Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 09-12-2022, 08:16 PM
Troublemakeross is offline Troublemakeross

Pinger question

Hello, needing to see if anyone might have a suggestion on how to fix this issue:

When hosting thru BHD and someone tries to join from pinger they receive the following message: bad key from server host.

It started happening after I opened the port. Before that pinger would show game as unknown and would freeze on joining session. Now with the port open, it shows the game in pinger but when person tries to join, it shows them joining server then immediately leaving server and they get the above bad key from server host message.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this. Also please know, I am NOT computer savy , so make it as simple as possible with explanations, please and thank you.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:45 PM
devilsclaw is offline devilsclaw

Its been a while be i think its related to the PKID or something like that. A long time ago I made a patch to allow people to force the ID so that it would not change. It just something novalogic added for multiple servers on the same machine.

so you pinger is using an old key to connect and since it changes every time you start to host it can be a problem.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:39 PM
DF:BHD is offline DF:BHD
BHD server Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublemakeross View Post
Hello, needing to see if anyone might have a suggestion on how to fix this issue:

When hosting thru BHD and someone tries to join from pinger they receive the following message: bad key from server host.

It started happening after I opened the port. Before that pinger would show game as unknown and would freeze on joining session. Now with the port open, it shows the game in pinger but when person tries to join, it shows them joining server then immediately leaving server and they get the above bad key from server host message.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this. Also please know, I am NOT computer savy , so make it as simple as possible with explanations, please and thank you.
Have you checked your Firewalls? Both in the hosting computer and on Router??
Old 09-13-2022, 08:05 PM
Troublemakeross is offline Troublemakeross

yes, both are open.

messed with all the firewall settings and no progress.