Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Why NovaLogic are stopping hexing in names

from NovaWorld.com foums

Dear NovaWorld Forum Members,

As many of you are aware, there is a lot of conjecture being posted on these forums with regards to why we have changed our naming policy for NovaWorld.

We would like to try and clear up a few misunderstandings.

We suspected that this decision would cause issues with some members of the community and we apologize for that, but there are a number of good reasons why this change was made. Here are some of them:

1) It is now far quicker and easier to track and ban people who use cheats and trainers. This means we can act faster to protect the gaming experience on NovaWorld.

2) It is now easier for consumers to identify and remember other players' names. It is also now easier for consumers to search for other player names.

3) The new system makes player lists easier to read.

4) The change opens up compatibility with other services we have implemented (such as this forum system) and services we plan to roll out in the near future.

We did not come by this decision lightly, and believe that it is in the best interests of the NovaWorld community. We would also like to quash the rumor that this name change was implemented for the purpose of selling details to 'spam' services. Didn't happen, isn't happening and won't happen, ever.

We hope you will join us in considering this matter closed. The ball is in our court now to deliver on the new services. Watch this space...

Thanks

Marcus
Old 09-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

To NovaWorld Community Members

In reference to NovaWorld Naming Policy post by Mr X and thread started on Sept 21st 2003 at.04pm by JessFrag.

On behalf of NovaLogic, I'd like to respond to the above post and various threads made by certain members of the community. We consider this post to be 100% inaccurate and based on a very bad information source. These are the facts.

Firstly: NovaLogic does not sell our customer database to any third party company.

Secondly: NovaWorld's new naming policy has NOTHING to do with our customer database. The data we collect from customers who register their products with us and the data that is linked to a NovaWorld account are two totally separate databases.

Leader Technologies is a company that works for NovaLogic, strictly as a database collection house. This means that Leader collects and processes data from our customers who register their NovaLogic games, or who sign up on our web site to receive our Newsletters.

Under contract, Leader CAN NOT and does not forward ANY of NovaLogic's customer information to any other third party what-so-ever. All information is held in a secure database that ONLY NovaLogic has access to. NovaLogic does not even contact customers unless those customers have opted in to receive information from us. This is in accordance with our privacy policy.

For customers who register their NovaLogic products online, there may be a special offer of some kind included at the end of the registration process, from a 3rd party company e.g. Netflix or Earthlink. These offers are purely 'opt in', which means that only if a customer subscribes or signs up for one of these offers and voluntarily gives their personal information, will that company get that customers information. These offers are only added after NovaLogic approves them and only if we think that our customers would benefit from such offers.

NovaLogic has been in business for over 18 years and we value our customers and respect their privacy. We have bent over backwards and worked extremely hard to get this community site up and running for our fans. It is a shame that some community members choose to use this site to gossip monger and spread rumors that are damaging to our community and detrimental to what we are trying to achieve.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who are true supporters of the community and NovaLogic, and to ask those of you who insist on trying to damage our reputation to stop.

Kind regards

The Marketing Team,NovaLogic
Old 09-27-2003, 04:32 PM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
Im sorry but i dont believe a word of it! the ONLY way to stop cheaters is to monitor the servers and have 24/7 tech support ,so the "valued players" can reach a tech person while the cheat is in the server and have him removed, since 99% of cheaters are in the servers "after hours and weekends" ,there is no excuse for not hiring extra employees or allowing overtime to the techs that WANT to help us stop these losers that ruin the game for the honest players, ,Bottom line is Nova has not bent over backwards to help stop cheating , and has poor at best tech support , i myself have sent upwards of 75+ emails to tech support and have recieved less than 10 replies ,none of which solved any issue i was having ,they were generic replies none of which specificly addresses any info i had provided, .all Nova has done is distance itself farther from its customers ,and allowed cheaters easier access to our names, as well as names we have used since we started playing are being taken by other players because they are not recognized as OUR name since they are hexed, ,i cant even access the Nova forum's or downloads because i have 2 names left in my account that are hexed that i will not give up , it is my right to have those names the font is in ALL versions of Windows ,so should be considered "standard font" it is just another way large Co.s with executives that dont play any of the games practice their high $$$$ power , it is NOT what the Nova community wants or asked for , it is Not in our best interest, the only interest we have is Nova spending some time listening to their customers, and stop taking away our indivduality and lessening our gaming experience, and using the recources they already have to help us , instead of fattening their pockets , with websites and promotions that we dont want or could care less about ,, the old website was fine with the exception of , support , since all anyone ever gets from "ask support" is a generic reply that never answers the question you submitted, i have spoken with njumorus tech support people (i will not state their names since i dont want them to loose their jobs for trying to help us) but i have been told quite a few times by tech support that their hands are tied and they WANT to work overtime , and they WANT extra help from other or new employees to help monitor the servers and help rid them of cheats , but their voices remain silenced by the top execs that override or will not respond to their suggestions on what the players want and need or what they think would help us with minimal cost or effort from Nova itself, all those things are easily attainable ,and wont be implimented because the person or persons that make these decisions are not affected by these things since they do not play , or spend countless hours ,being annoyed by these isues ,as we do ,day in and day out , the weekends are the worst ,since no one is monitoring anything , and the cheats are able to roam free and wreak havoc in every server for hours at a time , ruining the honest and devoted players gaming experience , making them more likely to go to other game vendors whom will most likely ,do updates at least every 3 months, to help with hacks and trainer issues, to have support available to cutomers 24/7 , and have tech support that not only answer emails ,but try to solve the specific issue ,instead of sending a generic reply and going no further,, i have asked Nova techs if they have recieved my emails, they tell me they are looking at all of them as we speak , yet all but a few have remained to this day unanswered, i think it would be in Novas best interest to "listen to the player " instead of some analist that thinks this is how things should be addressed to best suit Novas behalf , what happened to "the cutomer is always right"? for that matter what happened to the customer at all , it seems we are the only ones being affected by all this , and i personally have spoken with quite a few of current Nova players that have said they are tired of Novas lack of care toward their customers and are going to quit buying any Nova product ,since they dont stand behind what they sell! now mind you those are not my replies , but i am begining to believe that it also might be the only way to open Nova's eyes to what it has and has not done for its customers, , i was told that the $40 i spent on each game i have (DF1 DF2 DFLW DFTFD DFBHD )only had support for "single player" that multiplaying is a "bonus" that Nova is giving its customers for free!! and therefore is not supported ,and is only provided as a help to Nova customers(this was told to me by a Nova Tech on the phone just a few days ago) well i am sorry , but if i paid $40 for a game then i expect to get complete support for any issues with it ,including multiplayer issues, mission editors,compatability issues and single player as well as server and cheat issues ,if it is sold as part of the game ,then all aspects of it should be under those guidelines , i am not here to dis Nova , i am merely stating that it needs to listen to its customers ,and open its eyes to its customers instad of turning its back on them ,before it starts loosing most of them to other game makers who will support their customers with the devotion that its customers have given towards their products ! its only fair!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 05:31 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
hell cant you write that again with spaces and capitol letters and dots were they belong??????????????

I surely like to read it but not in this way. i think this message beats "the longest sentence ever" spam topic in this server.

Its so f******d up to read that i only have read the first line.
Ever heard of gramma? Its there so you can make long pieces of text easyer to read.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-27-2003, 06:43 PM

Sorry but it wouldnt let me edit the post once i read it ! , and saw the typos , i am very well educated , i didnt know it was to be graded based on a grammer score ! , since i hit some wrong keys!! it should be commented on the topic!!! sorry for making it so the subject was lost in the ability to read the words , It was not intended to be a run on sentence ,it was intended to make a point!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:49 PM

and easyer is spelt "easier" if it really matters sorry for offending your intelligence or grammer, as i have read many post's in this forum , including the ones from Nova employees that have less than proper grammer! , but my concern is with the topic itself, as i dont feel the need to degrade someones intelligence because they have something to say!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:00 PM

also something is screwed up in the forum itself as it will NOT allow me to edit any post i make ,(says i dont have permission to edit my own post) so i am forced to post again and again ,and live with any mistakes i made since i didnt and wont take the time to proof read, since i had no idea i would be graded on anything , this is not school ! , i finished that 25 years ago !,so i shouldnt be graded on test , i had no idea i was taking! but anyway i read thru my post and it does have Comma's , exclimation points, and capitals , so i dont see why you said any comments that you made , other than the post itself was long , it would make perfect sense to anyone who would take the time to read it thru to the end !
Old 09-27-2003, 07:02 PM

"a test" typo again !
Old 09-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

u cannot edit posts in the main news, this is for obvious reasons.

"i have read many post's in this forum , including the ones from Nova employees " -no Nova Employess post here
Old 09-27-2003, 07:10 PM

maybe i will just quit posting here if this is the treatment i get from the staff! (if you are a staff member)if not i am sorry to the staff for insinuating that the have no respect for others!, i didnt deserve the rude comments about my intelligence , since i am obviously smart enough to know when someone calls me a dumbass , which i am FAR from that , and take what you said as a insult to my intelligence ! which little would you know , is a 178 IQ
Old 09-27-2003, 07:19 PM

sorry Steve i should have said the post that was made from the excerpt taken from Nova's site, didnt mean to be misleading , but i have seen many comments, lets say "quoted" or whatever from Nova employees and have found quite a few mistakes in the spelling or structuring of sentences , but never called anyone stupid ! , as i was called here! ,no offence to you as i have posted and recieved replies from you and Chief many time , and never once have either of you made rude or degrading comments to anyone's intelligence , ,so in no way was this directed at either of you!!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Katana is not staff here Jim.
maybe he had a bad day or something.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:57 PM

Thank you for the info Steve ! as i didnt think you would allow someone on staff here to talk to someone as he did me! and sorry for making waves! didnt mean to cause a ruckus , by my making a comment on what i had read from the original post! , i hold no one on staff here responsible for other peoples actions or comments , other than making sure that they are made aware of their actions and that it wont happen anymore, to myself or others that read or post here!
I have learned a lot from these forums , on map building and other info that has helped me with tech issues, as well as made me laugh at times ! , and enjoy my visits here from time to time , ,that was the first time anyone has acted that way to me on any forum i have visited , and it was quite a let down , that people have to act that way towards others, as you might understand! , as i see it this is a place to learn and to teach , about games computers ,programs etc! and everyone should respect and be respected as such!
Old 09-27-2003, 08:04 PM

If you want to delete my posts on this topic , that is fine with me ! i see no point in dragging this any farther then it already has!
Old 09-28-2003, 04:04 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
iq 178, pfft i got 180...

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 09-28-2003, 04:59 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by JïmÐïr†
sorry Steve i should have said the post that was made from the excerpt taken from Nova's site, didnt mean to be misleading , but i have seen many comments, lets say "quoted" or whatever from Nova employees and have found quite a few mistakes in the spelling or structuring of sentences , but never called anyone stupid ! , as i was called here! ,no offence to you as i have posted and recieved replies from you and Chief many time , and never once have either of you made rude or degrading comments to anyone's intelligence , ,so in no way was this directed at either of you!!
Thanks for include me in that. Your up standing type of guy.
Wish you the best killing day of your life in the gaming fields of Delta Force: Serials. best wishes to you and happy hunting.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-28-2003, 05:22 AM
Chief ADFP

also like to state that the name rules was do to the new "novaworld.com member site" it had no then to with cheaters names at all.

www.novaworld.com up top you see it in "red button"
1.) log-in with your game log-in. its the same when you log-in to NW to play your game.

2.) player charter name will have a password to it also. ( game name that you use)

3.) if you never been to it after the remade it. you need to signup a bet, after a e-mail gose out to you. they are slow on sending that e-mail out. you get it in 24hrs or lease. click-on the link they give you in the e-mail. and you be up and running on their web-site.

4.) they are still doing some work on it. you see a popup item saying you been idol to long click-on ok. do this click-on it after really fast click-on you stop button (red ball with the X in it" this will say you from reloading back to front page, headack.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:32 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
also like to state that the name rules was do to the new "novaworld.com member site" it had no then to with cheaters names at all.
Quote:
Originally posted by MArcus Beer

1) It is now far quicker and easier to track and ban people who use cheats and trainers. This means we can act faster to protect the gaming experience on NovaWorld.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:28 AM
Chief ADFP

Yep StevieB
that is right, be easyer to copy the cheaters name now without trying look at it real hard to see what Charts they use in the text, that a good point, but they really did the update on the rule for the site to be its a plus on copying a name down and report them into NL.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:34 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Cheers for the headsup that easyer infact easier is. Im Dutch and not a Englis from origin. Also thats why i posted it. My bad i should have considered another choice of words.

Again my apologies for that.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here