a tick in it , click the box and it will refresh ur servers on the list, then start BHD up and click join
Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
SFC_VETTI is offline SFC_VETTI

Killer...thanx alot

Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet
Old 06-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
can people get banned for using it in stats server of novaworld.com? asking
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-17-2004, 02:02 PM
AgtSmith is offline AgtSmith

Send a message via ICQ to AgtSmith Send a message via AIM to AgtSmith
Good question, can you get banned for it?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:09 PM

I am not 100% sure but i highly doubt you can get banned for it, It does not edit the exicutible in any way, The only editing it does to the game is add's the server page, So no you cant get banned for it,

I have used the pinger alot to play stat games and never got banned, But i did get banned the other day for ACCIDENTLY clicking the coopmenow shortcut instead of the regular bhd shortcut, And of course nova will not take the ban off, But ohwell i will get back in Hehehehehehehe

Thanks for the Sig Rider

Old 06-17-2004, 03:11 PM

So I got the pinger and maybe I am stupid but how do you join a game from it?
Old 06-17-2004, 03:16 PM

Bhd adds a page to the game, Everytime you want to play re-fresh the pingers list, Then once you find a server that you want either double click it or right click it and click add, Then it adds that server to the list on the bottom, The servers on the bottom list will appear on the page in BHD, But remember that once a server closes and re-opens you will have to re-add the server to the bottom list to get the new Nova key., also to re-fresh the server info like to see how many people are in the server you can right click it and click Ping, That should do it for ya, Saves alot of time, Have fun!

Thanks for the Sig Rider

Old 06-17-2004, 03:54 PM

Well, thanks for the info but if I have to start a program to browse servers and then add that server to a list and then start the game and join from there that seems pretty stupid.

Anyways, not trying to be negative but between this and the login goofs and some others bugs playing this game online is more trouble than it really seems worth. I really don't get what posseses these game companies to release stuff in such poor condition. I mean any monkey with a keyboard can create a decent server browser and all they needed to do is to look at any other gaem for what it should include feature-wise. Instead they come out with this pain in the arse featureless version that is, simply, a pain to deal with.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:01 PM

The pinger is mainly used for joining servers you go into alot, Like if your in a game and you want to switch teams you would usually have to re-laod the server list in BHD but with the pinger its just a few clicks and thats it, I love it , It saves alot of time.

Thanks for the Sig Rider

Old 06-17-2004, 09:50 PM

Well, seeing as how every server I join is full of nothing but HPBs (really bad ones, 300_) it is quite the pain in the arse to constantly join and exit join and exit.

In fact the whole game is a miserable mess as far as the interface is concerned. Whoever designed the menus (in particular the MP stuff) should be fired.

The game is fine but is getting into the game that is a miserable pain in the arse.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:17 PM

Yes i agree with you 100%, I just wish BHD was more like Ghost Recon or the other RedStorm Entertainment games, The way you join games is 100% better and you can vote to remove players and lots more, Maybe us DF players should speak out to Nova and get them to change the interface Maybe something like in Ghost Recon that would make me a 100% DF fan, But i still love df games they just need to work on them a little harder instead of rushing to make a quick buck. But i highly doubt if even EVERY df player asked nova to change the MP menus and the way you join games they still wouldnt do anything, There just pricks like that.

Thanks for the Sig Rider