Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
EZK_Cobra is offline EZK_Cobra

got a mystery, vehicles falling thru

got a mystery for you all.
so here i am, building my next map, going along adding buildings, people, foliage, building a tunnel with 3 different rooms, filling them with stuff to blow up. i save it and open the map in single player and looks good.
I start running around looking at other things.
i see something that doesnt look right, my jeep wheels have sunk into the floor of the building that i have them sitting in.
i look around more and see another problem, i have tanks driving across a bridge, all looks good but i also have an LCAC that comes out of the water with 3 more tanks on it that is supposed to come up and stop on the bridge.
as it approches the bridge the LCAC falls thru the bridge but the tanks stay on top, the LCAC ends up standing on its nose with the props still sticking up thru the bridge.

whats going on? why are things falling thru bridges and tops of floors but other things dont?
everything was working just fine a couple days ago, LCAC came right across the bridge like its supposed to but not now???

Last edited by EZK_Cobra; 01-13-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Use 3D Wireframe for aligning stuff vertically.

Can you remember what you changed? (As you said it was working before?)
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 AM

the most that i changed was in the tunnel network.
i went thru and started deleting items one group at a time and it still did it.
i even had a helicopter falling right thru a building that i had it setting on.
turns out that once i deleted all the bad guys out of the tunnels it stopped doing it.
so now i have tunnels filled with stuff to blow up but with no bad guys in them.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
bad save maybe
LCAC that comes out of the water with 3 more tanks on it that is supposed to come up and stop on the bridge.

or when you added them to the map you click-on the same sport and imported them in same location, line them up and set the speed to same following the way point

as for the wheels inside the building being sunk in the floor i would rise it up a bet do to the building floor is higher then the terrain is, easy fix use the wire frame as chrispy stated
1.) high light the buidlng first then high lite then item you like to move up down or side to side is all up to you.

last item to be high lite is the item you like to move around or change it location inside the wire frame area.

approaches the bridge the LCAC falls thou the bridge, set the way point height across the bridge so its level with the bridge other wise it will follow the lay of the terrain up and down, LCAC is following the way point and in a spot you need to adjust it a bet to go across the bridge level using the wire frame in the map editor

did you know planes and tanks can fly as long the way point is set up in the air, normal for tanks, wheel driven item will follow the lay of the land so when crossing a bridge over a water way you need to adjust it a bet using the wire frame inside the map editor

basic you click-on the way point and its highlighted and then click-on the wire frame text in the map editor then ether use the Key pad or the 4-arrow keys rise it up or lower it

combo with using the shift-key, ctlr-key combo with Arrow-keys or the number key-pad you can do a lot of things inside the wire frame option in the map editor

to many things to list play with it some and see what you can do with it

something to think about when a map loads up and item hight is set it will load up and say if it up in the air like a person set to five floors up they will fall, but if the person is standing on something like a box up in the air! the person will stay there same for a wall laying on it side like a walkway midair person will be ok

as long the item height is set for a spot in in the sky it will stay up there same for way points
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-14-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:36 AM

everything works fine now after i deleted the bad guys that i had added in the tunnel.

before i deleted the bad guys you could watch the helicopter on top of the building, it would be sitting there just like it should be but as soon as the tanks came up and touched the bridge the helicopter would fall thru the building.

the LCAC would then come up and fall through the bridge.

after i deleted the bad guys that were in the tunnel it all works just like it should, the helo stays on top of the building, the LCAC drives across the bridge, everything is fine but only after i deleted the bad guys that were in the tunnel. wierd how this would be linked together like that.

im going to try adding bad guys back in the tunnel and see if it happens again. it kind of sounds like something going on like skinny killer had in his post "the Ghost Bug" where he could walk thru buildings and he had to replace bots. anybody know yet what causes these kinds of bot errors?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:16 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally posted by EZK_Cobra
everything works fine now after i deleted the bad guys that i had added in the tunnel.

before i deleted the bad guys you could watch the helicopter on top of the building, it would be sitting there just like it should be but as soon as the tanks came up and touched the bridge the helicopter would fall thru the building.

the LCAC would then come up and fall through the bridge.

after i deleted the bad guys that were in the tunnel it all works just like it should, the helo stays on top of the building, the LCAC drives across the bridge, everything is fine but only after i deleted the bad guys that were in the tunnel. wierd how this would be linked together like that.

im going to try adding bad guys back in the tunnel and see if it happens again. it kind of sounds like something going on like skinny killer had in his post "the Ghost Bug" where he could walk thru buildings and he had to replace bots. anybody know yet what causes these kinds of bot errors?

EZK Cobra,

You'll find alot of bugs in the DFX software. Skinny and I have a running joke about using a can of RAID on "all them bugs" !!!!!! LOL

Dave
Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
yeah I have the same bug in one of my maps. it is always caused by having too many of the same object on the map. in fact, because of this bug is the only reason why I have not been able to upload that Shadows Of the Son map that everyone is waiting for.

Sorry guys. I'm still trying to fix the bug so I can upload it. I kow you've been waiting on it spinney.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
think some one made a mod that fix a lot of item and made some item be able to use there a black bird have rockets on it but not use able but with the mod it was fix and shots rockets can't name it don't remember the mod name
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM

ok...thank you all
i guess i'll just have the LCAC stop short of the bridge then.
everything was ok again until i added a few bg's in the tunnel then it all started acting weird again.
i'm nowhere near the maximum bg's yet.
i'll get rid of the building for the chopper and just use the helo pad tile.
i've probably used too many pieces of tunnel if its caused by too many of the same thing but i like putting together all those goodies underground.... lol.