Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile Vietcong2

I just got Vietcong2 today and I'm about to install it on my pc so I will let you all know how it plays when I've had a look see.

It was reduced from £34.99 GBP, ($61.37 USD), to £14.98 GBP, ($26.27 USD), so it's quite a good buy!!!!

Anyone else have this game on their pc?

Warm Regards
Old 01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
am interested in knowing what it's like BD. i really cannot believe i didnt play the original tbh, it was around the same time ghost recon came out iirc and i by-passed it.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:22 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Well this is not a bad a bad game at all. The graphics are pretty good and there's lot's of blood when you blow the Viet Cong away lol. Game play wise it's a pretty straight forward FPS but there are nice little touches like the opening scene where you start out in a brothel, (buy the game to find out what that's all about lol!).

http://www.fileplanet.com/159444/150...-2-Patch-v1.10

This is a link for patch you will need for multi player where you get an annoying "CD number in use" alert but this patch takes care of that.

To be honest I haven't played on the multi player much as yet so I can't say how good it is but I will let you all know when I've had another go at it.

It's a good game to add to your collection from what I've seen so far guys!!!!

Warm Regards and it's back to the TET offensive for me
Old 01-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

coolio, might check it out,
Old 01-06-2006, 03:32 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I've progressed further with the single player game and it's looking really good now and as for Vietcong2 online? That's not half bad either only had a quick session but it was good fun and a very welcoming server!!!!

Regards
Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

a welcoming server?! must be a scam m8, did they try to sell u something? heheh
Old 01-06-2006, 07:40 AM
JonM is offline JonM

This game sounds good. Really good. Could a pentium 4 1.6 handle it do you think? I know it's an old system but I can't replace it, have no money. Later I will replace the process tho.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:57 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by -Elite-
This game sounds good. Really good. Could a pentium 4 1.6 handle it do you think? I know it's an old system but I can't replace it, have no money. Later I will replace the process tho.
I'm not sure about that pentium handling it mate, maybe Steve or one of the other admins could advise you? Certainly after you upgrade you should be able to run it and it is a really good game!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 01-08-2006, 08:57 PM
JonM is offline JonM

ahh. i hate being 15 years old (every where I've tried hires 16 and up...) and webdesign/coding jobs are extremley hard to do during school time, so upgrading soon won't be that soon really lol. But maybe if I start to save up now some time in the next couple months?

Well, until then I've got warcraft

~Jon
Old 01-09-2006, 03:46 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
ahh. i hate being 15 years old (every where I've tried hires 16 and up...) and webdesign/coding jobs are extremley hard to do during school time, so upgrading soon won't be that soon really lol. But maybe if I start to save up now some time in the next couple months?

Well, until then I've got warcraft

~Jon
I hope you can upgrade soon mate and when you do hope we can get agame sometime on Vietcong2!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 01-10-2006, 07:43 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Well I think I might try to look for some jobs soon and attempt to upgrade my processor . So hopefuly like by the end of this month, or the middle of next month I have a new processor and Vietcong2 Hey, just curious, what was your take on BF2? Did you like it? I liked it my first try, but after that I haven't really been able to get into it much. I guess I should give it more of a try...

- Jon
Old 01-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
I'm in the same boat Elite. I've got a pretty powerful PC, but as far as jobs go, any kind of coding is very hard to do, and i haven't seen anywhere online to make money for that. My spare time means more to me than getting a real job, lol. There's already not enough time in the day

And, as far as Vietcong goes, i will have to try it! I'm about fed up to HERE with WWII games. I would like to see more Vietnam (or even 1993 / somalia based games). "Battlefield Vietnam" by E.A. Games was okay, but i feel EA adds a "cheesey" or "sarcastic" feel to their games and it makes their games feel so, "un-serious". I felt that BF2 was a pretty nice game (Lots of maps, lots of things to do) but it still has that "EA Games" feel to it that i just mentioned.

I think i'm gonna download the Vietcong 2 demo now!

-Cody
Old 01-11-2006, 05:15 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Well I think I might try to look for some jobs soon and attempt to upgrade my processor . So hopefuly like by the end of this month, or the middle of next month I have a new processor and Vietcong2 Hey, just curious, what was your take on BF2? Did you like it? I liked it my first try, but after that I haven't really been able to get into it much. I guess I should give it more of a try...

- Jon
I thought, (and still do), that BF2 is an excellent game and great fun to play bro. At the moment I'm shifting between playing Vietcong2, BHD, GTA vice City and MOHPA on my pc and I love all these games!!!!

Warm Regards

P.S. Definitley get Vietcong2 when you can mate