Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 07-14-2024, 06:06 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Armory weapon availability

I've done quite a bit with the WAC, even looking through the jointops.exe to find a lot of WAC commands that were never known to me and that actually work. That being said, this is a long shot because I believe the answer is "no". But, is there a way in the WAC to add or remove weapons from the armory?

Like after a condition is met, certain weapons will be made available or removed from the armory?

Thanks for any info!
Old 07-15-2024, 04:46 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

hmmm. dont think its possible.

i have always wanted to know how to use specific med event actions through the wac file but was not sure how to structure the script to get them to work.

would be cool to get ai state to change in a wac. i experimented a little with climbers, but no success except in the med.

Old 07-16-2024, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabo1SFH View Post
hmmm. dont think its possible.

i have always wanted to know how to use specific med event actions through the wac file but was not sure how to structure the script to get them to work.

would be cool to get ai state to change in a wac. i experimented a little with climbers, but no success except in the med.

The way I link med events with the WAC is through variables.

To trigger MED event with WAC:

WAC=
If Conditions then
set(v1, 1)
endif

Event=
If mission variable 1 is equal to 1 then
Actions (change AI attributes or what ever action you want that can't be done in WAC)

To trigger WAC script with a MED event:

you could use the WAC condition "Event(#)...

if event(1) then
Actions
endif

But, I don't like doing this because if you move your events around in the MED to organize them or do anything to change their event number order, it will no longer match the event number being called in the WAC. so you have to go change your WAC as well.

For this reason I avoid using if event(#) and use variables. basically the same as the first example but in reverse.

This allows you to use MED event actions/conditions in the WAC and WAC actions/conditions in the MED events. So you can combine the power of both.
Old 07-16-2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
I've done quite a bit with the WAC, even looking through the jointops.exe to find a lot of WAC commands that were never known to me and that actually work. That being said, this is a long shot because I believe the answer is "no". But, is there a way in the WAC to add or remove weapons from the armory?

Like after a condition is met, certain weapons will be made available or removed from the armory?

Thanks for any info!
is there a way to use a block key event? being able to block a specific weapon key may have been done before. all these years looking at wac files, i may have seen that once.

Old 07-17-2024, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabo1SFH View Post
is there a way to use a block key event? being able to block a specific weapon key may have been done before. all these years looking at wac files, i may have seen that once.

Sure is...

BlockFire(#)

There is also the condition

"if WeaponFired(#)".

Which is a very cool one to use because it is only true once for every time that weapon key is fired. so you can use it over and over. I'm currently using it in a few Joint ops single player maps to allow the player to use his knife to interact with objects and such.

If SSNseesSSN(player, 69, 3) and WeaponFired(1) then
Actions
endif

This script says that if the player is looking at an object and is within 3 meters of the object, and "fired" his knife, then trigger the script. I'm using it as a loot mechanism currently. you can loot wooden crates with your knife and find money, health... etc.
Old 07-20-2024, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
Sure is...

BlockFire(#)

There is also the condition

"if WeaponFired(#)".

Which is a very cool one to use because it is only true once for every time that weapon key is fired. so you can use it over and over. I'm currently using it in a few Joint ops single player maps to allow the player to use his knife to interact with objects and such.

If SSNseesSSN(player, 69, 3) and WeaponFired(1) then
Actions
endif

This script says that if the player is looking at an object and is within 3 meters of the object, and "fired" his knife, then trigger the script. I'm using it as a loot mechanism currently. you can loot wooden crates with your knife and find money, health... etc.
cool