Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Sigs and Graphics

Sigs and Graphics Show off your sigs/graphics or request your own

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE
EDGE's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,184

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
a little work

Well, not really little. It's actually pretty huge, but it's what I've been working on lately.



for smaller resolutions click below

http://www.eleventh-design.com/images/gogeek_logo.png
__________________
Quote:
Voltaire
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 2,360

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
always amazing edge!
__________________
AIM: Luckevolved
MSN: Luckevolvd@hotmail.com


SOTW #1 Winner

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Hellfighter's Avatar
Chief ADFP

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Jose Calif 95111
Posts: 20,809

omg that is really good edge i do mean it!

love how you use the eyes in it and the text as will
__________________
twitter: @chiefadfp Skype: chiefadfp

US-Military Tribunals News, source: https://c-vine.com
gameplay now days: swtor.com (mainly stuck on)
Parler: @ChiefAdfp Parler.com

all type of recall notices: [Click-Here] check it out
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-22-2009, 01:41 AM
teej is offline teej

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,072

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
lame
__________________


Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 AM
varg is offline varg
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 81

Send a message via ICQ to varg
I think your type looks great, good choice of font, good kerning, great colorcombo and I love the subtle 3d effect added to it.

I have a problem however with the glasses.. I think you are on to something with the idea, but it isn't working very well right now. There's too much happening at the same place for me to read it well.
The reflection in the glass, highlights on the frame, tape and big eyes are just too much information. Try to get rid of some of the details, remember that the most important thing is that 1: I read and remember the name of the company 2: Understand what the company does
__________________


MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Failville.
Posts: 11,349

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Very nice man, you're great.
__________________

My site: http://www.codeprotocol.com
"Bro, you are so full of win, if I slashed you with a kitchen knife, you'd be bleeding awesomeness." - Chrispy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE
EDGE's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,184

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I think your type looks great, good choice of font, good kerning, great colorcombo and I love the subtle 3d effect added to it.

I have a problem however with the glasses.. I think you are on to something with the idea, but it isn't working very well right now. There's too much happening at the same place for me to read it well.
The reflection in the glass, highlights on the frame, tape and big eyes are just too much information. Try to get rid of some of the details, remember that the most important thing is that 1: I read and remember the name of the company 2: Understand what the company does
A logo is the most important image a company could ever possibly possess. The object is to make it stick it so it catches people's attention. That is what the glasses and eyes do, they stick out. What was the first thing you noticed? The glasses right? That's what I wanted you to notice and I've succeeded in that.

99% of logos out there don't convey what a company does unless a slogan is attached. My logo does not convey what my company does and I did not intend on designing it that way. As long as this image sticks to people, they will remember it. Trust me.

Say for example you looked at the pepsi logo for the first time - ever.



Just by looking at this, would you be able to tell it was a soft drink manufacturer? No, you wouldn't. The object of this logo was to attract the customers eyes to the sphere. It's eye-catching and its colorful.
__________________
Quote:
Voltaire
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Failville.
Posts: 11,349

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Good point
__________________

My site: http://www.codeprotocol.com
"Bro, you are so full of win, if I slashed you with a kitchen knife, you'd be bleeding awesomeness." - Chrispy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:49 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
GeeFuss's Avatar
Cardiac

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,861

edge, your dumb. none of that makes sense. lol

really nice work. i do love the ideas/colors. however i do agree that there is a bit much going on for my taste. simplicity is best when it comes to logos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE
EDGE's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,184

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
edge, your dumb. none of that makes sense. lol

really nice work. i do love the ideas/colors. however i do agree that there is a bit much going on for my taste. simplicity is best when it comes to logos.
how does it not make sense?
__________________
Quote:
Voltaire
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM
varg is offline varg
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 81

Send a message via ICQ to varg
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
A logo is the most important image a company could ever possibly possess. The object is to make it stick it so it catches people's attention. That is what the glasses and eyes do, they stick out. What was the first thing you noticed? The glasses right? That's what I wanted you to notice and I've succeeded in that.
Actually my eyes stopped at the eyes, because I didn't immediately understand what was going on there. It surely wasn't clear enough that I was looking at a pair of glasses it took a bit of time for me to understand it. Because of that distraction the name of the company did not really stick and I got "irritated" because I was handed a bit of information that was not crystal clear. Like when someone mumbles when they are speaking to you.

The big comic-like eyes are now your main focal point. Unless go-geek (or is it gogeek or maybe go geek??) are mainly into comicbooks or something like that, your logo is conveying the wrong message, you might just aswell have used comic sans as the font..

There's no reason to go all arrogant and say that your logo is perfect, and brush off an attempt at some constructive critique. I do actually know what I am talking about.

//edit:
Oh and the pepsi logo. The shapes in the circle are abbreviated from the shape of the pepsi cola text in the early 1900s logos. Huge companies like pepsi or nike understood that when you mass-advertise in the way they do, people after a while no longer read the text but identifies the product just out of it shape. So choosing a distinctive, easily recognizable shape is very important. Unless the company you are designing this logo for have billions to spend on billboards and PR, then this strategy wont work as well for you. For a small business it's important to create a logo that really relates to the product or philosophy of the company. I do like the idea of the glasses. geeks wear glasses. geeks are good at some stuff. 'go-geeks' are good at some geeky stuff. It's just that it needs some refinement.

On a side note, if I had just seen the pepsi logo that you posted for the very first time. I would, because of the condensation beads on it, assume that is is a product that would help me if I was really hot (thirsty). The wave-like form might lead me to think that it is liquid..
__________________


MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!

Last edited by varg; 07-23-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wales
Posts: 4,801

Before anyone kills someone.. :P


I can see your point Varg, but you think a bit like a friend of mine. When it comes to graphics and logos, he tries to design it to convey the message of whatever the subject is. Personally, i agree with EDGE in that.. the logo is there so you can identify with something straight away, like nearly every major corporation or company.

I think it's a really great logo. Its colourful, it catches your eye.. good work
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM
teej is offline teej

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,072

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
just throwing this out there but the water mark on it is what makes it look cluttered and I don't think the water mark is going to be on the final. He usually puts a watermark on everything when he releases it on the internet. that is all that I can see that could make it look cluttered.
__________________


Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
GeeFuss's Avatar
Cardiac

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,861

edge you make sense. that was just my sarcasm...

i think this should be settled over a logo battle

but i do see both sides fellas.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE
EDGE's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,184

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
edge you make sense. that was just my sarcasm...

i think this should be settled over a logo battle

but i do see both sides fellas.
less sarcasm. more humor!

As for a logo battle...ehhh, I'll pass. If we were to do it, it would take me like 3 weeks. I scrap too much work to actually get anything done in a decent amount of time.
__________________
Quote:
Voltaire
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wales
Posts: 4,801

Do it!!!!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
GeeFuss's Avatar
Cardiac

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,861

sarcasm is humor for smart people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-25-2009, 01:54 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE
EDGE's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 7,184

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
sarcasm is humor for smart people.
lies.
__________________
Quote:
Voltaire
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-25-2009, 08:50 AM
varg is offline varg
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 81

Send a message via ICQ to varg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
i think this should be settled over a logo battle
I don't have time to do a logo battle, because with the casestudy and everything thats needed to make a good logo, it's simply too much work.

But I have about an hour to waste right now, so how about we battle it out over our sigs.. Edge does whatever he feels is needed to improve on my sig, but still keeping some elements or the general idea. Simply improving it. And I'll do the same to Edge's

__________________


MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
varg is offline varg
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 81

Send a message via ICQ to varg
Done.
I really like the scifi look of the lettering in your sig, so I wanted to enhance that and make the symmetry a bit stronger by editing the fonts a little.


I then wanted to attempt to take a bit further, making it even more abstract and just playing with the shapes. And I used a more saturated color with a bit more punch in it to make it stand out.



I hope you have time to play too, I'm looking forward to see how mine turns our in someone elses hands.
__________________


MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i cant get it to work :( .Simon. Web design and Programming 18 06-04-2005 06:05 AM
New Work BaLoR Sigs and Graphics 10 08-28-2004 09:03 PM
My best work so far D STROYER Sigs and Graphics 10 08-12-2004 05:59 PM
New Work Fire Sigs and Graphics 14 07-23-2003 01:35 PM
does it work Stain ev Sigs and Graphics 0 06-06-2003 12:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®