Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

Biggrin woowhoo

i just made 60$ in 2 days working on computers around my neighborhood.

got called up by one of the guys i fixed his e-mail and he thought something else was wrong, i went and looked at it and he told me he hit send/recive and it would pop up the screen and pop off almost instantly, i looked at it and it was working like it was supposed to but just a lot faster than he had ever seen it work, used to take almost 3min to load but now it takes .5sec , lol.

maby i should start my own buisness for reparing puters.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
ask Dr B about that
Old 06-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

You best keep it to yourself that you know computers. I don't tell any family members that I know anything about computers anymore and tell everyone that does know that I know a lot to shut up about it because I am sick of getting called when I am in the middle of something to "fix" a computer problem. If they do find out I just say I program computers, not build and/or fix them. That's usually so far over their head that they don't ask any more questions.

And why is it that when someone has a problems it's with some ancient hardware like a 56k modem or PCI IDE card? I don't know nothin' about them! I used a 56k modem for about 2 weeks before I got cable. It is possible that it was before my time even with computers!

The only people I don’t mind helping are those that can help themselves: If they know what I am saying when I say “Click the start button” then usually they are literate and can be helped…

The start button?? Ok, I pushed it, but now my screen went black!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-06-2008, 05:52 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

You best keep it to yourself that you know computers. I don't tell any family members that I know anything about computers anymore and tell everyone that does know that I know a lot to shut up about it because I am sick of getting called when I am in the middle of something to "fix" a computer problem. If they do find out I just say I program computers, not build and/or fix them. That's usually so far over their head that they don't ask any more questions.

And why is it that when someone has a problems it's with some ancient hardware like a 56k modem or PCI IDE card? I don't know nothin' about them! I used a 56k modem for about 2 weeks before I got cable. It is possible that it was before my time even with computers!

The only people I don’t mind helping are those that can help themselves: If they know what I am saying when I say “Click the start button” then usually they are literate and can be helped…

The start button?? Ok, I pushed it, but now my screen went black!

DITTO, my mom has told some of her friends that I fix computers. Now I have this one lady that expects me to fix it for free. She has an old crappy computer and her restore cd's don`t work. I asked her if she wanted me to order new ones for her (they were like $30) she said "sure." I ordered them and she never paid me back....still have the computer and I've run both sets of restore cd's a billion times and they won`t work. Gotta love crappy HP software.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Kinda like my mum. I teach her a lot of things since she ain't really PC literate and she never learns. And if she does learn, it's really slowly.

I teach her something very very easy to learn and she wants to write it down on paper. Oh, and eventually she loses the paper.

I tell her to read the Windows book, she never reads it. Or she does, but she falls asleep.

At first I bet you she didn't even know where the Back button was in IE. Like, how could you not know where it is? It has a green button with a left arrow! How hard can it be to interpret pictures?

It's just so hard to explain how hard it is to teach her something. She'll never remember it. Oh, did I tell you about the time where she blackmailed me to teach her everything I know about PCs?

But then again English is not really her strong language so that's probably the case. I know if I used a computer in Thai I'd be like WTF... Well, I'd probably still know where things are and what to click...

Oh, and something else too. Some random guy I didn't even know in Messenger that constantly begs me for help with a game he had. It took me 3 hours to solve the problem for him, and at the end, he had the freaking install files and not the game. Then I fix the prob for him, and still begs me for help. I don't even know his dude, and I shouldn't've even helped him as far as I'm concerned. He said he'd send me $10 bucks if I helped him. DUDE, I don't live in the UNITED STATES! You can't just send $10 bucks... (unless via PayPal which I don't have...)

Just to sum it up, I agree with Scott.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
lmfao
family are like that, same for my mom and aunt both don't sink in and so they always get me if there a error or a unknown thing going on.

freaky aunt was telling every one of her buds i work on computer's and can fix them. that really bugs me.

drive 80mile to help some old person with thier system for free!!!!

so now i act like a noob with my aunt by saying how do i know? you been using the computers for ages (1980s) and you know a lot more then i do. that end it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

as long as im getting paid i dont really mind, lol, isnt like im doing anything else right now, and i kindof enjoy working on computers, like the one i got here, i built it because i like to , didnt really need it, i just wanted to see ho much better i could do than my older one i built.

and my family has known i can fixem for years, i got some work thru the church a while back, i installed a womans vidcard and got Philips jukebox with 14gb hdd, kindof like an i-pod but a little older, i do cash or trade basis, no checks or credit cards.

and i tellem what itll cost to fix it b4 i even start, and if they say they wont or cant pay it, no fixy
and if they keep doing something stupid and killing something, more money for me to fix, i do something i enjoy, make my own hours, and make a little pocket money.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
I'm up to help anyone around where I live out, but no one takes me that serious with computers, even though i'm upgrading the hell out of it every now and then (as much as I can with my agp). They all ask my older brother for help, but they ask him to help with the dumbest stuff, so being the devious guy he is he actually charges them to do a little bit of clicking for them. I envy him

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Mstenger404
I'm up to help anyone around where I live out, but no one takes me that serious with computers, even though i'm upgrading the hell out of it every now and then (as much as I can with my agp). They all ask my older brother for help, but they ask him to help with the dumbest stuff, so being the devious guy he is he actually charges them to do a little bit of clicking for them. I envy him
Same here, regarding helping people out (hope I don't sound like a weirdo, since I'm only 14... and been using PCs since 4).

Although I think that hardware stuff is probably my weak spot. I was sweating my ass off when I was installing a new video card and RAM. Don't really like doing that kinda stuff, lol.

I know at my old school whenever something happened on the computers or whenever someone needed help with something I usually helped them out. Pretty much half the stuff I learnt I self-learned, so yeah.

All this experience can lead me to do unit standards (exams in other words) at college really easily and fast. Actually, they're really easy, in my opinion.

Funny thing is nobody else at school really shares the same experience in me (in other words they haven't been using computers for a very long time). C'mon, there's gotta be people that are the same as me!
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-07-2008, 05:34 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

"You best keep it to yourself that you know computers. I don't tell any family members that I know anything about computers anymore and tell everyone that does know that I know a lot to shut up about it because I am sick of getting called when I am in the middle of something to "fix" a computer problem. If they do find out I just say I program computers, not build and/or fix them. That's usually so far over their head that they don't ask any more questions."

Same here haha

I just say that I don't know why it's doing that and I don't know how to fix it, that way it's my brother that get's hit with all the work

My photography website