Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
whats ur opinion..

just curious....what does every1 think on this whole "gay" people issue?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Like people using the word to describe things? I think that's dumb and childish.. I hate it when something is "gay".

About george bush? He is gay.. hes just trying to hide the fact. It's all his cover up.

But what do I think about it? I think they should be able to do what they want.. they aren't hurting anyone.. Dosen't matter to me as long as I ain't the one they comming on to

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

hey panther, can i come on to you?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

as to the question:
i think that you shouldnt call a person gay in a bad way even if they are because they are people too... and if the person isnt gay and you call them that they may take offense to that and get mad or feel hurt and thats no fair either... because no one deserves that... and i dont care who is gay and who isnt as long as the gay people arent hitting on me cuz i dont swing that way... but hot guys with nice butts are ok to hit on me though... lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The only thing that is my fault is me not having any faults.
Quote:
My english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high. Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be 35.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:35 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by P's Girl
hey panther, can i come on to you?
i think panther might have a girlfriend or fiancee or something.

My answer to the whole "gay" people

People do what they want to do, you like you. Sometimes other people think what they say/do is "gay", but to other people, its not. To other people, it could be informative and help someone do something. Or it could be plain stupid and that still wouldn't be "gay" to me. I don't really ever use the word "gay". I will sometimes when i really don't like something, but, its just not my kinda word.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

Quote:
Originally posted by E.D.G.E
i think panther might have a girlfriend or fiancee or something.
oh really? thats too bad... which is it though? girlfriend or fiance? oh well... maybe he'll still be interested in me anyways... lol...
Old 02-25-2004, 04:32 PM
~TóMMy*GúN~ is offline ~TóMMy*GúN~

Hopefully it's just the latest childish fashion (noticed my ten year old saying it) but using gay as an insult reminds me of when people used to use racist terms to describe people and things. I hope were not going back down that path. Let face it, it is a sort of predudice and the worlds a bad enough place without more of that. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Errrr.........i'm talking about the gay marraiges taking place in california and LA.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:57 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
o lol...oops...im not really sure nout that 1
Old 02-25-2004, 06:35 PM
~TóMMy*GúN~ is offline ~TóMMy*GúN~

Oh, that. Though that was legal everywere (outside US and a few communist countries), no big deal.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:23 PM
secretx is offline secretx

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
I think they should be able to do what they want.. they aren't hurting anyone.. Dosen't matter to me as long as I ain't the one they comming on to
I agree. In America there's such a thing as separation of church and state. The nation cannot fairly ban homosexuals from getting married just because the Christian Bible condemns homosexuals. Pursuit of happiness is another point: all Americans are granted the right to do what makes them happy, within reason. If marrying a person of the same sex is what makes them happy, and it doesn't harm anybody, then by all means, they should marry a person of the same sex. It's their right. To revoke it would be hypocritical, would be equivalent to saying that the freedoms for which America's soldiers have fought are nothing.

I do, however, doubt that the 70-something and 80-something year old women who got married just recently are really marrying for love or money. My personal opinion is that they're just going for the publicity and hoping that history will remember them as the pioneers of gay marriage. POOH ON THE NEWLYWEDS.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

gays dont bug me if they stay away from and dont try to "hit" on me. cuz then they get knocked the **** out
Old 02-25-2004, 08:30 PM
_Z_ is offline _Z_

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
I think they should be able to do what they want.. they aren't hurting anyone.. Dosen't matter to me as long as I ain't the one they comming on to
^^

----------------
Old 02-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

Quote:
Originally posted by P's Girl
and i dont care who is gay and who isnt as long as the gay people arent hitting on me cuz i dont swing that way... but hot guys with nice butts are ok to hit on me though... lol
let them do what they want they arent hurting anyone holds dear except maybe their sanity but who cares if they are that predjudiced that they cant stand to see two people happy regardless of their gender... you dont see people getting mad at and calling down a married man and women in the grocery store... these people should get over themselves and leave the people alone to do what they want... i think its kinda weird personally but i dont matter and who am i to get in the way of someone elses happiness... i got enough people getting in the way of mine and i am not homosexual of any kind... any insults hurt so as long as they arent hitting on me its allllllllllll good!!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:09 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I do wish the word gay had not been stolen, as if it belonged to them, by the homosexual community. The word gay used to mean carefree and happy so why not call themselves what they are i.e. homosexual?

As for using the word gay as an insult, well that just goes to show how bastardised the English language has become. Wicked means good here in England which I for one have never understood?

As for so called gay marriages? Well I suppose it's down to individual choice however there are some who see this trend as undermining traditional male/female marriage.

The question is how much freedom do we allow people to do what they want? To much freedom is like drinking to much wine, it tends to go your head and then there are no limits!

Homosexuality is part of the human condition and has been around as long as the human race, we cannot put an end to it because it is part of human nature but as to wether we accept it as part of "normal" life well I guess the jury is still out on that one.

Regards
Old 02-26-2004, 04:20 PM
secretx is offline secretx

here comes the jury...

FINAL VERDICT: People are allowed to do what makes them happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody/anything. And homosexuals are people.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
homosexual (gay) marraiges? way i see it... its a first sign of a nation going bad and is about to fall. no nation last long when it goes down hill in wickedness. whats next in line? bothers and sisters getting marry to each other or a man marrys a horse come on there is a limite. i say no way two man or women of the same sex should be able to get marry to each other. but if one of the partys like to have a sex change to be able to get marry fine with me, outside that for get it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-26-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
but if one of the partys like to have a sex change to be able to get marry fine with me, outside that for get it.
You put a whole new prospective on this chief lol..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
lol sorry it hit me that way
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Se7eN is offline Se7eN

Send a message via AIM to Se7eN
Rosie O'donnel just got married to a woman... just in time for bush's speech

^ i cant spell... bower should be bauer... hell with it...

Originally posted by blueprint
If you weren't so great in bed I'd have to say that's ripping.