Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Campaign Lists In DFX2?

Campaign Lists In DFX2 ?

Q1.
Can I give the PLAY_BIK and PARAM command if I import some .bik files and/or a Bink Player into the main folder or do they need to be packed into the .PFF?

Q2.
What type of text file do I need to create to get the game to read it?
For example: Campaign.wac or Mission.cfg ???

Besides that and more importantly will DFX2 respond correctly to the following:

BEGIN MISSION
filename Trek_01.bms
campaign 1
mission 01
flags ALWAYS_AVAILABLE
END

BEGIN MISSION
filename Trek_02.bms
campaign 1
mission 02
END

BEGIN MISSION
filename Trek_03.bms
campaign 1
mission 03
flags CHECKPOINT

BEGIN MISSION
filename Trek_04.bms
campaign 1
mission 04
flags FINAL_CAMP

I just know you guys are itching to share your hard earned knowledge with everyone but I think it's a bit like the tale of Excalibur; only the worthy are able to use it
Old 12-20-2011, 02:32 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I think the bik.exe is in the game.bin file, one bik is a footer the other a header and then the one for the middle, thats the format for JOe, motors of both JOe and DFX2 are the same, I played with this but is more work than whats it's worth, you gotta be a experienced BHD mapper to get this right, what with camera angles and all

Campaign stuff with DFX2 is stilll a work of art you are on cutting edge stuff

"M"
Old 12-20-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
I think the bik.exe is in the game.bin file, one bik is a footer the other a header and then the one for the middle, thats the format for JOe, motors of both JOe and DFX2 are the same, I played with this but is more work than whats it's worth, you gotta be a experienced BHD mapper to get this right, what with camera angles and all

Campaign stuff with DFX2 is stilll a work of art you are on cutting edge stuff

"M"
Thank You for that "M"

Not good for sharing then,
it can only ever be a personal project because I wouldn't want people to have to modify their game to play my "Campaign" so I will drop that idea (temporarily) and continue with the "Campaign" without cut scenes.

I have had success with "Mission Linking" and have 4 maps in progress to make a huge single mission involving various scenarios with the destinations all tying in logically.

A "Campaign" is different in the sense of it having a "Win condition" in each map, not so with "Mission Linking" where only the last mission has the "win condition" set. The list of events triggering the "Win Condition" have to take take into account the outcomes of the previous maps. (harder)
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM

I have some Campaign stuff around I'll take a look later, I sent some to Dave V in Hu sometime back, but mission linking is the way to go, My maps frequently have 2 -3 maps to a mission, it's the only way to beat the 1200 item rule, but as you may notice, once the link has worked the player restarts with a damm knife, important to remember that and build it into the story,my current map Dfs04 (1-4) I've dropped a snowmobile in to replace the atv now adjusting the aip to purse the player, no it aint hokem...thats a chopper aip gotta write my own for the snowmobile.
As you may now see, theres way to much to work out even berfore you start mappng
theres some tools you'll need for DFX2, get hold of FwO_PFF_7. to get into the pff file.
BFC1Extract, to unzip. Texture Finder to locate the dds for the 3di. DDS Converter to flip the dds to jpeg for coloring in paint, but the best is DeSCR.exe. for unlocking all those .def files, but don't know if these work in DFX2.
good luck

"M"
Old 12-20-2011, 04:15 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Thank You for that "M"

Not good for sharing then,
it can only ever be a personal project because I wouldn't want people to have to modify their game to play my "Campaign" so I will drop that idea (temporarily) and continue with the "Campaign" without cut scenes.

I have had success with "Mission Linking" and have 4 maps in progress to make a huge single mission involving various scenarios with the destinations all tying in logically.

A "Campaign" is different in the sense of it having a "Win condition" in each map, not so with "Mission Linking" where only the last mission has the "win condition" set. The list of events triggering the "Win Condition" have to take take into account the outcomes of the previous maps. (harder)
The mission linking works when you use area triggers to link maps together. The area trigger mission links are seperate from the campaign maps that NOVA intended.

Don't confuse the two together, Stomp.

You can still use the same maps that you make to create a campaign within your DFX2 .pff folders. You just cumstomize them for Campaigns.

But for the people who'll play your campaign you'll have to make a pack.exe so they can install your campaign map files into their DFX2 .pff files.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
I have some Campaign stuff around I'll take a look later, I sent some to Dave V in Hu sometime back, but mission linking is the way to go, My maps frequently have 2 -3 maps to a mission, it's the only way to beat the 1200 item rule, but as you may notice, once the link has worked the player restarts with a damm knife, important to remember that and build it into the story,my current map Dfs04 (1-4) I've dropped a snowmobile in to replace the atv now adjusting the aip to purse the player, no it aint hokem...thats a chopper aip gotta write my own for the snowmobile.
As you may now see, theres way to much to work out even berfore you start mappng
theres some tools you'll need for DFX2, get hold of FwO_PFF_7. to get into the pff file.
BFC1Extract, to unzip. Texture Finder to locate the dds for the 3di. DDS Converter to flip the dds to jpeg for coloring in paint, but the best is DeSCR.exe. for unlocking all those .def files, but don't know if these work in DFX2.
good luck

"M"
PFF DDS files are nincompoops in DFX2, must be some new format inside (3di only) then a script link
Old 12-21-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dave, got your PM
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
PFF DDS files are nincompoops in DFX2, must be some new format inside (3di only) then a script link
Yeah they got some type of winzip going on in DFX1 we got BFC1Extract.exe but this dfx2 is an obvious upgrade so we wait for some geeky guy to make BFC2Extract.exe
By then DFAF will be out then hopefully BFC3Extract.exe will be on it's way...constanly behind the 8 ball

Nova need to lock up there assets, as it's all they got

"M"
Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 PM

They could ask the AW2 mod team for new assets, they have so many excellent models now, pity is I can not install it (AW2 Mod) because it requires JOTR/JOE it doesn't work with JO Combined Arms Gold (which is all I could get)...because of discrete code changes.mmmmmmm?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM
V497-Vesper-aD- is offline V497-Vesper-aD-

Getting Custom Intros to play in DFX/DFX2

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a way to get my DFX/DFX2 games to play an Intro file and i need to know 2 things, 1, how do you convert a .AVI/.WMV file to a . bik file and 2, how do you get your DFX/DFX2 game to play the intro files as they open?