Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Bin Laden Vs AUS now

Quote:
Bin Laden 'funded Jakarta bombing'

Monday, August 1, 2005; Posted: 1:12 a.m. EDT (05:12 GMT)

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) -- Terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden bankrolled the bombing of the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia in retaliation for Australia sending troops to Iraq, an alleged terrorist has told police media reports say.

A truck bomb killed 10 people when it blew up at the fortified gates of the embassy on September 9 during Australia's election campaign last year. None of the victims was Australians.

A newspaper and Australia's national broadcaster reported Monday a transcript of Indonesian police interviews with the alleged plot leader Rois, who also goes by the name of Iwan Dharmawan, after he was arrested in November.

Rois told police that according to Malaysian bomb maker Azahari bin Husin, bin Laden had used a courier to send Aust. $10,000 ($7,558) to pay for the bombing, national newspaper The Australian reported.

Rois, a 30-year-old trader from West Java, said the embassy was targeted because of Australian involvement in the Iraq war and continuing presence there.

"The purpose in blowing up the embassy was because the Australian government is one of the American allies that gives most support to the American policy of slaughtering Muslims in Iraq," the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported, citing interview transcripts.

"And our goal is for Australia to discontinue pressuring Muslims, especially in Iraq," Rois allegedly said.

The government has long defended it's decision to join the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and maintains there is no evidence to support the opposition Labor Party's claim's that Australia's role increased the likelihood of terrorists targeting Australians.

Australia's Attorney-General Philip Ruddock said al Qaeda had named Australia as a target before the government became involved in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He said he was not surprised by the reports of bin Laden's involvement because of the strong links between al Qaeda and the Southeast Asian offshoot Jemaah Islamiyah.

"To assume if we had not been involved in Iraq, if we hadn't been involved in Afghanistan, that these (attacks) wouldn't be happening, I think would be a very unsafe assumption," Ruddock told ABC radio.

"The claims that these tragic events are related to our efforts to contain terrorism around the world need of course to be significantly discounted," he added.

Rois is standing trial in the South Jakarta District Court on terrorism charges.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html
all i have to say AUS's if you all like to join in the bandwagon to get this fool go for it, by the way if you like to have some fun with him before any one know of it go for it.

no one need to know what type of fun you had with him ether lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

hmmm yes well, being an aussie myself, I wouldnt mind putting a round through that hairy fool's head.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
The government has long defended it's decision to join the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and maintains there is no evidence to support the opposition Labor Party's claim's that Australia's role increased the likelihood of terrorists targeting Australians.
ROFL!! In Mid to Late 2003 (i think) we had a huge political fiasco, the comminssioner of the Federal Police, a guy called Mick Kelty stated that Australia was at greater risk having supported afghanistan and iraq, The Government (Liberal arty - our convervative party) went ballistic, trying to deny that australia was at any greater risk, trouble was for them everyone (and i mean that quite literally, 99.5% in some studies) believed kelty, of course australias at a greater risk, the government seriously underestimated the populations intelligence in that one...

And chief, we were on the bandwagon about 3 seconds after the US got on it, weve been on the frontline in both Iraq and Afghanistan...
Old 08-02-2005, 05:44 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner
hmmm yes well, being an aussie myself, I wouldnt mind putting a round through that hairy fool's head.
Could I please load the gun for you bro!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 08-02-2005, 06:14 AM
NaughtyPerry is offline NaughtyPerry
Banned

only 1 round ? i would put a couple of clips
Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
no i meant on the bandwagon ref; having fun with him before other get told of it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Strange is that Sweden is praised. We're fighting him like most countries, we've even had SF in Afghanistan in the beginning of the war and we still have snipers partoling Afghanistanian mountains, here's a picture of a sniper and his spotter in Afghanistan -> http://www.mil.se/int/images/local/f...astpatrull.jpg

So i don't know why he praises Sweden and says we are "good" lol

I guess his people don't know what the Swedish flag looks like lol

Too bad they are attacking AUS now, not a supprise thought.

My photography website