Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Awac835 is offline Awac835

He he CapN'Colostomy

I don't think your right ... im not saying im very good at this game, im not a newbie at it either.
But i would say i do see n00bs out there. Sometimes you see people doing the most insane things only to see them killed 5'secs after and they do it again and again and again.

Its those Moongoses or how it is you spell it out. You kill them time after time again.
I don't mind easy frags
Old 04-09-2003, 03:46 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Well, there's a difference between stupidity and being a "nOOb". I've been playing Delta Force games since Delta Force 2 and I make the occasional stupid move and have my ass handed to me (yes, even by Mongooses Black Hawks, Viper 33s). Doesn't make me a "nOOb" though. I hate that word.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:05 AM
sniperluke is offline sniperluke

Quote:
Originally posted by 40$Poser
Or become a sniper yourself and take out the other snipers to the point where they don't care to snipe anymore.
i like this idea.

but any ways, there is almost always the new guy that runs to the first hill and starts shooting as fast as he can (also gets picked off 10 seconds into game ) and then sometimes there are the guys that snipe the hell out of you and you can't get them worth ****. i don't realy think there should be a limit, becouse the good snipers couldn't snipe if the newbies got there first.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:39 PM

sniperluke wrote:
but any ways, there is almost always the new guy that runs to the first hill and starts shooting as fast as he can (also gets picked off 10 seconds into game ) and then sometimes there are the guys that snipe the hell out of you and you can't get them worth ****. i don't realy think there should be a limit, becouse the good snipers couldn't snipe if the newbies got there first.

becouse the good snipers couldn't snipe if the newbies got there first.

What do the above mean? i don't think i really understand what your saying.

the good snipers couldn't snipe if the newbies got there first???? huh??
Old 04-12-2003, 06:57 PM
sniperluke is offline sniperluke

did you just read the last few words or what?

ok say there is a 4 sniper limit.
and 4 newbies decide to snipe.
then a realy good sniper shows up... and he can't snip. get it?
Old 04-12-2003, 07:15 PM
MattUSMC67 is offline MattUSMC67

I just really hate it when your playing in a Nova server and u have 16 ppl on your team and 10 of them are snipers .
Old 04-12-2003, 09:43 PM
BSS Clark is offline BSS Clark

Send a message via ICQ to BSS Clark
See this game took away the ability to be a rifleman/sniper. I miss my m4 with the 4x scope and the m203. With that package I could take out anyone, but no more nova deemed that te m4 should just have the mildot sight . . . too bad i find myself using the m14 now almost as good but the fire rates is still too slow when shooting from the hip. Limiting snipers just upsets people, let people play what they want to play, they paid for the game just like you did!

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." Gen. Patton

Old 04-13-2003, 06:49 AM

Ohh now i see, sorry Sniperluke i didn't get that at first. But i see your point. Its like that in AmericasArmy.

Who can't remember the weapons_cache ranger map. When some idiot god the M203 and he didn't fire at the window, and whop half your team was dead because of a handgrenade.

You just gotta love that game for it handgrenades battles!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 10:58 PM
skulface is offline skulface

I would love to seem some maps that are smaller, allowing more for that feel that was in the Singe Player game.

Instead of getting the rush of turning around an alley and coming face to face with your enemy, on multiplayer most of my time is trying to skirt the entire area so I can avoid all the snipers.

I would love to play a server that runs small, CQB maps. Or, a server that has snipers disabled. Just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:59 AM
^TheHulk^ is offline ^TheHulk^

I dont think limiting snipers would make the game any better. I've never actually played bhd multiplayer yet, but I've I'm sure it follows the same style as other games like it.

Do any of you remember the old days of TFC when the sniper dot would lag behind your x-hairs? If you do, then you'd also remember that Hardly anyone played sniper back then... but then they came out with a new patch that kept the sniper dot right on your x-hairs (the way it SHOULD be). Well, everyone started sniping after that, and all the servers would limit the game to like 2 snipers per side.

I generaly would play medic anyways, but sometimes I could see when my team would need a good sniper, only to find that I can't switch because 2 newbie snipers are trying to cover a single doorway in the basement or something stupid like that.

I think that this ruined the game. I wouldn't even join a server if it had a limit of any class. As far as I'm concerned, there are always ways to beat somebody. You just use different tactics. Stick to narrow allys, jump, duck, strafe, sneak around the back way. Just like you wouldn't lob grenades at someone who is a foot away from you, don't try to shoot down a sniper from 400m with a shotgun. (these are kind of the extremes, but you see my point)
Old 04-15-2003, 07:43 AM
skulface is offline skulface

I found a server last night that had sniper rifles disabled!!

It was a ton of fun, really pulled the battle tightly in and made it exciting and fun. Good stuff!
Old 06-08-2003, 08:56 AM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

Send a message via AIM to RHA600
Quote:
Originally posted by MattUSMC67
Last night I was playing a game on a Nova server and out of about 30 ppl on the server there were 20 snipers. I just think it would be funer and there would be more action if there was a sniper limit on servers.
Funer =
More fun =

no wonder you're a marine.

Oh yeah...and BTW...SNIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA
Old 06-10-2003, 08:57 PM
MattUSMC67 is offline MattUSMC67

Check out whos 7th on the Most Kills list and has a 3.4 to 1 kill ratio. A United States Marine
Old 06-11-2003, 12:16 AM
MÂÐлûß« is offline MÂÐлûß«

Send a message via ICQ to MÂÐлûß«
Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
sorry i not one of those newbie's been play it from 1999-now
all of them if you can see a target shot it 50cal see better then the rest only drawback is sound it make all people can use any weapons they like

I'm sorry but HUH??
Old 06-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Pacman <|SC|> is offline Pacman <|SC|>

Send a message via ICQ to Pacman <|SC|> Send a message via AIM to Pacman <|SC|> Send a message via Yahoo to Pacman <|SC|>
I am far from a noob, and I usually snipe (on big maps) from 700-900 yds out. I play team tactics though as well, I'll play any of the four classes depending on the map and the makeup of the team. Get on a server with quality players and a host that is in game to monitor things. Besides custom maps kick Nova's butt.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Gunner102 is offline Gunner102

Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
sorry i not one of those newbie's been play it from 1999-now
all of them if you can see a target shot it 50cal see better then the rest only drawback is sound it make all people can use any weapons they like yea its bad when 75% of your team is sniper's hurts the gaming a bet but then there are armory / command screen at startup to change up weapons to suit the needs of the team.
Yeah that is pretty not fun because I like gunners myself but like some other people have said you should find a game with no snipers or maybe there are some where not everyone is sniper which is a good server.

http://www.invisionfree.com/forums/deltawarriors

GO TO THIS FORUM AND BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!!!

-Join Black Hawk Down Squad Delta Warriors Today!
Old 06-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Tenere is offline Tenere

Well from what i saw in DF:LW lol you would get three snipers taking the same spot.. tripple kill anyone? Havent played online enough to see the snipers but IMO a sniper is there for support.. to clear the road from afar for the assult teams going in.

Hey if you can hit me from 15xx -19xx bravo and im moviing..

I play paintball alot, so sniping i never got into.. i havent the patience to sit for that sweet spot kill. I enjoy going through building between walls.. the thrill of close combat..

I just hate entering a game and seeing all my team spread out on the hills waiting and see no enemy movie at all. The the eventual death the respawn and then hear the shot lol.. so its a hit and miss snipe game.. I leave not my style..

sniping is valued to me.. but not my bag baby.. but yeah a limit to maybe 25%-35% of a team would be good..

say for a 16 man team three snipers max would be good to me.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:35 PM
recon-=mss=- is offline recon-=mss=-

Send a message via AIM to recon-=mss=-
hey how do u get an avatar
Old 06-15-2003, 03:23 PM
MÂÐлûß« is offline MÂÐлûß«

Send a message via ICQ to MÂÐлûß«

Go here: http://www.dfhq.net/forum/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=29