Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Most Politicians I know of spend money to hire others to make the money for them. Hence, election commitees. They do nothing but travel around telling the people what they want to hear and get a small percentage if any of what they promised ever completed while in office.
Sure their are many volunteers, but they are nerds, lol. I'm not saying nerds are bad. We need over acheived brains doing things, lol. -troj

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
Mine is better.
Well let's hear it! In the very least PM it to me
Old 03-22-2005, 11:14 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
They wanted more $$$ man!!

One of these days I'll post a hand written letter, here on the forum, I got from Dubya

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-22-2005, 11:16 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Interesting and varied responces there guys and maybe we get the politicians we deserve?

Regards a some what cynical Baddog

"Don't vote for the buggers it only encourages them" Billy Conolly.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 AM

I doubt anyone deserves "what" we have now in office.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
For the record, I have never voted Democrat.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:23 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

That dear DD is the price of democracy for all of us where ever we may be! It may be a lousy system in many ways but it's the only one we have and inspite of my cynical nature it's a system I think we all prefer.

Regards
Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

It's not a perfect system but it works.

Article V of the United States Marine Corps Code of Conduct: When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service, number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

Although Kerry wasn't a POW nor a U.S. Marine in the Veitnam war, he made disloyal oral and written statements about his country and allies and was harmful to it's cause. And you wonder why this rich punk didn't get in office?

-troj

Old 03-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by troj

Article V of the United States Marine Corps Code of Conduct: When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service, number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

Although Kerry wasn't a POW nor a U.S. Marine in the Veitnam war, he made disloyal oral and written statements about his country and allies and was harmful to it's cause. And you wonder why this rich punk didn't get in office?

-troj
No comments.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2005, 05:46 PM
JonM is offline JonM

hmm i will trust them, after i see what choices they make for a while. some i can trust, some i can't...we have to remember they have a hard job, because they got their opinion + the 1,000,000 others
Old 03-22-2005, 07:24 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

"There has'nt been an honest politician since Andrew Jackson."
Ulysses S. Grant 18th president of the USA.
"I've yet to see a politician that has'nt retired a rich man" KU43 It's good men and women that put good politicans in office. It's just to bad that good men and women don't vote!

Last edited by KU43; 03-22-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:59 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Well we may not all believe or trust our policitians but at least we can vote them out of power when we've had enough of them.

Imagine living in a country such as North Korea or China where the idea of democracy is totally alien, there your stuck with what ever corrupt bastard grabs power and usually when they seize power they remain there for life.

I think it's a good thing most of us have a healthy skepticism about out politicians.

Regards
Old 03-23-2005, 08:48 AM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Quote:
For the record, I have never voted Democrat.
You can fish with me anytime.
<:{{{}}}><

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:17 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
HECK NO!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:

Although Kerry wasn't a POW nor a U.S. Marine in the Vietnam war, he made disloyal oral and written statements about his country and allies and was harmful to it's cause. And you wonder why this rich punk didn't get in office?

-troj
US-Army Code of Conduct is basic the same too.

Ref; Kerry
I am a vet and that sums it up for me, on how i feel about Kerry. why could they have gotting a better person then him, sorry they must have been hurting to pick him to run.

Troj: i don't know wbout the US-Navy or the US-Marine Corps in the US-Army we have to report to high up in the chaing command if there any personnal is breaking the Code of Conduct must be reported in. what he did he Flame us all and did not use his Chaing command to get it fixed. he left the service and flame america about it. bad move.

H, R, Cliton i think i would have voted for her over Kerry do to seen her in action and she don't seem to like b/s she upfront i think. anyways most of them can't be trusted and they are somes ways two face.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-23-2005, 06:05 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Hilary Clinton is a moron and is just as low as Kerry. She just doesn't look as ugly as him...but she is close.

They are both sleazy and you can tell it just by their disposition ( bet I spelled it wrong ).
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

I agree with EDGE. Poli-chickens cant be trusted, they lie and do stupid things. All they do is sit about in some huge office and carry on liek a bunch of kids screaming and trying to tell on each other to 'mr speaker' IDIOTS!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Hilary Clinton is a moron and is just as low as Kerry. She just doesn't look as ugly as him...but she is close.

They are both sleazy and you can tell it just by their disposition ( bet I spelled it wrong ).
I couldn't agree more, though if I had to choose, I'd pick Kerry. He definately seems like the lesser evil.

On this note, who do you think is going to get it for the dems and republicans next go round? I'm almost certain it'll be Hillary for the dems, but I'm not sure about the other. I'd like to see Rudy Giuliani in there. However, I wonder if he could beat Hillary. One that might be a wild card is Condoleeza Rice. It would be interesting to see that fight, Rice vs. Clinton...
Old 03-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Bullet
I couldn't agree more, though if I had to choose, I'd pick Kerry. He definately seems like the lesser evil.

On this note, who do you think is going to get it for the dems and republicans next go round? I'm almost certain it'll be Hillary for the dems, but I'm not sure about the other. I'd like to see Rudy Giuliani in there. However, I wonder if he could beat Hillary. One that might be a wild card is Condoleeza Rice. It would be interesting to see that fight, Rice vs. Clinton...
yea i agreed with you, who they next fool who run up for the oval office job.

mostly who get the troops back home and get the darn job done. i only wish Iraq was over as Kuwait was done in and out, but they still had a groverment as for Iraq they were kill or jail up. not much there to go on. only wish the other states near there butt out and let Iraq take it into their hands and let us get out. we know they need a new armforces to build up, but after that point we can leave
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]