Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:46 AM
shadowsix is offline shadowsix

Sad Cant get copter to land

I am building my own training ground (missed the one that is in LW) so I'm building my own and it works beautifully except for one part.

When I added in a copter for the player to ride in on I can't get it to land at the last waypoint!?!

I've tried using the tutorial on this site "Events - Make your helicopter land" and have followed it exactly but no matter what I do the helo is about 100 feet up when it reachs the last waypoint and stays there.

I've setup the event, waypoint, and chopper exactly like it says to get it to land but it wont.

I wanted to do a fly around the field of battle first then come to a landing so I have more than two waypoints like in the example but the last waypoint id & number + chopper SSN are set in the "if" event and SSN, waypoint id, & land in the "then" event just like in the example but it won't land.

The only real thing different in character from the example is that my chopper is not set to hover so it starts from the ground (but I set it to hover once to see if it would make a difference but it didn't).

I love all of the DF series (especially this one with the new graphics & AI) but need to get past this mission editor issue so that I can finish then & then create others

Thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
make hte event change the copters speed to 0 at the waypoint. it will land.

unfortunatley usign the land event, when set up correctly, will make the helo land and turn off its roters.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:30 PM

Thank you very much StevieB for the info. I will go and try that.

You wouldn't happen to know how to use the "User Drivable Moterized River Boat" would you?

From the description it sounded like it should be drivable by the player but when I put it in another mission I am developing and played it I couldn't find a way to use it. Or is it that I am taking the wrong meaning from its description?

Best Regards
Ross
Old 01-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
as far as i know there is no way to use it with the standard game. some ppl are working on getting them to work but only for MODs.

sry :/
Old 01-05-2004, 07:47 PM

Hi StevieB,

I must be doing something wrong on getting the copter to land.

I tried by changing the event to Patrol Speed = 0 km/h, no avail. Then I added back in the event for it to land also. Then I tried by putting it to 0 speed on waypoint 9 & land on waypoint 10. I tried with it declared as the trigger event in the waypoints and then as not. I even tried lowering the last waypoint 60 ft below the ground but no matter what I do it takes off, follows the course and then stops at the last waypoint & hovers high exactly the same every time.

I must be missing something. Unfortunately it seems to fbe par for the course because in my other mission where I'm using a boat I put in a samll boat with a set of waypoints and wanted the boat to pause at each waypoint but it wont let me put in a number in the "spawns (WP pause)" to stop it at each and instead runs through the waypoints at full speed. To clarify, the field allows me to put in a number but when I say ok and then go back to look at the attributes the number in the "spawns (WP pause)" field is back at 0.

Other than landing the copter & waypoint delays everything else I've setup in the mission editor works just as I want it.

Thank you very much for your help so far.

Last edited by shadowsix; 01-06-2004 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Eagle_Eye is offline Eagle_Eye
Old Timer...

The Spawns (WP pause) is not for waypoints, it's for AI, it's designed to make AI respawn after they are killed, so if you click on an AI and edit it's item attributes, put 5 in the spawns box, then that AI will respawn 5 times. It's also used for setting how long an AI will pause at a waypoint before resuming his walk.

As for helos, here's a list. This is for a helo to lift off, fly to a point, land, pause, lift off, go back to the original LZ, pause and repeat.

you need 2 waypoint lists, and 2 area triggers, if you want the mis file, I can send it.

Event 0: BH initial boarding point takeoff

Reset after 30 seconds

Delay event 15 seconds

Triggers:

SSN 2 is within area 1 or
SSN 2 is within area 2
Actions:

Redirect SSN 2 to nearest waypoint in list 1
Change SSN 2 AI : patrol speed = 40 km/h
Change SSN 2 AI : combat speed = 40 km/h
Change SSN 2 AI : use waypoint Z
Change SSN 2 AI : AI state to Follow Waypoint

Event 1: BH stop 1 land

Reset after 30 seconds

Triggers:

SSN 2 is within area 1 or
SSN 2 is within area 2
Actions:

Change SSN 2 AI : patrol speed = 0 km/h
Change SSN 2 AI : combat speed = 0 km/h
Change SSN 2 AI : AI state to Land
Change SSN 2 AI : stop using waypoint Z

Event 2: BH initial boarding point takeoff 2

Reset after 40 seconds

Delay event 15 seconds

Triggers:

SSN 3 is within area 3 or
SSN 3 is within area 4
Actions:

Redirect SSN 3 to nearest waypoint in list 2
Change SSN 3 AI : patrol speed = 40 km/h
Change SSN 3 AI : combat speed = 40 km/h
Change SSN 3 AI : use waypoint Z
Change SSN 3 AI : AI state to Follow Waypoint

Event 3: BH stop 2 land

Reset after 40 seconds

Triggers:

SSN 3 is within area 3 or
SSN 3 is within area 4
Actions:

Change SSN 3 AI : patrol speed = 0 km/h
Change SSN 3 AI : combat speed = 0 km/h
Change SSN 3 AI : AI state to Land
Change SSN 3 AI : stop using waypoint Z

Hope this helps
Regards

Old 01-07-2004, 06:13 PM

Hi Eagle_Eye,

Thank you very much for the info. I'll try it out. But it might be a good for me to see the mis file in the editor so if you would please send it.

Best Regards,
Ross
shadowsix@aol.com

Last edited by shadowsix; 01-08-2004 at 01:15 AM.