Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Interview: ZZA1pqx

Þ WHAT IS YOUR NAME/Nick Name?
Zza1pqx© used to be my nick and what most of the old crew know me as. I have been playing as Witchsmeller almost exclusivley for two years maybe three now though.

Þ How many summers have you seen ?
I spent most of last summer in doors playing games so about 30.

Þ WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN?
England

Þ If you UK which county?
West Yorkshire

Þ Football or Rugby fan?
Football (soccer) mostly. Don't mind a bit of rugby. Used to play at school. Union not league. League is a much better sport though.

Þ Which team do you closely follow?
Liverpool obviously.

Þ You heard of New Zealand All Blacks?
I'm not even honouring that as a serious question.

Þ HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING GAMES?
Since I was old enough.

Þ WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GAME YOU THINK YOU HAVE PLAYED?
Pong

Þ What was your 1st NL game?
Delta Force Land Warrior

Þ How did you come across NovaHQ?
I've known Scott since before he invented the original DF-HQ. I met StevieB at DF3 forums where he helped me out with map making. Stevie had a bright blue site for his maps and Panther had a yellow one (I think) for his maps. We set up UKDF for a FAt and HAiry tournament and I made a site for that. Me and P used to check each others code. Then he started with PHP in the background of DF-HQ and I was lost. So I just did my best to support his site.

Þ HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER IN NOVAHQ?
Since the beginning. I am member number 10 or there abouts. I haven't been active there for some time though.

Þ What's your fav role in DF? And why?
Map Maker. My favourite maps in DFLW were CQB type maps. Small, enclosed, fast. I was pretty good at CQB in deathmatch (no good at team games). I See Elvis and Whose Your Daddy were the best servers but there just wasn't that many good maps. So I started making my own. Good ones too some of them. I won Map of the Week at DFHQ for Donkey Kong and Map of the Month at NovaHQ for something else. I got top ten BHD download at fileplanet for Church of Destruction too. (That's my favourite one). There is nothing better than finding your own map on someone elses server and finding that everyone is loving it. It's the best feeling I have ever had on the bybernetix interweb

Þ Did you play other roles? if so how often and why didn't you stick with them?
Quite liked Medic and Sniper. To be honest in DFLW you didn't need to snipe to get long kills (Panther taught me that) We used to go into sniper only servers and use the Barret .50 in exactly the same way as we would have used the FN-MAG. Panther was better than me but I could pull it off too. There was nothing quite as funny as running around popping off snipers at 1km without going prone, using the scope, or infact staying still. Sniper fans HATED it (and us) LOL

Þ DID YOU HAVE ANY SQUADS ALONG THE WAY IN YOUR DELTA FORCE CAREER?
Yeah. My progression was Viper Squadron led by Viper. It had as one of its members, Panther which was why I wanted in. I was amazed when they let me. Then we split and formed UK Viper Squad, which became Grave Raiders and then became Team Friction. Pretty much the core group moved from squad to squad, but then we splintered to form Friction BF1942 and that's when I met my current (and propbaly lifetime) group, 1st Hussars. We sometimes played JO and very occaisionaly BHD but not any more.

Þ DO YOU CURRENTLY PLAY ANY GAMES ONLINE OR OFF?
I am an Xbox Convert. I am playing Rainbow Six Vegas near enough constantly but I am longing for GTR and Forza to come out so I can really go to town with my Wireless Wheel!

Þ Which area in NHQ do you primarily visit?
Forums. No brainer. They are the reason why NHQ has doen so well. Where else do you get characters live Devil Dog and Chief ADFP???

Þ WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FOR THE FUTURE OF NOVAHQ?
I would like to see it become gaming HQ. Nova doesn't deserve the exclusive affilliation of this community.

Þ WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FOR THE FUTURE OF NOVALOGIC?
I'ld like them to actually bring something out. JO was hopeless. If they could bring something with the playability of Land Warrior for the next generation, you would see me putting my Xbox controller down very quickly.

Þ Anything in particular you want to see in coming games?
I used to love running around like a nutter with a SAW. Now I really appreciate games that let me slip on a silencer and head shot people from a distance. Rainbow Six Vegas have got that dead on - except in MP deathmatches where a single shot to the head isn't enough making the entrie beauty of it's tactical coop games vapourise in 10 minutes of inanity. It's a shame. Thats what I want back in gaming. Nova could do it too.

Þ NL HAS BEEN TIGHT LIPPED ABOUT THEIR NEW GAMES. WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THIS? IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?
Bad bad bad. Battlefield series, Tom Clancy series and others are becoming synonymous with excellent FPS gaming. Novas business model has been based on it's community support
and it's community is wearing away. Even with myself as an example. JO, came out and before I knew it I was playing BF1942 and now Xbox. I would have to start again to play a next gen Nova Game. I don't believe they are working on anything that will blow our minds either. I suspect they are doing very little.

Þ DOES NL STILL HAVE YOUR SUPPORT? ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL WILL YOU BUY THE NEXT NL GAME?
Yep. I would consider a new NL game very seriously. BHD and DFLW are classics in a way that even the Rainbow Six series has failed to achieve. I still have DFLW boxed with warranty in perfect condition.

Þ WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU REMEMBER ABOUT NOVAHQ THAT THE NEW MEMBERS WOULDN’T KNOW?
When Panther failed to turn HTML off in the forums and someone typed </body> Took him a good long time to trawl through that code mess!!! (still makes me giggle now)

Þ WHAT WAS THE BEST NOVALOGIC GAME IN YOUR OPINION?
Hard question. DFLW probably. It wasn't as fancy graphically as BHD ut the terrains were better, the play was better balanced and if you knew the tricks and were prepared to work you could really, really, really become 1337

Þ HAS THE LIKES OF EA AND THE OTHER BIG COMPANIES MADE IT HARDER ON NOVALOGIC?
No they haven't. Failing to produce any quality merchandise for years has made it hard on them. They never had sales that competed with the big boys. They had something different and it's gone now as far as I can tell.

Þ Any message for people who visit NHQ and do not post?
Well done. We don't want your opinion anyway. This is a place for friends and gamers to fall out with each other. Non posters need not apply.

Þ What do you think of having brackets for HRs? Meaning their progression up the ranks of NHQ authority …
I have no opinion on that. PAnther and StevieB are NHQ and the rest of us should be grateful

Þ FOR STEVE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HE WANTS TO KNOW WHO YOUR FAVORITE ADMIN IS.
StevieB. He was THE first gaming contact I have ever had. Probably one of the most helpful too. I still sometimes come across him online, but like I say, I'm xbox now and he doesn't appear to be......

Cheers ZZA

Last edited by Lakie; 05-05-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
nice review
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
nice one m8
Old 05-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
great interview sorry about not posting more i have been very busy.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 05-09-2007, 04:42 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Cheers lads

Old 05-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

nice new siggy zz
Old 05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I like these interviews. Nice interview ZZA.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
nice interview zz

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

happy birthday m8
Old 05-20-2007, 04:20 PM

Cheers StevieB!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
hey zz.. bit indepth m8 .. mine would be 1 or 2 word answers .. then again im thick

happy birthday for yesterday .. didnt realise yours was day befor mine m8

nice siggy

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

happy birthday Bob
just noticed it on the BPR forum, have a good evening
Old 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Alright Bob. Happy Birthday. When have you ever known me to keep it succinct?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:14 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Happy birthday, nice interview!

My photography website