Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-11-2022, 05:02 PM
mg is offline mg

Very cool, love the PSO-1.

Quote:
Twist on the rangefinder: calibrated for 1.5 meters (4' 11"? Who are we sniping?)
Indeed, I don't think that's exactly "standard". Either an odd variant for some sort of game hunting or just.. you know.. the developers of COD not giving it too much thought (I can't imagine COD players must do a lot of range finding).

It would seem a more standard calibration is for 1.7m, which you may want to use instead.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pso-1onsvd.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSO-1

I like your tips about being more creative with range finding based on partial targets, relying only on quick and basic arithmetic. I must try to do that more.

Quote:
Why all this trouble when the game has a range display right there on the HUD? Sometimes, the game tells you the range to the tree half way to the target that the target is almost obscured by. Sometimes it tells you the distance to the window pane you're looking out of or the invisible wall between you and the target. I think an alternate way to range is handy in these cases.
Or just to make it more interesting / for immersion. I think NL games would benefit from the removal of the range from the HUD TBH.

BTW you probably know this, but the lower chevrons are used for targets beyond the max zero configuration (1000m), respectively 1100m, 1200m and 1300m. I wonder if NL engine ballistics would make that work automatically with your scope, assuming you've retained proportions.

I'm fairly sure they can also be used as alternate references closer to the main chevron even for shorter ranges depending on the elevation setting, or to avoid having to change the elevation setting in some scenarios, but I don't know about any tips. Similarly for horizontal lines which could be used to range using shoulder-to-shoulder distance.

It's a shame the engine's night vision effect doesn't deal well with red. I understand you're not necessarily going for fidelity, but if you wanted to you could also just stick with black I guess (default when non-illuminated). I was having fun with a the PSO-1-1 variant in another game yesterday when the battery ran out -- still very usable without it.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I found a graphic somewhere explaining the extra chevrons are 3.4, 7.2, and 11.4 milliradians below the main chevron, and I mathed them in as best I could, but I can't test them until I figure out how to get the fog back beyond 1000m in a DFX map. I'd have to edit the ammo.def to use them anyway, and I have no doubt they'd need extensive repositioning, but beyond marking target positions on the commander's map and lobbing rounds into the fog, the effort would be impractical.

I've attached some screenshots of what I did today. PSO-1-1 illuminated red at 7x mag. on the MSG90u in the WiQ mod. The mrad subtensions are a tiny bit off (5.1166559 HUD units per mrad at 7x mag. and I drew them at 5), but not unusably so. You might think the rangefinder's off too, but keep in mind that those dudes are 1.93m (6' 4"), as best as I can figure it out. The tall silhouette target is 1.73m from the top of the sandbag up, so the second screenshot makes the scaling accuracy a little clearer.

I made a plain black version, and a black version with an illuminated chevron, but I've got the red illuminated one mounted at the moment. It looks orange in the NVGs. It's not too bright in the dark, though. I don't think.

Edit: Green illumination with a grey border. I like the effect.

Edit again: I keep losing the two milliradian tall chevron when I take snapshots, so I made the chevron three milliradians tall, and I'm leaving it green while the rest of the reticle is black. On the all-green version, I made the chevron brighter than the rest of the reticle, but I think the black and green version is my favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r.jpg (199.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r_100m_silhouette.jpg (220.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r_NVG.jpg (146.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r_Night.jpg (144.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7g_Day.jpg (456.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7g_Night.jpg (141.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7g_NVG.jpg (145.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7gc.jpg (324.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-12-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:42 PM

Either this is the latest advance in Dragunov scopes, or I've ripped off Squad.

Somewhere in my dredge of the internet this weekend, I came upon mention of a scope for the Dragunov, designation 1P88-4. See, the WiQ mod does not have the Dragunov available for the player, but I brought it back in 'cause I felt like messing around with a few things, and after looking around for information on reticle dimensions and accuracy values, I saw something about a scope or a reticle called the 1P88-4. The only images I could find are screenshots from the game Squad, so I don't know if it's an existing bit of equipment, or an art asset exclusive to Squad, but I had screenshots.

So I made measurements and did some math, and a few iterations later, see the screenshots attached.

I was heavily confused about his reticle 'cause the screenshot I used had the rangefinder, which I used to get a clue on the correct magnification level, and after narrowing that down, realized that the subtensions on the crosshair are absolutely not milliradians, and the subtensions widened with distance from the center. More testing made it clear the crosshair was divided into minutes of arc, but the rangefinder on the reticle in Squad and the MOA subtensions did not seem to be scaled correctly in relation to each other. More testing and revisions got me spacing the subtensions either every 11 or 12 px, whichever averaged out best, 'cause the magnification is 10x, and MOA, pixel for pixel, does not fit evenly at that scale. And for all the fudging I did drawing this reticle, it's really close to perfect.

I also tried something a bit different for the illumination on this one, and I like the effect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88_Day.jpg (188.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88_Night.jpg (132.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88_NVG.jpg (152.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-19-2022, 02:59 PM

I don't do blue reticles. I usually can't get them to work in every lighting condition. I don't think this one is right, either, but it almost is. And it sure is blue.

Edit: I tweaked it a bit. Still a bit glarey in the NVGs, but otherwise good, really.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_OKP7blue_Day.jpg (410.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_OKP7blue_Night.jpg (300.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_OKP7blue_NVG.jpg (175.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-19-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:51 AM

Thought I knew some things. I've learned some new things.

Weapon fire rates in the World in Quarantine mod. I screwed them up. Mag dumps with a stopwatch made that clear to me. I did some adjusting there.

Some emplacements like the ZSU-23 turret and the Tunguska turret in the WiQ mod are supposed to fire 4000 or 5000 rounds per minute. Can confirm that the highest possible fire rate that still allows muzzle flashes to animate in NL games is 1200rpm, unless you edit up special ammos for them that have the shotgun flag, spread_count 4, and kz_pieslice 2. Then they're putting out 4800rpm. (Note: any kz_pieslice less than 2 effectively means 0 spread, The game rounds this value down to the nearest even number.)

MGs and emplacements that overheat is tricky work. I got the SAW so that it overheats in 15 seconds, and cools down in 15 seconds. Still need to tweak that on the RPD and the PMG. Emplaced weapons overheat in 10 seconds and cool in 10.

And attached are screenies of the G36V I pulled out of the SFOD mod to see how it looks in the WiQ mod. Made a desert tan texture for it, and tweaked the ammo to fit the BDC on the reticle. I like the illumination trick I came up with, and I'm getting a good handle on how the reticle works best, and I'm training that habit. That dude 400m away running right to left, and I throw a burst at him, and he goes down 'cause I got the lead and elevation right? That's pure dopamine, I tell you.

And now I need a nap.

Edit: I know for a fact that in DFBHDTS, editing the delaystart and delayend of the "fire" action on a weapon to 0 will cause the muzzle flash to not animate. That might not be the case in DFX2. Hm.

Edit again: G36V in olive drab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_Desert_Tan.jpg (570.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_3x_illuminated.jpg (363.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_Olive.jpg (510.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-23-2022 at 04:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:18 AM

Still watching Xbox Ahoy's CoD weapon guides, I noticed what the red dot looks like in that game, and I did one up like that for the WiQ mod, although I don't have a weapon that needs it to put it on.

Then today, I was playing the mission 'Snow Blind,' left two satchels where the T-80 would be parking, and instead of hiding behind a building and waiting, headed up over the hill to clear the exfil. Once I had eliminated the immediate threats, went back to peek over the hill and watch the tank explode, and I kind of wished I could fire the detonator while looking through the binoculars, and I realized, "Hey. I could put a sight on the detonator!"

So I whipped up an old-style binocular frame, googled up an interesting crosshair, and since it's more of an off-to-the-side milliradian chart, decided to pop the CoD red dot in as an aim point. 4x mag. to match the binoculars.

Note that that target is 6x6m, 200m away, meaning it's 30x30 mrads.

I'm having fun. Murr Crimmas.

Edit: There was some wonk in the red dot. Nothing you could see in the screenshot, just that changing the brightness made the dot off-center when small. Couple iterations of resizing the .tgas, it's good now. Also redid the numbers on the cross. Drew them by hand to ensure consistency. And the left 5 was a pixel left of center.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_SatchDetX.jpg (245.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-26-2022 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-27-2022, 01:33 PM

Made the numbers in a more Arial-ish font. They're still handcrafted as opposed to using the text tool in PS, but I copied the Arial characters as closely as I could. I like how the 5s turned out.

And there's the screeny of the tank blowing up through the detonator's sight. Ya love to see it, dontcha?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_SatchDetX2.jpg (440.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_SatchDetX3.jpg (433.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-29-2022, 10:54 AM

I don't know if this reticle works in all resolutions and quality levels, the targa's an odd size and mounted oddly, but for the settings I use, it looks great.

100m from the 6x6m target, all the subtensions line up, and are as accurately formatted as my math can get them. It's not an authentic Schmidt & Bender design, but I'm having fun with it.

I've temporarily replaced the Mk23 in the WiQ mod with the Colt .45 from the SFOD. For some reason, I love the sound of that weapon. The tweaks I made on the .wavs in Audacity made them even better, too.

I've edited a lot of .wavs recently. A lot. They aren't all great, but they are better than the originals. Maybe. My hearing's bad, so I can't be sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_SBP4L3x.jpg (332.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-30-2022, 11:48 AM

What happened with this one is I started drawing the reticle at a resolution that would allow the 0.1 milliradian subtensions to function, so 0.1 mrad is 2 pixels, 1 mrad is 20px, the whole targa is 512px², and after completing the art, I mounted it on the M40A1, edited the zoom to go from 4x to 35x, then I went through the zoom levels 'til I found one that best fit.

The one screenshot shows a 1m³ block 400m away, and I placed the rangefinder of the almost Schmidt & Bender PMII MSR reticle I drew next to it so you can see that it fits well between the baseline and the 400m stadium, and according to the info I googled up, that's what it's supposed to be.

I'm not sure if a sniper rifle with a 27x mag. scope is particularly practical, but here it is.

I was a little insecure about that last statement, so I retested the zoom, and would you look at that other screenshot? Those short posts 344m away are set as close to 1 mrad apart from each other as my math could get them and it seems 28x mag. is much more fitting for this reticle at this resolution.

Glad I checked that.

Edit: Then there's this third screenshot of a 4mx4m block 200m away which, as I understand it, should be 20 mrads wide, and is almost exactly... at 27x mag.

I may need to check the spacing on my 10 mrad fenceposts.

Edit again: This is stupid, but I drew it from memory, and it gave me very little trouble when it could have given me lots. Classic rangefinder reticle calibrated for 13x mag., or actually, I drew it 3 pixel per MOA, and 13x mag. fits it perfectly. 18-ish inch targets at 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 225, and 250 yards fit right where they should between the curves, and the tiny red dot is perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_SBMSR.jpg (190.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_SBMSR_2.jpg (221.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_SBMSR_3.jpg (222.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RF13x.jpg (248.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-31-2022 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:55 PM

This one shouldn't work, it's the opposite of my usual aesthetic, being low-res and fuzzy, I should hate it, but cube my roots if it isn't effective.

It's a classic German #4 reticle, optimized for 10x mag., usable at 5x mag., illuminated in red in the screenshot, though I'm going to revert it to green, when I get around to it. The illuminated cross is 10x10 mrads, the thin crosshairs are, from center to thick lines, 10 mrads, and when I don't overthink the lead on moving targets, I get them easily enough.

Testing at other resolutions and texture compressions pending, but I'm confident.

I like this reticle, and I'm miffed about that. Happy New Year, everyone.

Edit: Green cross now.

Edit again: And unecessary dirt details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_Germ4x10.jpg (348.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_Germ4x10g.jpg (317.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_Germ4x10d.jpg (227.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-01-2023 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:48 PM

Now I'm making stuff up. I call this one the Jan 2 Special.

Is it busy? A bit. Does it work? As good as any reticle I've done. Was it necessary? Absolutely not, but I did try some new tricks on this one, and they worked out well.

Edit: Having the 1 degree scales in the upper corners like that, the ends should align closer to the 17.45 milliradian mark than the 17, so I edited that and uploaded recreations of the first screenshots I made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_Jan2_Special.jpg (202.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_Jan2_Special_2.jpg (326.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-03-2023 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:55 PM

You can see the whole reticle in the binoculars pointed at the ground, but the screenshot where I'm looking at the pitch black sky, all you can see is the illuminated square.

Similarly, the non-illuminated PSO-1 reticle I made for the Dragunov is visible against the terrain, but point it at the deep black night sky, and... Ah, will you look at that?

I learned the lesson that, for illuminated reticles to function better in daylight, a slightly dimming 'multiply' layer between the world and the reticle ensures the reticle has the brightest pixels on your screen, the 'multiply' draw method being good for changing higher light levels while barely affecting low light levels.

I've been experimenting with slightly brightening 'add' targas between the world and the unilluminated crosshairs and reticles of various types, but they didn't appeal to me 'cause I thought the little bit of glow around the lines was more distracting than helpful. Today it occured to me that I could just spread that glow all the way out to the screen edges, ensuring the unilluminated crosshairs have the darkest pixels on the screen under all light levels, 'cause the 'add' draw method treats black as transparent, and any pixel not RGB 0 0 0 will be brightened, so a screenwide layer of RGB 2 4 3 under everything you want to see kind of simulates a bit of glass in a scope behind the reticle that's slightly illuminated, bleaching your view of a target a tiny bit perhaps, but putting the reticle in an undeniably helpful contrast.

I think it's suboptimal, but as I demonstrated with the binoculars, a suboptimally visible reticle is better than invisible one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_dimA.jpg (193.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_dimB.jpg (134.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_dimC.jpg (207.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_dimD.jpg (149.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-07-2023 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 05:32 PM

I wanted an OKP-7 on the RPD in the WiQ mod. I don't care that the view model only has irons sights.

The AIs with PKMs had really glitchy sounds. I mined the PKM .wavs out of the DFX1 demo, edited them, put them in the WiQ mod folder, and, oh boy, the improvement is viscerally good.

I admit, I haven't been to a firing range in decades, and a metalhead my age has hearing damage issues, but I have my headphones, and my computer's equalizer is compensating for my 'scooped mids' situation, I also sort of remember what gunfire sounds like, so I'd like to know why the sound guy for DFX1 thought all this world-shaking bass belongs in the .wavs like that.

But, you know, you get that bass under control, line up your waveforms correctly, edit your audible ranges and volumes in the various game.lwfs, and you'll start using some weapons just to listen to them. Ayuh.

I think, as I've edited it for the WiQ mod, that the Colt .45 is the best sounding weapon in any NeverLogic game I have. Maybe.

Edit: Sometimes, I just wing it. That's how you get an OKP-7 with a vaguely OKP-7 shape drawn from a Gen-X metalhead's less-than-stellar visual memory at 4x zoom.

Today, I looked up some reference photos, did a bit of math, and just generally reviewed my recent life choices, attempted improvements, and made new screenies.

The reticle, pending the accuracy of my math, is 15 millirads wide, 7.5 mrads tall, the gap is 5 mrads wide, and the chevron is 3px wide, 3px tall, and is the best I can do at this magnification (which is why the first attempt at this sight is for 4x mag., just to increase aesthetic detail).

Thanks for your patience!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7_Day.jpg (288.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7_Night.jpg (152.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7_NVG.jpg (160.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7x2_Day.jpg (331.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7x2_Night.jpg (215.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7x2_NVG.jpg (138.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-11-2023 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2023, 12:00 PM

According to Wikipedia, the iron sights on an AK-47 have elevation adjustments from 100m to 800m. I set some things up on my irons to reflect that. Adjusting elevation makes dots appear under the corresponding numbers visible. It is not canon, but effective. I default the elevation to 300m 'cause placing a target's head between the tips of the shroud will place the round there out to 100m. That's neat.

Then I put the OKP-7 on the AK. Just for fun. The elevation is locked at 200m. I get good hits. I don't hate it.

Edit: Simplified the notch on the rear sight under the OKP-7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_AK47_Irons.jpg (391.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_AK47_OKP-7.jpg (381.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-15-2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:06 AM

A 4x mag. version of the 1P88 reticle on the Dragunov with special illumination.

Here's the thing: thirty-five days ago, I put Windows updates on pause 'cause the last update caused the WiQ and SFOD mods to be unlaunchable. That pause is ending today, so should the universe feel my suffering is inadequate these days, this might be the last thing I can do in DFX/DFX2 mods, for a while, or, ever.

My anxiety is immeasurable.

Also, because of this:

(Skip to 12:23) ... I did the reticle in the fourth screenshot.

Edit: Updates complete. All seems well. Celebratory alternate illuminated 1P88 screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88x4_Day.jpg (337.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88x4_Night.jpg (265.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88x4_NVG.jpg (165.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_AWM.jpg (180.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88x4b_Day.jpg (194.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88x4b_Night.jpg (265.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_1P88x4b_NVG.jpg (165.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-19-2023 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:17 AM

Redid the AK-47 irons to more closely comply with the closed shroud of the front post on the 1st person model.

The dots on the rear sight are each 10 mrads from center, and lining up a target running perpendicular to your LOS with the outside edge of the shroud turns out to be a good lead for fairly consistent hits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_AK47_Shroud_hip.jpg (447.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_AK47_Shroud_ADS.jpg (415.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-27-2023, 06:33 AM

So with a couple screenshots from a JackFrags Warzone 2 game:

I made a version of the Signal 50's reticle for the WiQ mod.

Went through a few iterations of subtension size and magnification levels, but I settled on a fudged set of notches between 7 and 8 pixels (7.42px, exactly), averaging for the bestish alignments, and set zoom default to 7x, adjustable up to 20x, 'cause at 7x mag., the subtensions denote minutes of arc, and at 20x, they're milliradians.

Or it's close enough, I guess. The target in the screenshots is 6m², 300m away, the math says at that POV, it's 20 mrads wide, which is a tiny bit more than 68 MOA.

Edit: Slightest tweaks in the subtension math, everything looks a tiny bit more correct, so new screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_Signal_50_7x.jpg (225.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_Signal_50_20x.jpg (200.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-28-2023 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:58 AM

I started with the classic German #1 reticle. It morphed to what I'm calling the the 3 Bar with an illuminated chevron. It has the 48.26cm (19") at 50m gap of its grandpa, but I added 20 millirad subtensions 'cause the 48.26cm at 50m gap is more or less 10 mrads, but what do you think a good lead on a running target turned out to be?

The 3 Bar has all the low-light visibility advantages of the German #1 reticle (since NL games don't have a battery life mechanic), an extra subtension advantage of its own, and none of its grandpa's long-range occlusive detriments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_P90_German_1.jpg (317.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_P90_3bar_Day.jpg (316.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_P90_3bar_20mrads.jpg (318.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_P90_3bar_Night.jpg (256.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_P90_3bar_NVG.jpg (140.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-02-2023, 03:31 PM

I've been playing around with this today. Not sure red is the best color for it, so I plan to try a green version, and the fill shade goes a completely glaring white against a sunny, snowy background, so that'll need tweaking.

But as the screenshot shows, the moon is 55 millirads wide on this map. That's 3.15°, which is a good six times larger than the moon really is (0.52°, or 9.08 mrads).

Trivia!

Edit: I do believe I prefer the green version. The glarey fill color is a bit clearer, too.

Edit Again: A black line-illuminated chevron version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+.jpg (292.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+g_Day.jpg (489.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+g_Night.jpg (278.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+g_NVG.jpg (157.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+B_Day.jpg (499.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+B_Night.jpg (270.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_German_1+B_NVG.jpg (152.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 02-02-2023 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:28 PM

I've said something like this before, somewhere: I am a fan and modder of NovaLogic games. I have clear concepts of neither effective time management nor fruitful effort.

Behold: I've modded the Claymore so you can use the slit sight. It has no effect on anything in game, but you can ADS the Claymore. Is this how you actually aim a Claymore? Maybe? It's been a long time since basic training, but I have a vague recollection, an inconclusive Google search, and a training manual .pdf I found...

http://ugcsurvival.com/WeaponsManual...2019660106.pdf

... that seems to back me up.

Should I be proud? Should I be ashamed? I don't know!

Edit: Bit of fun with a ZF-41-ish 4x, German 4 reticle, illuminated.

Edit again: Other reticles, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_Claymore_hip.jpg (444.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_Claymore_ADS.jpg (452.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_ZF-41_German_4_Illuminated_Day.jpg (287.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_ZF-41_German_4_Illuminated_Night.jpg (214.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_ZF-41_German_4_Illuminated_NVG.jpg (132.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_ZF-41_Susat_Day.jpg (303.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_ZF-41_German_1_Day.jpg (300.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 02-10-2023 at 07:16 PM.

Tags
bhd mods, bhd sights, m60 sights, optical sights, wtf