Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-23-2022, 01:38 AM
SUICIDESQUAD is offline SUICIDESQUAD

how can you make a mod? [ pls reply]

how can you make a mod?
can someone provide me the basics of modding in dfx2
Old 07-23-2022, 10:11 AM
devilsclaw is offline devilsclaw

Mod simply means modification so to mod a video game simply means to change it in such a way that the developers did not intend for it to do.

Its a very generic term so when you ask a question like that how about ask what type of mod your wanting to do. Make a map, edit the game code, re-skining, etc...
Old 07-23-2022, 10:12 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

You know, if you had asked "How do you science?" or "How make music?" the question would've been only about 7.3% to 12.5% more difficult to answer.

I started modding 'cause I wanted sights on the SAW. It did not escalate quickly from there, but it did escalate extensively.

Basically, you find something you want to change in the game and find out how to change it. Start small, and work carefully. Make mistakes and correct them. Take breaks and — I cannot emphasize this enough — get snacks.

I'll save you time on two questions, though:

The sniper crosshairs that they have in DFBHDTS and carried over to later titles are centered high and left. They are hard-coded into the game .exes and you'd have to reverse-engineer the programs themselves to fix them.

In DFBHDTS, if you edited the animation on the player's bones to tip the head 30° or 40° to the left on the left lean, that would end the so-called 'Left-Lean Glitch.'

Completing either of these modifications would win you unimaginable praise, possibly a job at whatever company takes over NovaLogic's assets, and players will name children, puppies, and kittens after you. Not just newborns, either, they would hire legal council to change their kids' birth certificates, because, of all the balls NeverLogic dropped, these are the most egregious and hated.

I will never give up hope that they will be fixed. You may fulfil that hope. I wish you the best of luck, bud.

Addendum: How do you science? F**k around. Find out. Make notes! Show the notes. Warning: Involves math. Learn to count.

How do you music? Make noise. Make it pretty. Cover Metallica. Collect groupies. Warning: Involves math. Learn to count to four. Lars might sue you.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 07-23-2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:49 AM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUICIDESQUAD View Post
how can you make a mod?
can someone provide me the basics of modding in dfx2
www.df-mods.com