Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Internet Account Trading: Is your's next?

EA is at the moment buying up user accounts from other game makers and building their data base of? intent. Don't be suprised if you get one telling you that your account is being transferred to EA if you don't the games are cancelled (threat) I had one from Pop Cap Games
so I said keep them. I've had enough of EA and refuse to hand my details over to them in such a manner as this...

Quote:
Gorf128 Steam Forums

Grid is offline permanently. You need to use a third-party gaming community.

Am I the only cynic who thinks they do this to maintain a market for their latest games, and keep the money coming in?
Quote:
Stompem1960 Steam Forums

Not in the realm of untruths, the only place they would admit it is in the board room.
I still cannot use Battlefield 3 because the game is so retarded by bad code and a resource hogging login with several programs running all linked together even to run single player mode which crashes after 5 minutes, also my anti-virus software doesn't like it. I thought steam was bad! Boy this latest cr*p between EA and Origin takes the cake.
Quote:
Refex Bigpond News Nation

It is a scary thought, especially for those people who have played some games for many years or on some sites they have came over the years to trust.

Over those years you find many people have given out very personal and sometimes financial details as their trust in both the site and the firm which they were dealing with grew.

To some it may seem very strange that people are worried about this sort of business transaction on the internet, and that people should have expected it and not been willing to give over their information over the internet in any case.But for many that play on these sites and within the gaming community, there was a trust built up over the years that this sort of thing would not be an issue, and rarely would even a hardened security freak think about how this may, in the future play out.