Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
And take out the steering wheel too while you're at it.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
They stole my Catalytic converter too, that cost me $330 to replace. Freakers.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

i wouldnt even have bothered for that, i took mine off years ago, had to, got leaves and such shoved into the heat shield and samurai smelled like pine trees , took it off because i thought it was gona burst into flame.

aanother reason i got rid of it, most are extreamly restrictive and cut the hell out of power, unless you are lucky enough to have a grid type that is free flowing, most are of the bead type and kill ya power.

what kindof system ya got on it? the best place to end the exhaust is right behind the rear axle, that is where i have found the best power at, by varying the length of the pipes ya can put ya torque peakanywhere ya want it.

but dont go past back axle, or it will suffer, and dont cut the pipe off close to the manifold, ya lose to much heat and it kills power.

id also sugest a 180* thermistat, most have the 200*+ in them to make the engine run hoter to burn the raw fuel that is being dumped in the cylnder by direct port injection, that hogh of temp makes the life cut in half.

but it they inspect the car where u live, find a old burnt out catastrophic converter and take the insides out and just slide it over the exhaust where it is supposed to go and weld a bead around both ends, it look like ya got one but it is just a free thru.

ive also got my EGR pluged with two 177cal pellets, that thing is a serious vacum leak, or ya can just add a shim under it blocking off the passage to the EGR, just make shure it is the same shape as the EGR base so they will just think it a gasket.

they say ya gota have this stuff in certain places, they just dont specify if it has to work or not, minor rule infraction, lol.

those are some old street racer tricks for stingy epa controll places.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 09-14-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
"ath-hole"

Can`t pass emissions without one bro...

BTW what's the best anti-theft device to get?

Steering column locks, gear shift locks?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:50 PM

they run emission sniffers where ya live?

if they dont use sniffers then the chances of them finding out is slim to none.

best method i have found is to remove the coil wire, or if it had distributor remove the rotor button, they wont be able to crank it without these, unless one by miricle has one in their pocket.

stering locks are alright but the chances of ya finding a key thatll fit one from another1 is great, pluuss most ya can hack thru with a hacksaw with carbide teeth in 30sec.

gear shift locks are alright but most take modifications to secure it down and any1 with a crowbar can pop it out of the floor.

but most security devices are more of deturent items than theft prevenative devices, so they would help in a way.

what kindof shifter ya got, floor type or colum type.

would tell ya to build a coil driver and attatch to body to float a 40Kv film over the car, but that is lawsuit teritory and it will most certainly fry the electronic ignition.

or like Chrispy said, get a race type stering wheel and take it inside when y a leave the car, lol.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 09-14-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 AM
"ath-hole"

I have a manual shifter on the floor.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:33 AM

ok, so the shifter lock would work.

just most have to have a bracket that is bolted to floor, if ya use that method, make a plate that goes under the car and thrubolt it, that way if any1 tries to pull it out of the floor it will pull a big chunk out b4 it pulls the bolts out.

and use grade 8bolts, the way you tell this is the head has a series of lines going from center to outside, it will have 6 lines and look like the one in the picture.

add 2 to this and you have 8, that is how you read bolts.

that works with grade 8 and down.

ya can also use what i came up with a few years back, a pedal lock, it locks to the clutch pedal and prevents it from being pressed, i also got one for the gas pedal.

i can still drive a manual tranny witout the clutch pedal, thats the reason i came up with the gas pedal lock.

or ya can if ya got the lever type E-brake, rais it up where it is engaged really good and drill a hole in the part just under the handle, and insert a padlock in it.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 09-15-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
*ya can if ya got the lever type E-brake, rise it up where it is engaged really good and drill a hole in the part just under the handle, and insert a padlock in it.

*ya can also use what i came up with a few years back, a pedal lock, it locks to the clutch pedal and prevents it from being pressed, i also got one for the gas pedal.

love that Id may try it as will some time i get around to it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Can`t pass emissions without one bro...

BTW what's the best anti-theft device to get?

Steering column locks, gear shift locks?
Get all of 'em, baby!
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 AM
"ath-hole"

eh, I just got theft insurance. I hope they jack it next March....