Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: then he grab ya by the leg, then you raise what weapon?
M16 1 16.67%
Govt.45 1 16.67%
M4 1 16.67%
50 cal Barret 1 16.67%
Ak 47 1 16.67%
Pkm 0 0%
RPG 0 0%
AT4 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

(poll) Let's Hunt Crocs...pick ya weapon!

Sorry we only allow nova's weapons in, so what do your think, you can hunt with?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:52 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
I'm M4, simply for deeper water penetration if I ever need it. Other larger more powerful rounds like 7.62mm and 50CAL nearly vaporize on impact with the water. It also has less muzzle velocity than the M16 so there's less chance of the bullet breaking up on impact.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
the 50 cal.

It's simple you see, tie a string to the trigger and tap the gun forward towards the bank and coax the croc into biting it. there are lulz to be had

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 07-21-2012, 04:55 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Forgot to read and didn't realize it had bitten my leg so I picked the AT4 (need to support my country's arms sale ) but I would defenetly not be alive considering it had bitten my leg but on a distance, defenetly the AT4. In this case, probebly the M4

My photography website

Old 07-21-2012, 02:39 PM

One thing I learned years ago, when hunting crocs is ..ALWAYS HUNT WITH YA SAFETY OFF.. in the time it takes you too, "Post Quick Reply" this hungry torpedo would have dragged you down 15-20 ft, their you will drown,the croc will then pin you down under mangrove roots, and let you rot for 2-3 days maybe longer, watching you every second guarding his feed, maybe showing you off to his mates, but won't share you.

As the last of your precious bubbles float to the surface, the sky grows dim, the last thought shooting thru ya head will be...........................................
M4, should've used a heavier calibre
50cal Barret, should've cut the barrel down, still I poked his eye out
AT4, wow.. now I'll spend eternity wondering was it the croc or the at4 that killed me?

more to come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUbnJkEVUVU ...21 secs
Old 07-21-2012, 03:52 PM
-1PARA-

One issue would be the AT4 not arming at that distance anyways, unless you have very long arms hehe

Haha the "special effects" sucked on that video

My photography website

Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
One thing I learned years ago, when hunting crocs is ..ALWAYS HUNT WITH YA SAFETY OFF.. in the time it takes you too, "Post Quick Reply" this hungry torpedo would have dragged you down 15-20 ft, their you will drown,the croc will then pin you down under mangrove roots, and let you rot for 2-3 days maybe longer, watching you every second guarding his feed, maybe showing you off to his mates, but won't share you.

As the last of your precious bubbles float to the surface, the sky grows dim, the last thought shooting thru ya head will be...........................................
M4, should've used a heavier calibre
50cal Barret, should've cut the barrel down, still I poked his eye out
AT4, wow.. now I'll spend eternity wondering was it the croc or the at4 that killed me?

more to come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUbnJkEVUVU ...21 secs
I'm pretty sure an M4 is high enough. a .223 alone penetrates almost half an inch of steel. Croc is no match.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
screw that i pick 100s of hand grenade to do the job, and put them into a rucksack

i see anything funny moving in the water ways! it getting a handful of grenade real fast, I'll say this ahead of time sorry Stevieb didn't know you were trying to knife them under the water!

love salt water groc on a grill

slap me another barbie please

maybe get chrispy cook them up! he does a great job doing it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-22-2012, 10:45 PM

Chief I must be ill...once again I agree with you, a hand grenade or any homemade banger for that manner is a great way to distract any single minded primitive creature, but really he's to close for any fancy baseball curves or fast traveling shrapnel for that matter...

speaking of chrispy, understand he's a kiwi, we are hunting them next, they our version of Mexican rednecks, economic migrants.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Wink

Quote:
Chief I must be ill...once again I agree with you, a hand grenade or any homemade banger for that manner is a great way to distract any single minded primitive creature, but really he's to close for any fancy baseball curves or fast traveling shrapnel for that matter...

speaking of chrispy, understand he's a kiwi, we are hunting them next, they our version of Mexican rednecks, economic migrants.
omg i love that
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

If it's close enough to grab you, you will NOT have time to shoot, the only thing to do is pray and hope it only twists off your arm.

But if you could use a weapon at such a time (a waterproof weapon that fires underwater without exploding)it would have to be a handgun (or bowie knife)

because a rifle or long barrel shotgun (sawn offs with with Brenneke or Polycore solids OK) would be quite unwieldy and you would lose it in the attack most likely.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM

This poll closes on the 28th, Stompen is leading the pack boys, thats the best Ive heard so far, Stomp is correct by the time our Croc. has got you, I doubt very much if you would have time to even draw a bead, and as for automatic weapons ...Yes I can see Skinny withering in the water, but not before he's clipped all those who would attempt to rescue him

stay sharp

"M"
Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 AM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
This poll closes on the 28th, Stompen is leading the pack boys, thats the best Ive heard so far, Stomp is correct by the time our Croc. has got you, I doubt very much if you would have time to even draw a bead, and as for automatic weapons ...Yes I can see Skinny withering in the water, but not before he's clipped all those who would attempt to rescue him

stay sharp

"M"
And who says I'm not shooting from a longer range? They should be easy enough to see from a distance as they're basking in the sun. I didn't plan on getting meh feet wet!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Let's Hunt Crocs...pick ya weapon!..then he grab ya by the leg, then you raise what weapon?...and as it's a Nova site I say "Sorry we only allow nova's weapons in, so what do your think, you can hunt with?".....

...Now what's exactly so difficult about this, all my time in Queensland and NT, and PNG, and every sh!thole for 1000's of miles I never seen a croc basking in the sun, maybe in Stomp. country, Yeah it gets cold down in Adelaide.

Understand these cros ain't running around like bunny rabbits, and because they are reptiles, older than dinosaurs, and very very smart.. people grossly underestimate them.

The opposite is true, at 30(C)+, 86(F) they are cooling off in the swamps and rivers, like we humans do.. lay in the pool after work, have joint and some beer, just waiting for supper to come along....then Wham!!! ....supper is served....!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
-1PARA-

Didn't know this was a competition, would of picked more carefully then, probebly the AK47. need to expect the gun to get alot of sand and mud in it if the croc grabs you in the leg, you'll fall over and most likley dab your gun in the ground. And AK47 is the most reliable gun in the list got aouto mode and doesn't weigh so much either

My photography website

Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Hey Lunch how are ya?! Bad luck, the SOCOM is plastic like the GLOCK, also a short barrel is safer to fire when blocked. The volume of air compressed between the slug and the obstruction is the main thing and you think it'd just blow it out!? No way man but there is a gun recently made that can do it but it has a specialized barrel/breach design that is highly technical, Navy SEALs use them so take one of them with you next time, anyway I still trust the old .45, it'll go through anything at close range...

Last edited by Guest001; 07-27-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM

There's a lot of critters in that there pond...
These people are seriously scamming or stupid as, same vid as above only this time it's a SHARK!

http://youtube: "ZQU0p5OKC04"...22 seconds