Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:09 AM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BLÃÐE~
All i can say is good luck!

I have send over 50 emails to find out about being an Offical Fan Site (entered in the fan site comp)

I didn't even get a mention in that area so i asked what i have to do to an Offical Nova Fan site, no relpy.

I posted on Nova World Forums, an admin closed the thread and said they will be incontact with me, 4 mths ago. More PM's were sent, the reply was "ill pass it on to the correct area"
You can get Fans @ Home depote you dont need to goto a Fan website
Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by ~BLÃÐE~
All i can say is good luck!

I have send over 50 emails to find out about being an Offical Fan Site (entered in the fan site comp)

I didn't even get a mention in that area so i asked what i have to do to an Offical Nova Fan site, no relpy.

I posted on Nova World Forums, an admin closed the thread and said they will be incontact with me, 4 mths ago. More PM's were sent, the reply was "ill pass it on to the correct area"
feel the same way

it only funny what they think a fan site is a squad that has a site up and running not a resource site at all.

NovaHq (DFHQ) is the top dog when it come to a fan site i don't care what Novaworld or novalogic.inc think. it were the fan hang out and come together to talk and make the game better thats count in my book.

i think the Staff here did a great job and the member support each other the best way to help each other is talk about what you having trouble with. not some hopeful site thats don't work 100% all the time and lag like crazy.

you ever log-in Novaworld only get a error message please come back again at a later time really bugs me. and that time out log kills it for me.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-04-2005 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:24 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
feel the same way

it only funny what they think a fan site is a squad that has a site up and running not a resource site at all.

NovaHq (DFHQ) is the top dog when it come to a fan site i don't care what Novaworld or novalogic.inc think. it were the fan hang out and come together to talk and make the game better thats count in my book.

i think the Staff here did a great job and the member support each other the best way to help each other is talk about what you having trouble with. not some hopeful site thats don't work 100% all the time and lag like crazy.

you ever log-in Novaworld only get a error message please come back again at a later time really bugs me. and that time out log kills it for me.
Well, I kinda managed to get NovaHQ (then DFHQ) on Marcus Beer's (MB) "good book". Heck! he was even visited us once or twice. I don't know what happened after that. Guess I lost interest in NL, in general, and BHD, in specific, and NL decided to torpedo major fan sites (DF3.Net for one) using NovaWorld.
Everything looked going their way but now it seems things have started looking up for the fan sites again. What NL doesn't realize is that they can't win over fans with nifty looking sites and paying temporary attention to fans. But it requires lot more dedication, in terms of resources and people, and constant attention to detail. Something they seem to be incapable of doing.

I believe NovaHQ has come a long way from it's inception. I also believe it has lot more potential to go further and become a major "portal", if you may, to reflect the needs, hopes, and wishes of DF community. I just hope that the people running it know that they are doing great job and they have us, the fans, behind them.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

This isnt aimed at anyone thats posted here or in responce to a paricular post.

Just for the record, we are a novalogic official fan site (well dfhq.net is anyway) infact on the list at NL website were listed twice. and ve been told that NL people stop by regularly.

Ive never had a problem with novalogic, they may not be the most communicative company in the world butthey sure arent as bad as a lot of others where your put on the phone for 48 hours with tedious music before you get to someone. That siad Novalogic have usually done the right thing by me, ive only sent 1 email that i havent got a responce too (of those that required a responce) infact ive even helped their webby by pointing out a serious error they had on their site once, they fixed it and sent their thanks.

Nova isnt a big company by any stetch, they probably dont have a huge budget so personally id rather them spend time and money on developing the games, and leave the community bit up to the fansites, it seems to have worked so far.

No-one is forcing anyone to play nova's games, but it seems that the very people that complain about substandard games and cheats and this and that are the ones that report on the forums about the new NL game a day after its come out and that is the reason NL dosent use resources on these people THEYLL BUY THE GAME NO MATTER WHAT! because their still fine games. If a public company did that, id bet money the FCC would be investigating quicker than it takes congress to set up an inquiry into the famous 'costume slip' during the super-bowl half time show.

Anyway, i maintain that the slight imperfections in the games publishd by NL actually help make the community, we wouldnt be half as active if NL developeed and released the perfect game, alot of people wouldnt have joined if they didnt need help!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*

Just for the record, we are a novalogic official fan site (well dfhq.net is anyway) infact on the list at NL website were listed twice. and ve been told that NL people stop by regularly.

Nova isnt a big company by any stetch, they probably dont have a huge budget so personally id rather them spend time and money on developing the games, and leave the community bit up to the fansites, it seems to have worked so far.

Hmmm ... isn't that what I said too?

Quote:
Old 03-04-2005, 11:49 AM

eek Finally the reply ...

Sent : Friday, March 4, 2005 5:35 PM
To : *************************** Edit for privacy
Subject : RE: DELTA FORCE: Next Gen

Hi there,

All new information for DF:NG will be released to NovaWorld and community sites as soon as it is available. We plan to release screens v.shortly, however, there are no plans for a demo at this time.

Thanks

Marcus

Marcus Beer
Public Relations Manager
Novalogic Inc.
Tel: 818 880 4997 ext 178. Fax: 818 880 3450
www.novalogic.com
www.novaworld.com
Old 03-06-2005, 01:16 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

I hope valve does a better job than zombie did on task force dagger, or is it task force lagger? Any way what a hachet job.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:20 PM

Found something interesting

Doing a search for "Delta Force" >here< give all DF games. But UVGames' site still doesn't have the pic for DFNG, as on NL's site. So, are they really "supporting" this development effort?

Quote:
Old 03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Well, he said the SS's would be out soon so that means probably a day before the game comes out.

Stupid sleazy company. I think they went way downhill since Comanche 4 was release.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:53 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Re: Open letter to Marcus Beer

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
Hi MB,

I posted couple of message on NW's PR section but didn't get any reply. .

The reason is NL has not kept in touch with its core fans and after being disappointed again and again, lot of people, like myself, just gave up. I even tried JO and JOE but it does not have the same gaming experience as DF1, DF2, and LW. It's not how many bells and whistles NL includes in its new game that sells the games, it's the quality of gaming experience that does it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

DevilDog#1
It's not the core fans that they are concerned with. It's the core-return on the whole project. If Nova craps on my favorite game and dissapoints me one more time. I will never buy another Nova game as long as I live. I will just host DF1 via Internet. I am saving my hostility thinking Nova actually cares! LOL ! OMG ! I am DYING ! LMAO ! I can't believe I put those 2 words in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence! . I am crossing my fingers,toes, eyes and everything i have a pair of , hoping I am not seting myself up for a huge disappointment. It would be my fault , seeing as how Nova has forgotten about me a long time ago. Oh ya BTW ..add this for me :

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Hi Marcus! heh -troj

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Is there a projected possible date for the release of this new game?

Regards
Old 03-21-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
Is there a projected possible date for the release of this new game?

Regards
Check this thread please. I'm working on getting "projected possible date for the release "

Quote:
Old 03-22-2005, 03:30 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Thanks DD!!!!

Regards