Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Smile DFBHD Unofficial Addition Pack v1.0!

DFBHD Unofficial Addition Pack v1.0!

This was created by me!

Here is the low-down:

|------------------------------|
|DFBHD Unofficial Addition v1.0| by DF Operative BK, Mtn.
Goat
|------------------------------|

-=INTRODUCTION=-

WELCOME TO THE DFBHD UNOFFICIAL ADDITION. THIS PACK CAN BE THOUGHT OF AS A 'PRE-UPDATE'; UPDATE WHAT YOU WANT,
INSTALL WHAT YOU WANT.

THIS PACK MAY BE ADDED TO WITH MY PERMISSION. JUST EMAIL ME AT CHRIS_SB_FSTR645@HOTMAIL.COM.
THAT MEANS YOU CAN PUT IN WHAT YOU WANT (PROVIDING THAT I GIVE YOU PERMISSION, AND THE FILE(S) IS
100% CLEAN, ETC.

-=WHAT DOES THE PACK CONTAIN?=-

MOD TOOLS, MAP FIXES, SMALL SKINS/MODS, ETC. AGAIN, THIS CAN BE ADDED TO SO NOT JUST WHAT HAS BEEN STATED WILL
ONLY EXIST IN THIS PACK.

-=WHAT HAPPENS IF THIS DAMAGES MY GAME?=-

WELL THEN IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY. REMEMBER, SOME MIGHT SAY 'DO AT YOUR OWN RISK'. ALTHOUGH IT MAY
NOT BE RISKY, KEEP IN MIND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN ANYTIME. THIS PACK IS AS SAFE AS IT CAN GET AND STILL
THINGS CAN HAPPEN!

JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING A SKIN/MOD IN THIS PACK DO NOT LOG INTO NOVAWORLD!
MAKE SURE ANY .PFFS ARE IN A FOLDER CALLED 'mod' IN YOUR DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN DIRECTORY!

'IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE RISK OF OVERWRITING THE OLD MAPS IN THE .PFF, YOU CAN JUST SIMPLY PASTE
THE FILES INTO YOUR DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN DIRECTORY. THERE WILL BE TWO VERSIONS, BUT A LOT SAFER.'

^ KEEP IN MIND ABOUT THE MAP FIXES. ^

-=CONTACT=-

CHRIS_SB_FSTR645@HOTMAIL.COM

-=THANKS=-

THANKS ARE IN THE OTHER README FILES.

----

|-------------------------------------|
|DFBHD Unofficial Addition v1.0 Tools| by DF Operative BK, Mtn. Goat

-=INTROUDUCTION=-

THE TOOLS INCLUDED IN THIS PACK ARE FROM NOVALOGIC'S 'DFBHD MOD TOOLS' PACKAGE.
IT CONTAINS:

• OBJECT EDITOR
• PACK UTILITY
• TERRAIN GENERATOR
• TEXT TOOL

THESE TOOLS ALSO COME WITH DETAILED .PDFS FROM NOVALOGIC. PROGRAMS LIKE ADOBE PHOTOSHOP AND 3D STUDIO MAX
WOULD BE NEEDED IN THE PROCESS. ALTHOUGH NOVA DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THESE TOOLS, THERE IS FORUM
AT WWW.NOVAWORLD.COM TO DISCUSS MODDING. AND ALSO AT SOME DF FANSITES/COMMUNITIES.

-=CONTACT=-

-=THANKS=-

NOVALOGIC
DFBHD MOD TOOLS

----

|DFBHD Unofficial Addition v1.0 Fixes| by DF Operative BK, Mtn. Goat

-=INTRODUCTION=-

'FIXES' IS THE FOLDER WHERE THE SOME OF THE FIXED STOCK MAPS ARE. THERE HAVE BEEN SOME STOCK MAPS MADE
BY NOVALOGIC AND THERE SOMETIMES CAN BE SIGNS OF THINGS NOT BEING PLACED PROPERLY, ETC.

THE MAPS HAVE NOT BEEN MAJORLY/ADDED TO IN ANY WAY. ONLY THE PROBLEM ITSELF BEING EDITTED VERY SLIGHTLY
TO FIX THE MAP(S).

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE RISK OF OVERWRITING THE OLD MAPS IN THE .PFF, YOU CAN JUST SIMPLY PASTE
THE FILES INTO YOUR DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN DIRECTORY. THERE WILL BE TWO VERSIONS, BUT A LOT SAFER.

-=HOW DO I REPLACE THE OLD STOCK MAPS?=-

** DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, ETC. CAUSED BY THIS. **

YOU MUST RUN THE INSTALL IN THE FOLDER AND IT SHOULD OVERWRITE THE OLD STOCK MAPS. IF YOU PLAY
IN STAT-SERVERS, THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE YOU WILL NOT BE BANNED AS THIS DOES NOT CAUSE CHEATING, GLITCHES, ETC.
OVERALL, IT CAN STILL BE RISKY. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS, YOU CAN CONTACT NOVALOGIC/NOVAWORLD VIA
PHONE, EMAIL, ETC. OR YOU MIGHT WANT TO EMAIL ME AT CHRIS_SB_FSTR645@HOTMAIL.COM.

THERE IS A LOT OF DOUBT THAT DOING THIS WOULD GET YOU BANNED AS IF IT WERE TRUE, IT WOULD SCAN EVERY
FILE IN THE .PFFS WHICH COULD LEAD TO A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF LAG; THUS, IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THE
'SCANNER' CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

OVERALL, STILL DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

-=CONTACT=-

-=THANKS=-

EAGLE EYE
DFBHD STOCK MAPS

----

|----------------------------------------------------|
|DFBHD Unofficial Addition v1.0 Q-RLD (Quick Reload)| by DF Operative BK, Mtn. Goat
|----------------------------------------------------|

-=INTRODUCTION=-

Q-RLD IS A VERY SMALL MOD FOR DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN. IT IS SELF-EXPLANATORY; A 'QUICK RELOAD'!
IT REVAMPS THE IN-GAME MENU AND BRINGS THE MEDICS MORE VARIETY. AS USUAL, RUNNING THIS MOD
OR OTHER MODS IN A STAT-SERVER WILL GET YOU BANNED! USE ONLY IN SINGLEPLAYER, PUBLIC/PASSWORD AND
LAN GAMES. (PROVIDING THAT ALL THE PLAYERS HAVE THIS MOD INSTALLED.)

-=MOD ENHANCEMENTS=-

• REVAMPED IN-GAME MAIN MENU BACKGROUND.
• MEDIC NOW GETS THE MP5 AND CLAYMORE!
• ALL CLASSES GET THE REMINGTON SHOTGUN!

-=INSTALLATION=-

1. COPY .PFF FILE INCLUDED.
2. OPEN UP DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN FOLDER.
3. PASTE .PFF (MUST BE IN A FOLDER CALLED 'mod').
4. CREATE GAME SHORTCUT.
5. RIGHT-CLICK SHORTCUT > PROPERTIES > IN THE 'TARGET' BOX, ADD '/mod q-rld' (WITHOUT ').
6. OPEN UP GAME.

-=USING IT=-

THIS MOD CAN BE USED JUST LIKE YOUR ORIGINAL BHD BUT WITH A MORE SHINIER MENU SCREEN AND A FEW CLASS CHANGES.

** WARNING! **

DO NOT USE THIS MOD IN ANY SERVER (ESPECIALLY STAT-SERVERS!). USING THIS MOD WHEN OTHERS ARE NOT USING
IT CAN GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE OVER OVERS. ANY PLAYER FOUND TO BE USING THIS MOD IN A STAT-SERVER AND/OR
PUBLIC GAME WILL BE REPORTED!

-=WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS MOD?=-

I MADE THIS MOD BECAUSE I FELT THAT THE MEDICS IN THE GAME NEEDED LONGER ARMS; THEY NEEDED A BIT OF
WHAT A CQB COULD GET SO THEY COULD THEMSELVES USE TRAP WEAPONRY SUCH AS THE CLAYMORE. (AND MORE!)

-=WILL IT GIVE ME AN ADVANTAGE?=-

YES. BUT IF EVERYONE IS USING THIS MOD, THEY ALL GET THE ADVANTAGE WHICH IS DEFINTELY FAIR!

-=WILL THIS MOD EDIT ANY OF THE GAME FILES?=-

NO. THIS MOD DOES NOT EDIT YOUR GAME FILES IN ANY WAY. YOUR FILES WILL BE 100% SAFE.

-=CONTACT=-

-=THANKS=-

NOVALOGIC
DFBHD MOD TOOLS

TERRANOVA
FWO RAVEN'S PFF EXTRACTOR UTILITY (V0.7 VERSION USED)

IRFANVIEW
CONVERTING

----

http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepage...ditionv1.0.zip

Now due to the crap bandwidth (or whatever) on my site, it may say ''Download Complete'' half-way through; which happens on every other Google Pages sorry.

You either got broadband, or a download manager! :P

This is a picture of my mod in action where the medic is finally using the MP5!:

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
J-Factor is offline J-Factor

Didn't the medic get the mp5 anyways?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by J-Factor

New England's Largest And Finest Traveling Amusement Park
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
don't think so.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 PM
J-Factor is offline J-Factor

O though it did!.. my bad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by J-Factor

New England's Largest And Finest Traveling Amusement Park
Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Chief ADFP

but there a weapon mod that would do the same thing as will.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:57 PM

Okay, I'm gonna upload the new mod, so if you're gonna download it, or are downloading it, you'll be screwed until I upload the new one! :P

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-27-2006, 02:47 AM

Oh, and hours ago it was uploaded... so yeah!

Remember, sometimes it may be updated again to fix a typo, etc. But if it's a big change, it'll be version 1.1.

https://www.novaworld.com/forums/Topic1836774-50-1.aspx

This is the official on NW and I expect it to be a Sticky...

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 04:04 PM

** CHANGE OF PLANS. **

I've changed it now. Rather than an addition pack, I'd like the thread to be called:
''Q-RLD mod and misc.''

Although this mod is bundled with my addition pack, I've decided to host them seperately.

I'll require any users from now on (28th October 2006 (Sat) ) to download the mod seperately using this link:

http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepages.com/Q-RLD.zip

Also, the map fixes pack can be found here:

http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepages.com/MapFixes.zip

And the DFBHD Mod Tools (it's basically the same as the one on the NovaLogic site but irrelevant files have been removed and also has been compressed in a .zip):

http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepages.com/ModTools.zip

Imao, it's kinda funny.
First I made this pack a ''Mod'' pack, then a ''Map Fix'' pack, then an ''Unofficial Update'' pack, then an ''Unofficial Addition'', now seperate stuff!

There are the reasons why I changed the game a bit:

• REVAMPED IN-GAME MAIN MENU BACKGROUND.
Makes it more better!

• MEDIC NOW GETS THE MP5 AND CLAYMORE!
No reason why medics can't use some trap weapon and a light gun such as the MP5!

• ALL CLASSES GET THE REMINGTON SHOTGUN!
The shotgun (in the game) is classified as a sidearm. If every class can get the Colt .45 and M9 Beretta, there's no reason why all classes can't get the shotgun. Again, it's not really a ''sniper'' or ''gunner'' weapon; it's a ''sidearm'' weapon.

• GUNNER GETS CLAYMORES AND SATCHELS!
If a gunner is gonna get beasty guns and M16s with 'nades, why not have beasty explosives?! This will make A&D and S&D more fun. And also, don't gunners specialize in that kinda ''explosive 'n' heavy'' stuff?

• GUNNER CANNOT NO LONGER USE THE ORIGINAL CAR15 OR M16; THEY WILL HAVE TO USE THE ONES WITH
GRENADE LAUNCHERS.
It's weird to have a gunner using those kinda light weapons. They should be using the ''beast'' weapons. The CAR15 and M16 are for the CQB and Medic. I don't have TS but if I did, I would make it so the gunner could still get the G3 and G36 to me. Because in the game, they're actually pretty strong-ass weapons. Excluding them from a gunner's hands is pretty weird; it doesn't feel right.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Chief ADFP

will chris when your all done with it then we move it to main news sound more like its in the beta phase of it still.

let us know when it 100% done with no bugs in it at all.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Oh, and when this thread was created, it was the full thing and not a beta.
Basically I just hosted the files seperately, because they were in my ''Addition Pack''.

Crhis_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Chief ADFP

[move]

chris said it the full version.

note:
any one find any glitch or bugs with it please make a post so other know about it.

besides e-mail Chris_OJB_DF645 about it.
subject line: bug report
reply: chris_sb_fstr645 @ hotmail.com

[without the empty space in the e-mail address will work]
===========================================

warning:

in the pass there been mod release and some hated talk about them, keep a cool head about it is all.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 PM

http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepages.com/Q-RLDv1.0.zip

New link. ^^

** NOTE **

When I release a new version of this mod, it does not mean it's actually an ''updated version'' of the previous version; it just means it's a totally different version.

E.g: v1.0 can be the one that changes classes, v1.1 can be the ones that exclude grenades, etc.

When hosting a server with one of these versions, it should be like this:

Server Q-RLDv1.0
Server Q-RLDv1.0(classchanges)
Q-RLD (no grenades!)
etc.

So they know which one to get.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Chief ADFP

pfs

so you saying there is like 3 type's of mods to get chris

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepages.com/Q-RLDv1.0.zip

New link. ^^

** NOTE **

When I release a new version of this mod, it does not mean it's actually an ''updated version'' of the previous version; it just means it's a totally different version.

E.g: v1.0 can be the one that changes classes, v1.1 can be the ones that exclude grenades, etc.

When hosting a server with one of these versions, it should be like this:

1.) Server Q-RLDv1.0
2.) Server Q-RLDv1.0(classchanges)
3.) Q-RLD (no grenades!)

etc.

So they know which one to get.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 10:02 PM
sonicdeathumf is offline sonicdeathumf

Send a message via ICQ to sonicdeathumf Send a message via Yahoo to sonicdeathumf
Humm, my advice is release one version with possible updates. It would also be helpful to have an installer. Also, some new content may help draw in folks a bit better. Your always welcome to post at www.nova-mods.com for help , tutorials, possible model donations, etc...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:52 PM

If I ever update the mod, which is very unlikely because I'm too satisfied with it, I'll keep it ''v1.0'' still.
I don't have any plans for an installer too... it's designed to be ''quick''.

First time modding so new content is months away! :P

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 11:36 PM

If I ever release a new version, I may include the previous version's stuff and add new stuff... dunno.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 PM

However, if they don't like what's in the new version, they may rollback to a previous version.
(Sorry, can't edit posts in the Main News.)

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-28-2006, 01:32 PM

Okay, change of plans permanently.

From now on, if a new version is coming out, it won't be a totally different version.
Sorry so much guys, I just needed to find an effective way of mod ''system''.

Thanks.

I may be doing an ''A-RLD'' (Advanced Reload) in a few weeks/months. Be on the lookout!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-28-2006, 11:14 PM

BIN Files:
http://chrisb1993.mgrider.googlepages.com/BINFiles.zip

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 10-28-2006, 11:31 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Dude! quit spamming. Make 1 complete thread and then post it all at once. Sheesh

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1