Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Pansopher is offline Pansopher
Fan of FPS's

Sinking cargo ship

I am stymied by the cargo ships: How do you destroy those suckers?

I've tried placing satchel charges all over the place, and shooting RPGs at various points on them, and grenading just about everywhere.

Can anyone tell me the secret?

Thanks,
P
Old 09-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the thing is some of them war boats can be blown up, but big cargo ships not so!

i really need to know what mission you talk about or the map name you play in!
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Chief ADFP

ok are you talking about the SP-Mission "helping hand"?
west africa 09:45
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helping_hand_west_africa_0940.jpg (100.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Pansopher is offline Pansopher
Fan of FPS's

William,
Thanks for taking the time to chat with me on this. I was stuck on several of the custom maps for DFX1/2 -- which I'm playing mostly on DFX2 (standard edition, no mods) -- for instance, Spinney's "Ice Station Zero".

I slept on it and thought of something new -- applying explosives not serially but *in parallel*, i.e., simultaneous detonation of multiple charges. That did it. Don't know why I'd not tried that before...

Cheers,
P
Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

This is not the forum for DFX2 that is why William could not answer your question.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Chief ADFP

[i move thread here from DF2-DFx²]

sorry i do play some time DFx¹ but i don't have DFx² so can't help in that game.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansopher View Post
William,
Thanks for taking the time to chat with me on this. I was stuck on several of the custom maps for DFX1/2 -- which I'm playing mostly on DFX2 (standard edition, no mods) -- for instance, Spinney's "Ice Station Zero".

I slept on it and thought of something new -- applying explosives not serially but *in parallel*, i.e., simultaneous detonation of multiple charges. That did it. Don't know why I'd not tried that before...

Cheers,
P
Another thing to try is setting destroyable objects in various locations on the deck. And then making those destroyable objects part of a single group. Make the group indestructable until a satchel charge is placed in the area, after satchel charge is placed in the area, then make the group destroyable. Then set an event that says if that group loses 1 unit then kill cargo ship.

This way only one satchel charge would be neccesary.

Last edited by dave61; 09-03-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:28 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Or my favourite, the c4 destroys a metal drum on deck that spreads to other drums
the ship is killed and teleported slowley to the sea bed....very realistic dave!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
Or my favourite, the c4 destroys a metal drum on deck that spreads to other drums
the ship is killed and teleported slowley to the sea bed....very realistic dave!
Very coutious about what you mean ..... but the intention about what I mean is that a small group of destroyable objects can bring about the destruction of a larger object ( like a CARGO SHIP ) !!!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
I would just create a few large explosions such as the large oil tank explosion partical affect, anything big enough to cover up the whole ship so you can't see it. also add lots of smoke. telleport the ship under water (as soon as the particle affects are triggering) just enough so that you can see the top of the crane sticking out a little bit.

when the particle affects and explosions clear, you'll see the ship sank. this way, you won't have to worry about creating some sort of sinking affect with telleports. lets face it, that would be a lot of work and still would look cheep.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny killer View Post
I would just create a few large explosions such as the large oil tank explosion partical affect, anything big enough to cover up the whole ship so you can't see it. also add lots of smoke. telleport the ship under water (as soon as the particle affects are triggering) just enough so that you can see the top of the crane sticking out a little bit.

when the particle affects and explosions clear, you'll see the ship sank. this way, you won't have to worry about creating some sort of sinking affect with telleports. lets face it, that would be a lot of work and still would look cheep.
Skinney,

Just curious, but does the cargo ship even have a destroyed option ? I've not actually tried to destroy the Cargo Ship yet in DFX2. I know it worked in DFX , but idk what happens to the Cargo Ship in DFX2!

Dave61
Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 PM
HappyGoLucky

No, the DFX1 and DFX2 cargo ships are not destroyable ( I wish they were). that's why I was suggesting to use particle affects to mask the sinking of the ship...
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
No, the DFX1 and DFX2 cargo ships are not destroyable ( I wish they were). that's why I was suggesting to use particle affects to mask the sinking of the ship...
skinny's idea sounds easier

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 10-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Spinney is offline Spinney

Quote:

That's what I did in Ice Station Zero and Falklands Beachhead. Bloody thing just won't be destroyed otherwise (it will in BHD though) ! Remember to set the teleports at an angle though. My next map (another Falklands map) will have a similar thing but I'll just vaporize after the explosion it this time.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Chief ADFP

you need to know were to place the satchel charges at.

i know some of the maps in the pass one had to place them inside the ship and other place under the ship, beside on top. should be a marker on the way point were to place the satchel charges at.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:51 PM

I placed an indestructible weapons crate on the deck and then set an event whereby a player placing a satchel in an area around the weapons crate renders it destroyable. You then blow the crate from a safe distance and trigger the other events (particle effects, other things exploding underneath and teleporting stuff etc). Works a treat! ;-)
Old 10-04-2009, 02:29 PM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
you need to know were to place the satchel charges at.

i know some of the maps in the pass one had to place them inside the ship and other place under the ship, beside on top. should be a marker on the way point were to place the satchel charges at.
for one thing wily, the DFX and X2 cargo ship has it's cargo bay door closed. and 2nd, I've looked at it's item.DEF script and it is not destroyable......
Old 10-24-2009, 12:49 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Spinney's latest, DFX2 Falklands Eviction Day, he uses the above technique
Quote:
I placed an indestructible weapons crate on the deck and then set an event whereby a player placing a satchel in an area around the weapons crate renders it destroyable. You then blow the crate from a safe distance and trigger the other events (particle effects, other things exploding underneath and teleporting stuff etc). Works a treat! ;-)
I have to admit it works OK, but would rather actually see the boat sink....lazy...deed lazy ..lol

In my map, 'Maersk-Alabama' player is teleported into the BRIDGE, triggerred by a bloc at the door, google Maersk-Alabama, for more info
Old 10-24-2009, 12:57 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
Spinney's latest, DFX2 Falklands Eviction Day, he uses the above technique

I have to admit it works OK, but would rather actually see the boat sink....lazy...deed lazy ..lol

In my map, 'Maersk-Alabama' player is teleported into the BRIDGE, triggerred by a bloc at the door, google Maersk-Alabama, for more info
Mermite,

Please believe me ( no attack intended, really I mean that honestly ) .... but I would really like to play your 'Maersk-Alabama' map !

Could you send it to me, please ?

PM me, man !

Dave61

Last edited by dave61; 10-24-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added PM
Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 PM

That goes for me too. I googled "Maersk-Alabama" but just got news about the highjack. Where can we download that map? Come on MERMITE! You know you want us to play it!