Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM
katcghan is offline katcghan

Plain Frustrated

I played BHD to death a bit online when it first came out, then skipped it for a few years. I played the campaign through to get but into the groove a bit (ie game percularities etc vs other games I have been playing) now I'm finding it very questionable online.

eg cant make a sniper kill over 150-200m ( while I'm being shot at 400-500 and more no problems, yes I know to vary the scope range)
pump 1/2 a clip of car15 into them then they fire 1-2 shots and kill me
whats the do with impossible to kill people with knives

is the lean/run considard a usable glitch or a cheat (have never hit anybody no matter what weapon when they are doing this)?

also just wondering the minumum rang for the M203? As it never works at close range

anywhere to find tips on online play?

PS my ping varies from 50-150 (sometimes more for international servers)
While I can put down some (ok over 50%) of my issues from bad ping to inexperience or lag it cant play a roll in a sitting target at 300m, doesnt move before or for a few seconds after the shot(s)
Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
lead your shots?

idk I never got into bhd.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Some people concider the left lean while running a glitch - I don't, Just aim for the center part of their body. And I have never had any problem with killing them either

Don't spray and pray - the longer you hold your trigger down the bigger your bullet spread gets - thus being possible to empty a full clip in some ones direction and missing them.

Make sure your getting your leading distence correct - when they are running on an angle away from you aiming right at them will cause you to miss - need to lead them so that your bullets are where he will be in 2 seconds.

m203 isn't any good for less then 10-15 m - though the actual 203 round can kill some one if your lucky - thats one reason why I don't use 203's - to many times people get too close to use it.

As for sniping - don't know. Unless they are behind objects. or laying at the top of hills - for some reason from a distence it can appear that they are clearly at the top of the hill, only to find out that they really are mostly behind it. Just make sure your elevation is as close as possible to the range. Since the elevation can only be adjusted in 50 m increments, you may have to aim higher/lower still.

If some one is cheating - you should still be able to kill them. In my 4+ years of online playing and hosting game servers and having cheaters come into my servers, I have not had 1 cheater not be killable. - Even the one guy who was invisible was still kill able. It may be harder, but still possible. And I have had a lot come through - at one time my cheater IP ban list was over 500.

IcI
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
tip on getting better shots
1.) standing when you shot at another shot not on the mark to good.
2.) neal down and shot some one is a bet better but not on the mark to good.
3.) lawing down and aim with any weapon most of the time shots are on the mark.
4.) lag killss'
if some one is running right at you shot at their feet or at the ground infront of them, if they running to the left or right of you then shoot ahead of them so they run into the rounds. this is good if they are lagging or pings are high on their end.
5.) knifers can run over claymore's without setting them off at all, don't count on them to cover your spot! instead use the gernade drop in right in front of you. you may lose points in stats if you die from it, but they get kill as will. great way to kill the knifers fun.
6.) base or spawn point rappers if they killing your fun leave the server they are in, its no fun in spawn in and have some one kill you in 2sec with even having the chance to fight back.
7.) Sniping other at 800m-900m out use the scope and look for pink spots in the scope these is their faces of other. hard to see but set there and watch see if these pink spots move any if so you got them scope-in "head shots"
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-28-2008, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, will keep at it and take into account
Old 03-30-2008, 05:00 AM

THink I'll skip multi BHD after tonights shinanigans(sp?)

5 shots into the back of a guys head at 15meters, no kill?

took a few pot shots at another guy, as soon as I started to fire he warps back half dozen steps, turns fires a burst and I'm dead, what the heck?

I might try a few international servers but if they give similar results

sorry, venting, just finding it very inconsistant
Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Leaning is build into the game, anyone that considers it a glitch or a form of cheating should burn there copy of the game and start playing risk..

If it is build in the game as a function to use ( shoot around corners ) it cant be glitching..
Oh yeah i hear the comments, but they lean through the corner.. Maybe in your screen, but on my screen definitely not..
And yeah there are a few corners were you accidently go into the walls yes, 1 grenade at the right spot and the problem is solved..

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
yeah - it is very inconsistent...

Because I can play hours every day and not experience those problems lol.

What servers are you playing in with this problem?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM

The server I "was" using was the australian iinet server (visable from the BHD entry). I tried a few international (american and brit) servers last night after I made the post and not a problem, I even had fun. Was able snipe at over over 200m (over 500m infact, first for me online in BHD) and hit, even shot people that were run leaning and romming at me with a knife (I had not managed that once on the australian server). Basically I think I'll stick to other servers from now on.

Thanks to listen to rant all
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 PM

Sounds like that server may be having some issues - maybe computer is overloaded or on a rotten connection....

Glad your situation has improved