Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 11-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Jarhead*CP* is offline Jarhead*CP*

How do I lower my ping?

Could someone please tell me some ways to lower my ping on BHD? I have Comcast and it has never given me problems before, so I need some advice on something I can do to lower it.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
new router, and sometimes there is bandwidth caps set on the router

Old 11-05-2005, 05:05 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Ok guys give a warm welcoming to my other CO of *CP* Jarhead who has changed his name alot and signed up today for NovaHQ! He doesent post much anywhere and he needs some help with Windows XP!

Ive gave him all the ideas ive used for ping issues! Everytime he joins a server he gets punted like i once did!

Things i know he can do that i can help him with hes tried are!

Check for Trojans,Spyware,and Adaware!
Lower his firewall setting!
Clear his BHD Cache!
No need for Safe Mode PC Scan for Trojans
Hes tried reinstalling BHD/BHD:TS many times!
He said he had latest updates for Video Card and Windows most likely!

I read here somewhere that Chief was helping someone with he may need to sat up permissions with his firewall though but we use different OS's and hes got Xp and cant find out how to find his ip address!

If anyone knows how to find it for XP when you click run tell him!

Other info

His virus scanner/firewall is McAfee
Windows Operating System- Win. XP
Connection- Cable
Computer-Well its a really dang good Computer which ill have him post his system info here!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 PM

My PC has a Pentium 4 with 3.4GHz, it has 500MB of hard drive, it has 1GB of RAM, and it runs a ping of around 35-75 on other games, the only one that i'm having troubles with is BHD....if there are any hints, please let me know.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok
1.) don't have firewall in stealthmod when playing the game.
2.) have less items running to connect to the internet. (software checking for update's). or downloading files. ping go up when the bandwith is taken up.

the thing you find out is DF:BHD-TS, JOTR-E, DF:Xtreme they connect in 3ways when feeding data back and forth to the host site. this were stealthmod kills it, beside not letting the party be pinged or portscan by Novaworld, after a time it will block it. basic disable the sealthmod should do it.
===========================================
[Router setting]
How do I configure my router to play Delta Force Black Hawk Down?

Answer:
If you are simply going to join multiplayer games you shouldn’t need to change your router settings, however if you plan to host games on NovaWorld you’ll need to assign your computer as a "DMZ" server (thus allowing other computers access to your server) or allow inbound services on UDP port 17479.

Here are example steps for configuring a Netgear ProSafe firewall/router. If you require help configuring your router contact your router’s manufacturer.

Start up Internet Explorer and type the http://192.168.0.1 in the address box, then enter your name and password (admin and password are the default)

The router’s settings page should be displayed. Click on the option “Services” to the left and then select the option “Add custom service”. Name the service BHD, set the type to UDP, then set the start and finish port to 17479. Apply these settings and then click on “rules” on the left-hand side of your screen.

Under “Inbound services” select “Add”. Select BHD from the list of services presented. Select “Allow always” for the action. Then put your computer’s IP address for the “Send to LAN server” field. WAN users should be set to “Any”. The “log” setting can be set as you see fit. If you want players to be able to determine the ping time to your server from the game server list, you must check the option, “Respond to ping on Internet WAN port”. Apply these settings and your firewall should be configured to allow you to host Delta Force Black Hawk Down.

"mainly for hosting the game"
Source: http://www.novalogic.com/kb_article.asp?ID=9
===========================================
a bit of update on my end:
i had windows xp pro back then, i down graded to windows xp home now, seem my tech had a person taken his lic and give the key-code to the world, will anyways i had to go out get a Windows Cd being cheap i got the home version.

tell him to goto main home page were and to the right down the side he see: Whats My Ip? "click-on" it then he can tell you what it is.

Miscellaneous
Become Affiliates
Whats My Ip? "if it don't show he's in stealthmod"
Tell A Friend
Sig Hosting
Newsletter
Reviews
History
Credits
Arcade
Stats
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-06-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
I can help him with his router since ive configured Linksys alot but i think he has some corrupt files or he needs to fix his firewall permissions for Gaming like u stated in another post!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-08-2005, 05:38 PM

well, how exactly do i disable stealth mode and what do you mean by going to main home page and click Whats My IP?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Chief ADFP

look maybe you did not see this look on the main page here: www.novahq.net on the right side 1/2 down you see this area listed:

Miscellaneous
Become Affiliates
Whats My Ip? "if it don't show he's in stealthmod"
Tell A Friend
Sig Hosting
Newsletter
Reviews
History
Credits
Arcade
Stats

it counts looking your settings there you find sealthmod or block portscan disable them.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 PM

Hes using a Windows Security Center Firewall that comes with his computer and i did a search o nman ytutorials for it for XP and cant find how to disable it he knows hes in stealth mode and he cant find the stealth mode uncheck box anywhere!

Heres SS of his Firewall

I even checked this tutorial out on his firewall which this is how his firewall looks from the ss in the tutorial here
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0204.mspx

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
navysea| is offline navysea|

Send a message via ICQ to navysea| Send a message via AIM to navysea|
try updating the router firmwire!

Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Chief ADFP

he has dailup, he did not release what he had.

windows firewall only i got him to change over to another firewall for now. still in the works
Old 11-08-2005, 10:04 PM

LMAO Chief Jar has Cable! I was kidding about Dial Up remember said just kidding lol!

Yo navy thanx for your post!

Nah Good Ole Chief helped him fix it! Thanx again Chief!

I know one weird thing that started ever since i installed Pinger like 5th time it pings servers like 900 or above sometimes and sometimes 4-8 when on Pinger too! Weird never seen it do that! I can play like a few maps so and get T and R sometimes i can play 8 but i think it has to do with my spyware im going to remove tonight lol look its almost to dangerous!
http://www.webroot.com/services/audi...sid=1827701330

Removed 2 CWS Trojans other day!
About to use avast tonight!

Also Chief if i downloaded Zone Alarm would i have to do the same thing Jar did with his settings if so i have how yall did it saved!

Hes having fun with his game now!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Chief ADFP

Also Chief if i downloaded Zone Alarm would i have to do the same thing Jar did with his settings if so i have how yall did it saved!

asker:

it basic really zone alarm auto set, only when a new program wish's to connect to the internet it flash a warning and you ether let it connect or block it.

in all case Zone alarm watches every thing and if a program do something that is not right the tech-support will get a notice of the action, and it will block it.

sample: let say IE6 was doing ok, till a virus got to it or a hacker, it started to upload info that was not normal, then Zonealarm will put a stop to it.

it has many option for programs and E-bay security setting to.

but in most case setting it up is not hard those were the basic things to do. as it instill it will disable windows firewall and it will walk you through the steps.

at the end of instill it will ask what version of zonealarm you wish to use "Zonealarm a lot checks in it" or Zonealarm only one check in it"

pick the one check only. it free and if you have another anti-virus program and remover adware/spyware scann then all you need is the stander freebie one.

the pro-zonealarm cost money and i don't know how good the anti-virus or the adware/spyware are. i use Spysweeper, and lavasoft, spybot items. spysweeper on all the time. i exit out to play a game online but i enable it to go searching or read things online it really good.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-15-2005 at 10:19 PM.