Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:13 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I have never heard of that before.
Makes sense, but it sounds to me like a corporate interpretation of recent US law change demanding all software is certified to US Govt. standards.
Not in fact a Microsoft initiative so much as an exploitation of the denial of rights led by George Bush.

Always makes me giggle that the 'Land of the Free' has more human privacy rights infringements than any other western country bar Greece.
Did you know the record companies can use Kazaa now to legally hack your PC and report you to the authorities if they suspect you have too much MP3 and are therefore a copyright infringer.
Of course this privacy outrage is only legal in the 'Land of the Free!'

But doubtless it will come.

I cant see that sitting on an old tired system is particularly fighting the system though.
XPs anti-piracy thing isnt fool proof either.....

Old 08-07-2003, 02:33 PM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

I use my Comp for 2 things. To play games and to make Skins for various games.If one of you XP lovers can explain to me how XP would make my Games or my PhotoShop run any faster or better I will consider switching.
I dont mean "it's better cause its newer" **** either.
I want technical quotes relating to data transfer rates, graphics performance.Memory Usage etc...
From what Iv'e read on the web XP offers no difference in gameplay performance.These things are decided by my hardware.Not my OS

As for the pretty rounded edges and drop shadow on all the windows.... wooopie!! who cares lol

Oh and by the way I play alot of games that require joysticks. I have 3 joysticks hooked up. A flight stick, A game Pad , and a Steering Wheel.

98 lets me change the assigned number of my joysticks at will.
Does XP? Let me answer that for you.No it doesnt.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:39 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
well depending on what you doing, xp is better (for me) because it runs on windows NT (5.1 if im nto mistaken) and NT is good for some of the stuff i do, also xp will detect any number of usb devices if they're plugged in, and most of the time install the necessary drivers for them, if not it will ask for the disk.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:12 PM
TexasRattler is offline TexasRattler

I have never had any type of warning with what I have. Only problem I get is the occassional sysdump error or saved file text. I don't have a high end computer but it's pretty good.

There is one thing I would like to ask. Anyone have any problem when you first get into the servers list? When I first get in there, it sends me back to my desktop. It only does that when I first go into the servers list, never has done it once I have already been there. Example, I click on the game and it starts and everything, then sign in, then click on join, then it loads the servers, then it sends me back to my desktop once the servers have loaded. When I go back into the game, the server loads normal. Any ideas what's causing this?

My specs:
Windows ME
384 MB
1.2 ghz AMD Athlon
80 gb hard drive with 8 MB cache
GeForce4 TI 4200 64 MB DDR
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Connection - Cable(Road Runner)
Old 08-17-2003, 05:38 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
How good are Road Runner connections? I'm considering switching from DSL to cable and want some info on the providers ie. which is the best to get.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 08-17-2003, 07:20 PM
TexasRattler is offline TexasRattler

Road Runner is good. Have had it for the last couple of years. If you just have Road Runner's basic service(which I think most go with) you can get up to 512k for about $44.99. You can also get 1MB for $79.99 or 3MB for like $120 or somewhere in that range. Cable in my opinon is better than DSL. The closer you are to a server, the better connection you will get.

*Note* - Price's are from Central Texas, to get exact prices call your local cable company.