Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
I'm not familiar with the BHD process (I've only made basic models for DF2), but I believe you can use any platform that exports to .ase. Older versions of 3ds Max would probably be ideal.

I believe some post-processing is also required in OEM (modding tool provided by Novalogic). There are tons of tutorials around here, DFBarracks, and DFReload.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:19 AM
< zero > is offline < zero >
Nova-Zero

If someone could show me how , then i can use my model for DFBHD. Ill just make this game awesome
I only need to know is converting models

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	212.png
Views:	961
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	3594  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 AM
SFCF is offline SFCF
Map Maker

Hi NSODl Fans,I will Distribute this NSODL Wave Files for free.
But please keep it to your selves.If you want to Publish this to other Sites,Well just ask me for permission.Thanks for the cooperation.
I am a teenager. I Start making maps when i was "11". I'm only want to share my maps even if its in NV games or Other Games. I don't care if someone hates my map.i just want to publish some of my maps that i thought.just have Fun!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:13 AM
SFCF is offline SFCF
Map Maker

Hi NSODl Fans,I will Distribute this NSODL Wave Files for free.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9w...Wave+Files.rar
But please keep it to your selves.If you want to Publish this to other Sites,Well just ask me for permission.Thanks for the cooperation.
I am a teenager. I Start making maps when i was "11". I'm only want to share my maps even if its in NV games or Other Games. I don't care if someone hates my map.i just want to publish some of my maps that i thought.just have Fun!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:09 AM
SFCF is offline SFCF
Map Maker

Any update on this mod?
Old 03-17-2015, 05:51 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I really should say something, 'cause it's really waiting on me. Tony991 sent me a bunch of maps for the campaign that he started, and I have no doubt that I can finish them. I have the copy of PS Elements that I need to tweak that one targa or the other, but I haven't installed it yet. I have the hard drive from my old computer and an adapter to access it, but it's collecting dust on the shelf next to my desk.

And every time I try to do something on the NSODL mod, my heart starts pounding, every muscle in my body tenses up, and I get an un-ignorable urge to do anything else.

Just seeing that this thread had a new reply, my first thought was, "Oh, ****! They caught me!"

I guess it's a midlife crisis of sorts. At 46, you know that life is not going to get any easier, but you really start to get a grip on that fact that, before you can do any one thing that you want to do, you have to do three other things that you know about, and anticipate three other things you don't yet know about. You make a move that you expect will keep you busy for an hour, and forty-five minutes in, you know you'll need at least another hour. Go through that often enough, you start to dread the next attempt.

Then again, maybe the winter's just got me down. Spring's coming soon.

But I think it comes down to this: I was so in love with the NSODL project, and I got so much done on it, a lot of which needs tweaking, and then I got so tired. I so want to finish what I started, but I'm just not as in love with modding DFBHD as I used to be. I get ideas, and I play around with other mods a little, and I feel that spark way down deep inside, so I know I'm not done with it, I just need that fire to stir up again.

I haven't abandoned the NSODL, I just can't touch it at the moment.

Does any of this make any sense?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:37 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
I understand completely. I'm the same way with DF2. The TXP team has been working on TXP2 since 2004, and we're reduced now to the point of having just a few weeks per year where the team gets energized enough to make even an ounce of progress.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Have any of you ever thought of turning your mapping/modding skills towards Indie Game Developement?

I've recently started on that path... it brings all the old skills to the fore and teaches you new ones... it can be just as much fun and coupled with a bit of commitment, it might even pay off in the end.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 AM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Have any of you ever thought of turning your mapping/modding skills towards Indie Game Developement?

I've recently started on that path... it brings all the old skills to the fore and teaches you new ones... it can be just as much fun and coupled with a bit of commitment, it might even pay off in the end.
Sorry to revive a bit of an old thread... I have considered doing this, as someone that used to mod BHD, JO, and CS:S. I have another "creative project" I do after my job that pays the bills, but if it's wrapped up in 6ish months, I may look into this some more.

I know some people from the Mod Depot (Terranova EXP devs) that would jump on board if I proved I was committed to a project.

Reality is, I love to map - that's my specialty - but I can also make textures. I was learning how to make models when I quit.

The reason I haven't jumped into it yet is the sheer amount of money and time it will take. Let's say, theoretically, I could do all level design, weapon balancing, modeling, and texturing. I would still need: sound, animations, net code programming, and interface design (both for menus and in-game), just to name a few.

If I made the project, I'd probably use Unreal 4, as it already has a lot of the framework (ex. it has two teams for online multiplayer), and I could purchase animations and models I don't have the time to create. I've seen some incredible things 1-man teams have made in just months by doing so.

The end goal: a spiritual successor to DFBHD and DF2. The simplistic gameplay would be doable for a small team, and I wouldn't become obsessed with graphics, but rather gameplay. I'd rather build a solid foundation with great gameplay and then improve the graphics over time. That's my vision, at least.

The NSO mod is amazing. I remember talking to one of the developers back in 2007 when it was designed to have nothing but one gun: the F2000. Instead of a bunch of different guns, the one F2000 was going to be entirely customizable. I can't remember the name of the guy I used to talk to, but he was on MSN Messenger... I think it was Ben?

stompem, you say you have started on that path - what are you working on?
Old 07-07-2016, 08:58 PM
mrsh2
Unregistered

People, help me pls :C

Hi, i'm Russian (sorry for my English).
I have some maps (Black Hawk Down Stock Maps BMS and MIS) and i don't know how install this maps into the TIOCOOPmod to play campaigns on the lan with my brother.
Please help me. Thank you.