Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Did you know?
Yes, we need to finish up training then bring our people back home! 7 41.18%
No, my media hides the truth, job well done! 3 17.65%
Yes, we aren't through yet! 5 29.41%
No, I've been lied to! 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I bet you didn't know!

Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi current government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational?! They have 5- 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a navel infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 rconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 bell jet rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 43 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consist of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!
WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?-OUR MEDIA WOULDN'T TELL US!

Instead of reflecting our love for our country, we get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib and people throwing snowballs at presidential motorcades.

The lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves two purposes. It is intended to undermine the world's perception of the United States thus minimizing consequent support, and it is intended to discourage American citizens.

---- All of the above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense website.
IP:

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
The media only tells us what they want us to know.

Example: Gas Prices, they keep saying that the reason for gas prices rising is due to the gulf coast and Iraq. That is total bull crap it is due to greed. The media will only say what they can say to make money.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:04 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Iraq is in on it

Check the stats for produced oil and you will see a bit decrese from before the war

But its not only because of the war.

And yes i've seen those stats before.
I do wonder what the source is though.

My photography website

Old 09-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
If people weren't willing to pay for the greed, the prices wouldn't be so high. The companies only charge what they know they can charge. Not a penny more or less. If everyone started carpooling, using more efficient vehicles, etc., gas prices would drop.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 PM
"ath-hole"

Dr B it has nothing to do with willing. People need gas to get to work ect because they work a good 20 miles away...that's one long walk.

Honestly it is because the crooked gas companies are taking advantage of the public's dependancy on oil. It is sad that our government protects companies more than it does its public.

The US has plenty of oil even here in Utah there are tons of oil wells that are not even beeing used. They have caps on them.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
All truck traffic has stopped between Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick provinces in Canada. Truckers are protesting the gas prices.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
"ath-hole"

Yay!

I think we should do the same.

If the fat slobs the own the gas companies can't eat then maybe they will get the hint.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

the best way to get the gas prices lower is, for every1 to go and fill up at the same time and dont go anywhere unless u absolutly have to and dont buy any more gas for atleast 1-2 weeks if at all possable, and i bet u the gas prices will go down to a record low.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:39 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

did you know i posted this a month ago? but it needed to be repeted cause ya sure aint going to hear it on the 5 o'clock leftest news. also i could use some help at http://groups.msn.comtheihategeorgebushfanclub these morons have accused our president of every crime on the books saying "and i can proof it:" but they never do.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Yay!

I think we should do the same.
Isn't that what I just said?

You need to take economics. Businesses will only charge what they can charge without causing business to drop. They know people will continue to pay these prices, thus, they keep prices high. If people quit paying these prices (in other words, demand drops), the supply will go up. To counter this, the companies will drop prices to the point that people begin buying gas at a normal rate. The demand for gas is just as strong as it was two years ago, so prices continue to rise.

Don't throw around greed like it's a bad thing. I could turn it around on you: you greedy person, you aren't willing to pay the price to fill up your car. The oil companies will have to lay off people because they don't have enough money to pay them, and families are going to go hungry. Remember, oil companies aren't just CEO's- they have to have little people running the place.

The businessmen of America aren't evil. They're rich because they understand how the system works and worked the system. These men provide jobs and are the economy of this nation.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
the united states and the world does not have plenty of oil. at current usage it should be gone within the next century. coal will last about 275 more years, which leaves hydroelectric and nuclear power. Anyone who's house is heated through electricity knows that its incredibly expensive.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the USA Don't do half pass job, when they are fully going 100% and they tell all we can leave for good then we be gone.

the job is not finish think we are 3/4 way done.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-08-2005, 10:24 PM

I disagree. There's plenty of oil, and it's not just going to run out...it gets replensihed. The US has tons of untapped oil, as well as Russia. At last figures, Russia had more oil under the surface than the middle east. The only reason it's not tapped is because they don't have the resources to drill in Siberia.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:37 PM
"ath-hole"

DR B I was agreeing with you in my post

and yes we do have plenty of oil it all has to do with greed.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
JonM is offline JonM

I didn't know exact stats, but i knew that there was more good than bad in Iraq, however the job isn't done tell we've weeded out all of those terrorists (or atleast done a good enough job that the Iraqi's can finish em' off on their own) and get some more schools, hospitals, and soldiers working. Iraq is going to change fast, and the rest of the middle east will handle it in 2 ways

1: Be hostile
2: Accept their change

...we'll see how it goes , no?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:55 PM

I'm particularly impressed with Iraq's progress. They've come far governmentally speaking, and as long as they continue to support the new government, it can only be good for them. I just wish the Sunni's would quit dragging their feet.

It's baby steps for the new Iraqi government, but I'm convinced they'll make it work for them. It won't be like our government, but I'm sure it will work best for their society. I'm excited to see how it goes.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Only way oil would go down in price is if another technology took over from it, even if the whole world went on a protest strike (and how many will really..) it just means that they stop supplying it and turn the stations off, were the ones that need it and the oil barrons have enbough money to last them for any strike.

Oil isnt being replenished as were taking it, there is a significant deficet, its not like a million barrells are being made every time a oil barge leaves or anything.

The other major problem is consumption, if the world stopped development and remained as is then the oil would last a long long time, but countries like china, indonesia and india are going to introduce a whole new market like the world has never known, hence output will be higher and the oil reserves will deplete quicker.

Those 3 countries represent about (i think) 2.5 billion people (over a third of the worlds population) all of who previously didnt really have any oil consumption to speak of, but in the future..
Old 09-09-2005, 02:48 AM

Let's suppose that the earth's oil supply is indeed bordering depletion in, say, 2105 (100 years from now). In 100 years, so many new technologies will have been perfected. If anyone knows where the oil supply meter is, it's the big oil companies. As I keep saying, these guys are businessmen, and their business is to make money. You can bet that they aren't sitting idly by, just waiting for the earth's oil supply to be depleted. They are investing in research in next generation energy production so as to keep them in business.

One that I'm particularly interested in is natural gas. You can actually buy cars that run entirely on natural gas. They get better mileage and it's around 80 cents a gallon. Methods to draw methane (natural gas) from stockyard waste are being perfected. As I'm sure you're aware, they're working on the hydrogen thing. There's a lot of options that simply need to be perfected. And, if I recall correctly, there hasn't been a whole lot of research in these areas anyway- something like less than 20 years.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:12 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

oh yeah no doubt there will be new technologies, but i suspect either 1 of 2 things will happen

1. Oil tycoons will monopolize the market in place of oil; or
2. Oil tycoons will buy out any new technologies to keep oil for as long as possible, in which case they can do 1.

That or technology will advance in a way that that the need for a vehicle is minimised...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:22 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
oh yeah no doubt there will be new technologies, but i suspect either 1 of 2 things will happen

1. Oil tycoons will monopolize the market in place of oil; or
2. Oil tycoons will buy out any new technologies to keep oil for as long as possible, in which case they can do 1.

That or technology will advance in a way that that the need for a vehicle is minimised...
Unfortunatley I think your probably right about that Mike.

Warm Regards