Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Call Of Duty MW3

Reviewed on GameArena

MW3 is basically an overpriced expansion pack for MW2, and not worth the money they charge for the game.

Matchmaking with friends on Live, doesn't really, well work...

There are no real new innovations to the game itself, and it even looks like they haven't even refined the IWEngine, just repackaged it.

I feel let down, and F$$#@D royally and basically have the impression that this release was nothing more than revenue grabbing... Make the game cheap as, and maximise.

I'm also in the mindset that I would prefer to play Black Ops than MW3
So angry with how much this game cost, and how little it delivers.

It feels clunky, there's marginal improvements over MW2, and looks like the first hacks are already out.

(Oh look, already on sale at several outlets, why did I preorder?)

The game itself isn't bad, but it belongs in 2007, not 2011. Throw in the immature playerbase, and the game's just not fun.

All hype, no delivery. It looks like Activision spent more money paying off review sites and promoting the game, than on developers for the game.

Lost faith in review sites, thought it would be a good game going by all the 9.5 and 10 scores, but this game's going to be forgotten very very soon.

When it comes to the Fight between MW3 and BF3, it is a really technical battle.

For story I'm sure MW3 will take the cake as it has a long line of previous campaigns to keep it on its feet. But
BF3 came in this round with a wild haymaker that connected well with it's "Tarintino" style story, Amazing cinematics and brand new game engine compared to MW3's Game engine that has pretty much been the same since COD 4 give or take a few upgrades.... Old Software New patches... like Having Windows XP in 2011 it's stable sure... but it's still ridiculously out of date and won't get far when it comes to innovation.

I played BF3 first obviously because it was released earlier, and was amazed at the cheeky new game engine glistening in the light like a diamond in the rough, shooting enemies cover away so i could feed them lead easier, large scale combat zones, Immersive audio and beautiful scenery. While it had a few bugs sure, they are always bound to happen in new software but it was all quickly forgiven with it's sheer genius of it all.

I played MW3 a mere few minutes ago and was so sorely disappointed, the enemies moved around like wooden cut-outs and dropped so suddenly with little to no ragdoll effects at all and it sounded like I was playing a game from 2004 with the horrible sound effects... cover was in-penetrable and at the start I was in a room full of glass and found it entertaining to shoot the glass displays like ducks at a range... alas I had the horrible thought to think that shooting the glass on the roof would aid in killing my foe... Nay. it was glass made from the magical dwarfs of middle earth that was nigh unbreakable.

So i played another hour and was so sorely disappointed when **** didn't break, fall over or explode.

Other critics give it 10/10 or 9/10 simply because if they don't then they'll be stoned and whipped in public for being "too picky" but f#*$ that.

I give BF3 9.5/10 simply because of the bugs it loses 0.5 but that is all fixable. where-as MW3 gets a measly 4/10, lack of immersion, predictable story, ***** sound and unrealistic fire fights left me with a lump in my throat like a half swallowed penicillin when you just want it to go away.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
YES!!! Finally someone agrees with me!

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Lol. I don't think I could justify blowing that much cash on either game. Though, when I played the BF3 Beta for the first time I was super impressed. It had a great feel to it.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:45 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Glad I went for BF3 instead of MW3 after this review!

My photography website

Old 11-14-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
Glad I went for BF3 instead of MW3 after this review!
I am glad as well.
I reckon they will fix the bugs (BF3) and if it's a matter of hardware to run the game effectively then so be it I guess.

Last edited by Guest001; 11-14-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Yeah, I'm sure they will fix most buggs atleast. I'm lucky to have a computer that can play it on full without issues

Also there's new graphic updates for both nvidia and ati cards

My photography website

Old 11-14-2011, 04:09 PM

Tessellation is an issue for me with ATI HD 5770 1GB
Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I just cant see the point in MW3 and why most are giving it such good reviews it makes a change to see a bad one..

I havent played it but I watch the 15 day live stream here https://www.youtube.com/user/machini.../l/-0aO75RV0mY

And I must say It is totally skill-less you run around like headless chickens shoot at anything that moves spawn do it all over again again again. Its no wonder they put Fast Scoping in the game its because even the snipers have to run around. I am very glad I went with BF3.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM

Like quake deathmatch
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Tessellation is an issue for me with ATI HD 5770 1GB
Quoted from the NVidia resource website.

"In its most basic form, tessellation is a method of breaking down polygons into finer pieces.

For example, if you take a square and cut it across its diagonal, you’ve “tessellated” this square into two triangles.

By itself, tessellation does little to improve realism. For example, in a game, it doesn’t really matter if a square is

rendered as two triangles or two thousand triangles—tessellation only improves realism if the new triangles are put to use

in depicting new information.

The simplest and most popular way of putting the new triangles to use is a technique called displacement mapping.

For example, the graphics artist can take a slab of marble and shift the vertices to form a carving. Another popular

technique is to apply displacement maps over terrain to carve out craters, canyons, and peaks,

when a distant building first comes into view, it may be rendered with only ten triangles. As you move closer, its prominent

features emerge and extra triangles are used to outline details such as its window and roof.When you finally reach the door,

a thousand triangles are devoted to rendering the antique brass handle alone."

My card ghosts tears and jumps from the increased tessellation when I get too close to walls or go prone.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal UK View Post
I just cant see the point in MW3 and why most are giving it such good reviews it makes a change to see a bad one..
Development budget: $6,000,000

Advertising (including bribes) budget: $65,000,000

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

Another Modern Warfare?

I never asked for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me
Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Just go back to the ecstasy Sen. All will be ok.