Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by jarhead
i think it is good and bad as some of u say they should ban it but some kids get out of order and should be hit but not in the face as that can be classed as child abuse
Oh I dont know, some that hang around the streets where I live need a baseball bat over the head...

Does that come under child abuse?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
crap a kid under 0-8 years of age no way brain damage there a good chance for that
===========================================
crap some of you are so lucky, i was growing up;
if i was:

really super bad a "switch stick" from a tree, a long 3-ft to 5ft long was use on me. back side shoulder on down to my rear end. 50-70 times.

some really bad a "skinny belt" (act like a whip) 30-40x

some what bad but not really super bad a "fat belt" 20-30x

plan goofy bad a "slap" on the side of the head 3-5x

some of you all have it good. 1960-1980 my mother (use the switch stick) and father use to do this to us boys (belt). sad thing my father was a jerk totally, some other kids shot the windows out, using a darn BB-gun we got it real bad like we did it. we never had a BB-gun in the family or any place at all.

my father was a sick in the head IQ -200
my father almost kill my younger brother of age 7 for doing badly in school for his grades were not up there were they should be he was getting D-F a lot
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Terry is offline Terry

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK
Oh I dont know, some that hang around the streets where I live need a baseball bat over the head...

Does that come under child abuse?
once again... amen!

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-25-2006, 03:47 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
once again... amen!
Amen to that Amen mate!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 01-30-2006, 12:50 PM
hutchie is offline hutchie

true but i am more against child abuse as its ashame to the undeserving kids

Old 01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
im all for this. i say smack the hell out of them. smacking your kids is not child abuse and far from it. beat them with your hand, belt, whatever, for them to respect people and act right. Now I dont mean abuse them, no thats not right. But teach them something and make them remember the consciences of their actions. Time outs and groundings dont do anything anymore these days

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 01-30-2006, 02:25 PM
hutchie is offline hutchie

theres other ways.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

i usta get belted as a kid .. but i was never really average size .. and to tell you the truth it never hurt me that bad ... but once i leanrned to block that crap and rip it out of their hands they stoped ...

now adays if my dad pulled that crap on me he would get hurt ... so he stoped a while ago lol

and it's not that i dont respect my parents ... its just some of the things they bitch at me about sometimes is total bull**** ... and my mom wonders why i get angry

and about bringing the paddle back in school, lmfao yea right ... if a teacher tried that on some kid at my school they would get the **** knocked out of them ....

only time spanking really works is when it's on adolecents ... on teens they can defend themselves ...

and i think it would do the kid alot of good if the parent would just tell the kid to shut the hell up
Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Timeout's are only good when your are just a toddler, until then, when you grow up you the learn the lessons learn the hard way.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-31-2006, 07:49 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo-
i usta get belted as a kid .. but i was never really average size .. and to tell you the truth it never hurt me that bad ... but once i leanrned to block that crap and rip it out of their hands they stoped ...

now adays if my dad pulled that crap on me he would get hurt ... so he stoped a while ago lol

and it's not that i dont respect my parents ... its just some of the things they bitch at me about sometimes is total bull**** ... and my mom wonders why i get angry

and about bringing the paddle back in school, lmfao yea right ... if a teacher tried that on some kid at my school they would get the **** knocked out of them ....

only time spanking really works is when it's on adolecents ... on teens they can defend themselves ...

and i think it would do the kid alot of good if the parent would just tell the kid to shut the hell up
You make a fair point there about "bringing back the paddle in school", (we used to have what we call the "cane" over here in the U.K.), as most teenagers would no doubt defend themselves if teachers tried to administer such punishments.

Warm Regards
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

some things they did back then (my dad told me) was they used to cut holes in the paddles for less air resistance .... crap like that was a little brutal i think lol
Old 01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Hard call. I hear adults not complaining about the children and their small pranks that they'll do as kids. It's the lack of respect that kids show adults now. I think that kids need to wake up now.

- Jon (aka elite)