Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:49 PM
4th_WYB is offline 4th_WYB

Send a message via ICQ to 4th_WYB
4th UK Brigade BHD Strategy Game

The 4th UK Brigade are pleased to announce a new BHD Strategy Game. No need to wait for servers to populate with members, no downtime from Novaworld!.... just a simple and fun game played online. Develop your clan, take control of your clan and your Strategic Area and build your armies....
Its FREE and its FUN..... What are you waiting for ?... Come get some strategy, build and fight your way to the top.
http://www.4thukbrigade-games.com/bhd/
There is even a lottery played each week for soldiers !!!

Last edited by Steve; 02-19-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Well I cant say its really worth joining up, You get a small amout of Noob Protection and then your squad stamps on the weaker players straight away.

Sal.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:01 PM

Good observation but your wrong.

Protection is given for a period of time although quite short, its enough to get you to start building your forces up.

You cannot attack anyone smaller than you and only of a comparitive size. Perhaps you havent played the game long enough ?

Why dont you give it another go for a little longer rather than criticising it after only 24 hours ?

Just a suggestion
Old 02-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
[i ok this]

it it has to do with novalogic, inc game serails.
============================
i think it cool good luck to you all there
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Thank you mate
Old 02-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Originally posted by 4th_WYB
Good observation but your wrong.

Protection is given for a period of time although quite short, its enough to get you to start building your forces up.

You cannot attack anyone smaller than you and only of a comparitive size. Perhaps you havent played the game long enough ?

Why dont you give it another go for a little longer rather than criticising it after only 24 hours ?

Just a suggestion
No thanks in browser games there is a rule called Bashing, And Im sorry but thats all your clan did today.

As 4th were part of the testers and creators, You have a knowledge of the game and all its workings, Bashing beginers that have hardly any clue Is just not worth the time.

I got hit 3 times so I thought no problem I built up soldiers again and Oh look 4th is coming again.

Sorry m8 but as this is a real time stratagy game, I cant see it woking for long being run this way, Thats my truthfull Opinion and I Play OGame browser game and BHD needs a lot of work before it gets as good.

Maybe Ill give it a try when it has more to it..

Sal.

Just to show I aint making it up, I just signed in and Look at it again.

Sorry this game is repedative not Fun.

21/02/2006 10:20:20pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:1:3. Your army managed to secure a village to defend. The enemy forces were led by "RSC Kane".

The enemies army has left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 7 workers, 1 Gold miners, 50 Soldiers, and 1 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 10:16:55pm
An army marches upon us from the Strategic Area of 4thUkBrigade (1:1:3). It should arrive within 4 minutes.

21/02/2006 09:54:20pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:1:3. The enemy have garrisoned themselves within a village. The enemy forces were led by "RSC Kane".

The enemy Rocket Launchers annihilated our Soldiers.
The enemies army has left our Strategic Area.

21/02/2006 09:45:49pm
An army marches upon us from the Strategic Area of 4thUkBrigade (1:1:3). It should arrive within 4 minutes.

21/02/2006 08:56:43pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. Your army managed to secure a village to defend. The enemy forces were led by "SoulJunior".

We lost 4 Soldiers to the enemy Rocket Launchers.
We lost 4 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
We lost 2 Soldiers to the enemy LMG Machine Gunner.
We lost 1 Soldiers to the enemy Militia.
The enemies army has left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 5 workers, 0 Gold miners, 5 Soldiers, and 0 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:48:07pm
An army marches upon us from the Strategic Area of SoulsKilllers (1:3:3). It should arrive within 4 minutes.

21/02/2006 08:42:44pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. Your army managed to secure a hill overlooking the battlefield. The enemy forces were led by "SoulJunior".

We lost 7 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
We lost 4 Soldiers to the enemy LMG Machine Gunner.

21/02/2006 08:42:18pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. Your forces have managed to erect fortifications. The enemy forces were led by "SoulJunior".

We lost 3 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
The enemy army has not left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 1 workers, 0 Gold miners, 1 Soldiers, and 0 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:37:18pm
An army marches upon us from the Strategic Area of SoulsKilllers (1:3:3). It should arrive within 4 minutes.

21/02/2006 08:32:10pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. The enemy have garrisoned themselves within a village. The enemy forces were led by "SoulJunior".

We lost 11 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
We lost 6 Soldiers to the enemy LMG Machine Gunner.
The enemies army has left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 2 workers, 0 Gold miners, 2 Soldiers, and 0 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:31:41pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. The enemy forces were led by "SoulJunior".

We lost 10 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
We lost 5 Soldiers to the enemy LMG Machine Gunner.
The enemy army has not left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 3 workers, 0 Gold miners, 3 Soldiers, and 0 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:30:43pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. Your forces have managed to erect fortifications. The enemy forces were led by "Lord Unknown".

We lost 2 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.

21/02/2006 08:30:22pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. Your forces have managed to erect fortifications. The enemy forces were led by "Lord Unknown".

We lost 2 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
We lost 1 Soldiers to the enemy LMG Machine Gunner.
The enemy army has not left our Strategic Area.

21/02/2006 08:29:56pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. The enemy have garrisoned themselves within a village. The enemy forces were led by "Lord Unknown".

We lost 3 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
The enemy army has not left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 1 workers, 0 Gold miners, 1 Soldiers, and 0 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:29:10pm

We lost 1 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
The enemy army has not left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 5 workers, 3 Gold miners, 5 Soldiers, and 3 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:27:33pm

21/02/2006 08:25:03pm

21/02/2006 08:23:26pm
We were attacked by an army from the Strategic Area 1:3:3. The enemy have garrisoned themselves within a village. The enemy forces were led by "SoulJunior".

We lost 7 Soldiers to the enemy AFV.
We lost 5 Soldiers to the enemy LMG Machine Gunner.
The enemy Infantry annihilated our Multiple Missle Launcher.
The enemy Multiple Missle Launcher annihilated our Gold mine.
The enemy Multiple Missle Launcher annihilated our Wood camp.
The enemies army has left our Strategic Area. The enemy have captured 14 workers, 8 Gold miners, 14 Soldiers, and 8 Carpenters.

21/02/2006 08:19:43pm

Visit our Squad website at:
4th UK Brigade
Hosted by 4th Design

Last edited by Sal UK; 02-21-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:36 PM

Thanks for your opinions. I play ogame as well. Its a different kettle of fish and its very difficult to make a comparison with a simple game like ours.

ogame is extraordinarily complex, its a great game..... and i play it regularly, but the strategy game at our site is really just a simple one and we all have to start somewhere. I certainly would not be able to achieve the standard that ogame has.

For my 1st attempt, I am pretty pleased with it, and without being selfish, I thought the BHD or Novaworld community would like to be part of it.

Too often our squads/clans/teams are "into" our own little worlds.... this game hopes to bring people together, build diverse clans from all different squads/clans/teams and put back a little community spirit amongst us all.

I think I have achieved this.....only time will tell.

I was a little dismayed by your comments as I was hoping for positive comments to ensure people have at least a chance to view it and experience it themselves. If someone looks at your post, they are very likely to turn away without even trying it.

I have setup a forum where you can express your positives and negatives in the hope that we can improve this for everyone out there.

Thanks again.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:43 PM

LOL..... you didnt have to amend your post after my reply !

I am aware of the situation of people attacking.....thats the idea of the game !!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
LOL..... you didnt have to amend your post after my reply !

I am aware of the situation of people attacking.....thats the idea of the game !!!!!!!
If you look at the Amendment it was At the exact time you posted yours!

And bashing aint attacking, That is about the 4th news report with a load of attacks.

Also As you pointed out in 24 hours Thats a Joke.

But my account and Clan are now deleted, Sorry if this gives bad feedback But Who wants to rebuild everytime you login.

Sal.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:57 PM

Of course, your entitled to your opinion.

However..... If you READ the Help Docs, and look around, you will find out that you can put yourself in holiday mode which enables protection.

I am afraid that I am going to go back to my earlier comment and suggest anyone else that finds this is not their "type" of game or doesnt seem to get on with it, please provide your positive and negative feedback and thoughts in the forum provided on the website.

For potential players that WOULD be interested in playing, please make your own mind up by trying it out, reading relevant documentation and having a good look around.

Thanks to everyone so far that have joined up. Sorry SAL UK, your the only one that has provided negative criticism so far from 43 players. Lets hope that once I improve the game, you might be encouraged to come back and "have a go"

Good luck with ogame.....its a cracking game i must say
Old 02-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Of course, your entitled to your opinion.

However..... If you READ the Help Docs, and look around, you will find out that you can put yourself in holiday mode which enables protection.

I am afraid that I am going to go back to my earlier comment and suggest anyone else that finds this is not their "type" of game or doesnt seem to get on with it, please provide your positive and negative feedback and thoughts in the forum provided on the website.

For potential players that WOULD be interested in playing, please make your own mind up by trying it out, reading relevant documentation and having a good look around.

Thanks to everyone so far that have joined up. Sorry SAL UK, your the only one that has provided negative criticism so far from 43 players. Lets hope that once I improve the game, you might be encouraged to come back and "have a go"

Good luck with ogame.....its a cracking game i must say
No problem, Like I said in my PM I dont mean to be negative, But that is how I saw the game.
I know its early days and will probably be updated and additions made, Its just OGame appeals more because you dont need to rebuild all the time when you return.

I know you mention Holiday mode, Why not put in Dummy camps or Like you have debri fields You really need a way to save your troops in the way you fleetsave in Ogame.

Hope It all goes ok m8!

Sal
Old 02-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Important

Well, I just played it, and it ain't that type of strategy game, it's just pages saying what you want to construct and that, and, I try building things, and I can't because the default resources you get are not enough!
And I can't get anything!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM

Chris,

Patience is a virtue. Your resources and everything else will start to build. It really doesnt take that long before you start to see your resources piling up
Old 03-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
I don't care for the 4th UK Brigade.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
when it asks clan... does it mean you may need to be with others to do stuff, or can we go to battle by ourselves and we command ai ppl or something like that.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 AM

Correct Mstenger.....a clan is a group of players. As for the user TROY on your boards..... what a nice thing to say about a squad you know nothing about.

What an idiot and especially surprising from someone that has posted so much.

Troy.....lets hope you get yourself a sense of humour and a personality for next xmas
Old 03-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

4th_WYB Did chris get in touch with you after? Is he going to help or point you in some directions?

Hope it all comes together in the end..

Sa1.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:03 PM

Hi Sal...... yes I have spoken to Chris and he has helped on something which I am very pleased about.

At the moment.... I havent had a chance to do any more to the next version as I am busy with other projects.

I suspect that I will be contacting chris again soon though when i get going again on the next version !!!

Thanks for the contact and can you thank Chris again for me for being very helpful..... I would hope that Chris doesnt mind the odd email asking for help in the future !!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 PM
4th Merlin is offline 4th Merlin

Lol, i must admit Trojan, that was a bit random. If u have a beef with our squad then please feel free to get in touch. Otherwise could i ask that you keep ur "odd" comments to urself? I mean, there are a few squads i'm not overly keen on but i don't go out of my way to post in their topics.

Regards,
4th Merlin