Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 05-28-2006, 04:10 PM
~SoV~Truck is offline ~SoV~Truck

Final Conflict Install Problem

Hi there - I'm trying to install the Final Conflict Mod. For reasons I've never understood, my computer boots and runs everything from my F drive and not my C drive. The problem is that the Final Conflict mod won't install anywhere but my C drive.

When installing, I've used the browse button and specified the F drive and I've even manually over-typed the C to F, but regardless of what I specify, it directs the install to the C drive.

I've always run BHDTS from my F drive because that's the drive I boot from and it's the drive that my Novalogic folder and all the program files were originally installed on. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help, I'd really like to try Final Conflict!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
do you have another drive labelled 'c'?

as long as you dont have another hard drive called 'c' then you can just rename the drive.

right click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management > right click on the drive > Change Drive Letter and Paths

then change it to C.

i think that is the only answer to your problem. unfortunatley the mod appears to be setup incorrectly. but i bet if you tell the Final Conflict creators, they might be able to fix it.

i'm not familiar with the mod, but it might just be a case of the shortcut points to the wrong dir, or something. might be worth mentioning it to them.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:18 PM
~SoV~Truck is offline ~SoV~Truck

I do have two other drives, C and D, so, unfortunately, this won't fix the problem. I attempted to contact the developer, United Mappers Federation (UMF), by goint to their website, but it appears that their website is closed. Any other ideas?

Last edited by ~SoV~Truck; 05-28-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
hmm not really, short of reinstalling the game on C :/