Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:39 AM
tasunkawitko is offline tasunkawitko

the dreaded black screen

alright guys - help me through this before my withdrawl pains kick in. and please (i am asking this with respect), no condescending remarks about how old DF1 is, how no one plays it anymore etc. thanks in advance.

Here's the deal - CD was destroyed last November, and between moving, new job etc. it wasn't until now that I finally replaced it. I have DSL at our new place, so I went through the procedures of opening up firewall ports for Df as instructed on the novalogic site.

Unfortunately, when I went to connect to novaworld, it would not let me do so. I got an error message stating that it cannot connect to the URL. Looking for an answer, I did some digging around and found something called the DF1 pinger, and from there learned of a new patch, which seems to have updated my program to direct to the correct url to novaworld's lobby. The link below will elaborate, if you are interested:

http://novalogic.com/download/NLExePatcher.exe

problem now is that, even though I can now get the lobby, I can't seem to join a game as I am getting the dreaded black screen with nothing after that. Not sure if this is firewall-related or not, but according to the instructions at novaworld, that should be all good.

the game version reads as: 1.00.03.01P - (what's up with the P?). i have an external DSL modem and as far as i know, no router. i have set the firewall ports to whatever number specified on novalogic's site. i've tried shutting off the firewall and as far as i can tell, that hasn't helped either.

i can see games in the lobby such as SCAR free for all etc., but only get a black screen when i try to join them. i tried hosting a game, but no one joined, so i don't know if i am actually hosting them or not.

any other ideas?

thanks.....

Last edited by tasunkawitko; 09-22-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
What firewall are you using? Make sure it's allowed DF1 to use the online connection.

Also, I get a letter "P" on my version as well - don't worry.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-22-2007, 01:14 AM

hi, chrispy - thanks for the quick reply.

i am using windows firewall for winxp. i have tried following the directions at novalogic (opening ports UDP 3568 and 3569) and have also tried shutting the firewall off completely with no success. i only have one DSL modem for one computer so as far as i know, i don't think i have a router, whatever the $#%# that is.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
A router's basically a device that determines the paths to travel between networks.

When running DF1 online, you should've gotten a warning message from Windows Firewall asking to block the game or not. Did you ever see that? (I'm sure you could still play online even with the warning message intact lol.)

I use Windows Firewall as well.

Try uninstalling DF1 completely, delete the whole game folder, then reinstall (backup your saves if you want).

Also, you might want to experiment with drivers and update, rollback, etc. I'm not sure really.

Someone here might help you out better mate.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
if you did not already know this

you update the game first using the older update, after then use the new server update NLExePatcher.exe

all so it will not run in Windows Xp you need to make a DF1 shortcut to desktop then edited the setting to run in windows 98/Me

right click-on the shortcut lookup properities click-on it, then you be in the shortcut option above.

then try to play the game.

NLExePatcher.exe is not a full update! only patch the game to connect to new servers address only. they move to a new location 's
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Amorphis is offline Amorphis

Send a message via ICQ to Amorphis Send a message via AIM to Amorphis Send a message via Yahoo to Amorphis
dudes. i think novaworld should do something about this black screen deal. cuz i opened up my ports n' used will's update and all that BS and the **** still does not work! im still gettin that black screen.

·::. DFsnipers - SOTW 1;2;6
·::. DF1maps - SOTW 16;21
·::. DFcentral - SOTW 2;6
·::. Assaulter - SOTW 10

«·::·» Sons of Liberty Tourney 1vs1 SAW Champion
«·::·» Sons of Liberty Tourney 1vs1 M40A1 Champion
«·::·» DFcentral Season I TDM Champions ·afh·

«·::·» NvG Sniper Team Death VII -runner up-
«·::·» DFsnipers Season II Sniper 1vs1 -runner up-

«.::.» DFcentral Golden Web Award

Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 PM

guys -

thanks for the replies - i'll see what i can find out~
Old 09-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Amorphis
dudes. i think novaworld should do something about this black screen deal. cuz i opened up my ports n' used will's update and all that BS and the **** still does not work! im still gettin that black screen.
gee did you even updated it at all, there are twoo update you need for it

install in this order other wise you may get error
1.) game update
2.) server location update

game plays good for me! thats all i did

install it right off the Cd then use the two updates
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Jckl is offline Jckl

what kind of modem did you receive. Most dsl companys are sending units that are a router, modem and firewall all in one.

http://www.projekt6.com
http://www.SteadfastWebSolutions.com - Need web development or Hosting? Visit us!