Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in joining Trojan's Militia?
Yes, sounds fun and educational! 18 75.00%
No, I'm not cool enough, sigh! 2 8.33%
Go to hell Trojan! 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Hey bud. We sure are. Shall I count you in? If you want, go ahead and add this to your sig if you would like. After confirmation I'll add you to my sig.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8...militia5bv.gif

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 08-08-2005, 11:56 PM
FRK Recoil is offline FRK Recoil

Send a message via Yahoo to FRK Recoil
Thanks I will add the link to my sig. Like what you have going on here man. Wish more of the world thought the way you do.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Guns4hire is offline Guns4hire

Send a message via Yahoo to Guns4hire
wow trojan kicks ass when it comes to this stuff and the music is different too cant make my mind up Lmao nice job m8

btw where all the Millions of pounds ya should be making out of this stuff i want a loan off ya

Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

Send a message via AIM to Surbon Send a message via Yahoo to Surbon
Hey dog I like what I've read. I'm in.

Surbon
Old 08-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

COUNT ME IN! COUNT ME IN!

Old 08-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

Oh and by the way.. the "Count Me In' link doesn't work.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Welcome Recoil and Surbon. You guys made my day. I look forward to getting to know you guys. Feel free to post here about whatever you would like to discuss. Thank you!

Hey Mash, I wish you would join m8. Thanks for the comments.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Trojan's Militia welcomes 2 new members:

07/02/05 after enjoying a few cold beers, I got an idea to do something fun here on the forums to keep me and some friends oocupied and interested. We are all fans of NovaHQ and spend time on the forums. I thought it would be fun to organize a group to add to my signature and let them be recognized by all the NHQ members wherever I post, which is everywhere, public and private. I'm hoping that these few, proud, militia men, heh will become my closest comrades.

If you believe in Unity, Freedom, Respect and wanna fight against Cancer, STD's and AIDS then join Trojan's Militia, today! All you have to do is reply with, "count me in". I'll add you to my signature and list of VIP members. I just may make our own website for fun with my NovaHQ sub domain for us in the future to keep our friendships strong and alive for the years to come. Your ideas are welcome. Ask any question and it shall be answered. -Trojan

Shall I "Count you in"?-Trojan

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
"We (Trojan's Militia) are a group of diverse, talented people that believe in Freedom, Unity, Respect and eliminating Cancer, STD's and AIDS. We are a growing group of individuals and mission objectives will be agreed upon in a unanimous manner. We will lobby and support our mission for the years to come. We are looking for members to help our cause in any way they deem necessary."
Current Militia Members:

• Atholon
• Living
• front-liner
• -live-wire-
• Jeff
• Jason
• Klu7ch
• Tecoma2
• BADDOG
Recoil
Surbon
• Get on the list today!

Everyone welcome Recoil and Surbon. We are grateful for your presence and spirit. Cheers m8's! Welcome aboard! -troj

Old 08-12-2005, 01:03 PM
FRK Recoil is offline FRK Recoil

Send a message via Yahoo to FRK Recoil
Thanks Trojan. Proud to be a member of this group.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

w00t

Old 08-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
yayyyy new members.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

ok i made a little trojan's militia button thing that goes in ur sig area lol check it out

Old 08-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Hey guys! Thanks Surbon, I'm using it now! You guys have a nice weekend! Cheers!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Some good news for Trojan's Militia:

New HIV Treatment Strategy Shows Promise

By EMMA ROSS

LONDON (AP) - A new treatment strategy has shown promise in helping to transform HIV into a curable infection. Preliminary research published this week in The Lancet medical journal outlines how scientists used an anti-convulsant drug to awaken dormant HIV hiding in the body, where it is temporarily invisible but still dangerous.

HIV infection is incurable because current drugs only work when the virus is multiplying, which occurs only when it is in an active cell. However, HIV sometimes infects dormant cells, and when it does, it becomes dormant itself.

While the virus poses no threat in its resting state, the sleeping cells sporadically wake up, reactivating the virus and causing it to multiply. Patients must continue to take medications for the rest of their lives so they can fight the virus when it comes out of the reawakened cells. Only if every last infected dormant cell is wiped out - or the virus purged from these cells - can patients stop taking medication and be virus-free, experts say.

Figuring out how to clear this reservoir of latent infection, or whether that's even possible, is one of the hottest areas of AIDS research.

Over the last few years, a handful of drugs have been shown to decrease the size of the dormant HIV pool, but they were subsequently abandoned because their effect was either too weak or the side effects too toxic.

The latest drug, valproic acid, shows more promise, said Dr. Warner Greene, director of the Gladstone Institute for Virology and Immunology at the University of California, San Francisco.

"It's a first baby step, showing that maybe the use of (this type of drug) - far more likely in combination with one or two other agents - might be a viable approach for tackling this latency problem," said Greene, who was not involved with the research but is conducting similar studies.

"The idea, if we could ever do it, is to purge every latently infected cell. Treat patients for probably two or three years, they'd be able to come off their antiretroviral therapy and they'd be virus-free," he said.

The study, led by Dr. David Margolis at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, tested the ability of valproic acid to reduce the number of infected dormant cells.

Four patients on standard therapy were given the pills to take twice daily for three months. The size of this pool of infected dormant cells decreased by 75 percent in three out of the four patients, the study found.

"This finding, though not definitive, suggests that new approaches will allow the cure of HIV in the future," Margolis said. "It's a significant conceptual move forward."

Margolis said he believes the drug reactivates the virus inside a dormant cell, either waking up the cell with it or killing it.

Dr. Jean-Pierre Routy, a professor at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, who also studies the dormant HIV issue, said Margolis' results were an impressive first try.

"It's enormous for just three months' treatment to have such an effect," he said, adding that the findings merit urgent further study. "I think it's very exciting news."

However, other experts were less optimistic.

"It's extremely unlikely that this approach would work," said Dr. Robert Siliciano, a professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University who was one of the scientists who discovered the dormant infection problem in the mid-1990s. "It assumes something about the mechanism which we don't know is true. The mechanism may involve other issues that are not affected by this drug."

"It didn't get all the cells. That's probably because it's not really targeting the right mechanism for latency," Siliciano said. "It's got to be a 99.9999 percent reduction to be useful. When you stop the drugs the virus explodes back so quickly, even if you had one latently infected cell left, in a matter of days you would be back to where you started from."

Siliciano said he also doubts the valproic acid approach will solve the problem because it's likely HIV lies dormant in other types of cells that scientists have not discovered yet and tackling those reservoirs may require a completely different approach.

"It's a little bit premature to be talking about a cure for HIV," he said.

HIV Drug Resistant? - Learn about a unique drug that may help get HIV undetectable.
www.targetHIVfusion.com

HIV/AIDS Treatment Option - Want to simplify your HIV regimen? Learn about a once-a-day HIV drug!
www.JustOnceADay.com

Old 08-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

HEy glad you like the button... it only took like 5 minutes but I thought it'd be something cool for us. I read that article... amazing. I hope we can find a cure soon.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Chels is offline Chels

COUNT THIS CHICK IN!!!!

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Surbon is offline Surbon

damn vixxy ur hot

Old 08-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Chels is offline Chels

random sayings gotta love em quote

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:12 PM
NaughtyPerry is offline NaughtyPerry
Banned

vixxy you are so mega hot i love you to bits i wanna marry you and buy you all the whipped cream you want and and and.......

lmao quote me too i feel left out