Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:41 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Sad Bad Spawns in Tunnel Rooms ?

After over 4 years of map making, I thought I could figure out just about any problem I encountered. This time I am stumped. I decided to update one of my old maps to include spawns in the deep Tunnel Rooms that are -36m below the arena floor. I spawn there testing the map or playing it, OK every time, but most of the time my players die after two or three steps from the same spawn sites.

The rooms are -36m and I have tried several spawn heights (-36, -35, -34, and -33) with the same results on all. Currently they are set at -33 with a Mayan Tower sunk in the ground so that only about a foot of the roof sticks thru the floor as a landing pad. (Thought maybe they were partially going thru the floor.) Even tho they do land with their feet off the ground, as the Mayan Tower is invisable in tunnels. I still see them when I am laying behind the spawn site, take two steps and die. Cannot figure out why ? ? ? I have even tried assigning Blink group numbers to the spawns, with absolutey no change in the results.

So what am I doing wrong ? The attached screen shot is one of spawn sites that I am talking about. They spawn a few feet in front of me in the center of that small room just before the main chamber. All are in Egyptian rooms at -36m.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad spawn 2.jpg (30.2 KB, 26 views)