Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:39 AM
SuperNoob is offline SuperNoob

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Remastered

Today I searched dfbhd remastered on YouTube and found a small team of game developers called "Red Jake Studio. It is a team of developers that is making a remake of Delta Force Black Hawk Down and is desperately in need for some attention so please go and support them on Patreon
I am not a part of this team in any way. Just wanted you people to know because I think you are the ones who can help them getting THQ onboard with Red Jake Studio.

https://youtu.be/BzlXjf9jkkM
Old 06-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Seen it a few times on the Facebook page, looks like a cool project. Would be neat to get THQ on board with it, wonder if that'd be possible...

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-11-2018, 07:29 PM
blk magic is offline blk magic

It's great and all.

Wish they wouldn't have used the same assets though. They will be running the risk of THQ Nordic going legal on them if they find out/recognize assets.

Changing the name isn't enough. They can't copy buildings, towers, and other things. I remember bringing it to the Dev's attention. He said he tried contacting THQ Nordic about it but received no response.

Not trying to put these types of projects down. I want them to succeed so that we have a DF inspired game to go to. Just don't want them to sink hundreds upon hundreds of hours making it to only have THQ Nordic shut it down for infringement.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

I kind of wish they would create new content. It is cool to see a better looking version of the game i love... but what we need is to keep the bhd gameplay with better revisions of the buildings, sounds, and special effects. Maybe some maps and environments that look more like the Somalia.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk magic View Post
It's great and all.

Wish they wouldn't have used the same assets though. They will be running the risk of THQ Nordic going legal on them if they find out/recognize assets.

Changing the name isn't enough. They can't copy buildings, towers, and other things. I remember bringing it to the Dev's attention. He said he tried contacting THQ Nordic about it but received no response.

Not trying to put these types of projects down. I want them to succeed so that we have a DF inspired game to go to. Just don't want them to sink hundreds upon hundreds of hours making it to only have THQ Nordic shut it down for infringement.
The said that they are working on new assets and the assets from the game are just placeholders.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoob View Post
The said that they are working on new assets and the assets from the game are just placeholders.
That's good then.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:49 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
I kind of wish they would create new content. It is cool to see a better looking version of the game i love... but what we need is to keep the bhd gameplay with better revisions of the buildings, sounds, and special effects. Maybe some maps and environments that look more like the Somalia.
Quote:
As a matter of chance I went to download a Blackhawk model today and I thought the licensing from the download page at Turbosquid may be of interest here...

This is for a free model and I've shortened it for ease of reading.

Quote:
Images or models of the UH60 Blackhawk, would include or allude to the brand "sikorsky", to cut a long story short only editorial uses of this product are allowed, other uses (such as within computer games) may require legal clearances from third party intellectual property owners.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:26 AM
Long is offline Long

Great to have a post about our work
We are remaking everything including the map that you saw in the video. We have contacted THQ, they replied and said they would love to see our work. However, they havent replied since then.
Our plan for the future is to bring THQ on board so we can use their old sounds ( like radio sounds, mission sounds) to the single player campaign. If thing doesnt go well as planned, we will still continue the work as another franchise But keeping gameplay as close to the original as possible
Old 06-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Snowman is offline Snowman

It would be great to see the remastered BHD!
I wish you good luck with this great work, Mr. Long Sir!
Old 06-22-2018, 02:50 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
It would be great to see the remastered BHD!
I wish you good luck with this great work, Mr. Long Sir!
Thank you very much
Old 06-22-2018, 11:26 AM

Does anyone think this project can go somewhere?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Hope this helps in some way...?

MOD API
https://mod.io/
Old 06-22-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, as long as THQ Nordic doesn't get in the way. And they won't as long as the assets aren't the same.

Copying gameplay isn't an issue. Every dev copies gameplay to some extent (look at Battle Royale games - and all the knock off game apps on the phone.)

Whether it is successful in the sea of FPS games out there is another question. It can as long as you can replicate DF gameplay, which is unique. COD = closed map/linear gameplay. BF = more open maps than COD but must snipe to reach across map, else you are forced to get in close..just like COD. MilSims like ARMA and Squad are more realistic BF's in a nutshell. DF is open maps with a variety of weapons that can be used to duke it out with other player(s) across the map. That's the way it has been since its inception. People always talk about and remember how they would have gunfights from great distances. Can't do that anymore in any shooter.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:34 PM
test is offline test
bhdRevival

Quote:
Red Jake Studios - https://www.facebook.com/RedJakeStudiosLLC/

Old 07-10-2019, 08:46 AM
dcspurs74 is offline dcspurs74

Hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope so it turn out and the game get remaster.... It be great for everyones and just like back to old times when it first come out...