Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 10-23-2023, 09:28 AM
Carcharadon is offline Carcharadon

“fallmps” und “breathtime”

Hi there,
somebody knows the Original Value of "fallmps" and "breathtime"? In some Maps i've played (for example Hardmaps) was a Value of 30 for "fallmps" and that was too high for my taste. Enemies were jumping from really high Mountains/Hills without dying. In the old Bearforce Mod for DFX was a Value 25 in the game.wac for "fallmps". I think, the Original Value could be 10 or 12. Any suggestions where i might find these Value? PFF? Same goes for "Breathtime".
Old 10-25-2023, 12:48 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

the fallmps tests i did some time back always protected falling players/ai on just about any value i set. if you want damage from falling, dont use fallmps. the only difference at times would be how far they fell.

but in definition, it was supposed to set an amount of how fast you were falling in relative speaking terms. some old mappers wanted to have their maps feel like old DF2 maps. i dont mind having it in maps that have a lot of vertical scaling, but it really should be used to make your map feel less gravitational.

as for values, keep adjusting until you have it where you like. i do not recall a specific set of values for fallmps, its just mapper preference really.

maybe someone else who has used them more often can give you some clarity.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:31 AM

Jabo, thank you for your response. I don't need it for mapmaking but to adjust these silly "fallmps 30 or 31" Values in other Maps WACs to a consistent Value for my LAN gaming. Therefore i need the Original Game Value .... to give it a Value between Original and silly 30.
Old 10-27-2023, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcharadon View Post
Jabo, thank you for your response. I don't need it for mapmaking but to adjust these silly "fallmps 30 or 31" Values in other Maps WACs to a consistent Value for my LAN gaming. Therefore i need the Original Game Value .... to give it a Value between Original and silly 30.
if there is a fallmps line in the wac file and you want it to be like the normal game where a player takes damage, just remove that line and resave the .wac file. like i mentioned before, any value written into a .wac file will give players some sort of protection.

Old 10-27-2023, 08:11 PM

is this for mp maps or coops?

Old 10-28-2023, 07:46 AM

I play only CoOp over LAN with my Wife & Son. Problem is, i want something between Original and 30 .... because for some Maps you need a little higher Value than Original but not as High as 30 or 31.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:03 AM

ok, think i know what you are trying to achieve. try a value of 15 and see if that is what you are looking for.